inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AmIRight Parodist Idol

Written By: skittlesking on 05/06/08 at 9:36 pm

We are having trouble getting the word out for the AmIRight Parodist Idle contest, we are wondering what you guys think, and why if you don't mind posting it.

Subject: Re: AmIRight Parody Challenge

Written By: wildcard on 05/06/08 at 9:49 pm

Is there an I don't know but I'm easy option? It's getting a little late to try and advertise for new people. 

Written By: skittlesking on 05/06/08 at 10:14 pm

Is there an I don't know but I'm easy option? It's getting a little late to try and advertise for new people. 

I didn't put an 'I don't know option' because I figured I was more looking to see if there was a consensus for or against allowing veterans.

The thought process were the ones who've won an SOTM gold have already won that type of contest, with POTM/Q it was that if they already have recordings done themselves that are good enough to beat out the best recording artist, the main prize really wouldn't apply to them, but with a slow initial response after a rather heavy amount of interest shown, I'm wondering how many people think the inability of contest winners to enter is hurting it, of course even if this poll goes on it would be discussed between the three of us (Me Agri and Red Ant) before an official change in rules would be announced, and hopefully with me getting used to my new work schedule I can start posting mini-ads on AmIRight (I've been notably absent from all sites the past week or so), but I don't want this contest to go by the way side--and the more opinions, debate I can get on this rather quickly the better.

Subject: Re: AmIRight Parodist Idol

Written By: Step-chan on 05/06/08 at 10:31 pm

Yes to both, I'm lax about it.

Written By: wildcard on 05/06/08 at 11:53 pm

The thought process were the ones who've won an SOTM gold have already won that type of contest, with POTM/Q it was that if they already have recordings done themselves that are good enough to beat out the best recording artist, the main prize really wouldn't apply to them, but with a slow initial response after a rather heavy amount of interest shown, I'm wondering how many people think the inability of contest winners to enter is hurting it, of course even if this poll goes on it would be discussed between the three of us (Me Agri and Red Ant) before an official change in rules would be announced, and hopefully with me getting used to my new work schedule I can start posting mini-ads on AmIRight (I've been notably absent from all sites the past week or so), but I don't want this contest to go by the way side--and the more opinions, debate I can get on this rather quickly the better.

I want to do this because I don't have to worry about going to youtube and frusterating myself to death while trying to vote fair for everyone.  I'm more concerned with having enough people to do this.  Let them all come.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/07/08 at 10:55 am

I don't think SOTM wins is an issue, it's just getting the word out to people who wouldn't ordinarily compete in anything because they are afraid of not being good enough or they simply don't care to.

Shouldn't there be another choice on the bottom...Yes to SOTM, no to POTQ?

Written By: Matthias on 05/07/08 at 10:57 am

What's the difference between "No to Both" and "No"?

Written By: skittlesking on 05/07/08 at 5:12 pm

What's the difference between "No to Both" and "No"?

That's what I get for posting tired, their results will be combined at the end of the poll

Written By: wildcard on 05/08/08 at 11:10 am

I don't think SOTM wins is an issue, it's just getting the word out to people who wouldn't ordinarily compete in anything because they are afraid of not being good enough or they simply don't care to.

Sounds good to me.  The grand prize isn't meant for POTQ anyway. 

Written By: skittlesking on 05/08/08 at 4:44 pm

Ok, the poll has been reset. . .with new option

Written By: wildcard on 05/09/08 at 11:44 am

I'll go with Yes STOM or both.  What do other participants want to do?

Check for new replies or respond here...