inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who the heck is the Mistress/Cakes/Unknown Voter?

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/09/08 at 8:06 am

Veteran writers should know who I am talking about. I am just curious.  ???

Subject: Re: Who the heck is the Mistress/Cakes/Unknown Voter?

Written By: Red Ant on 05/09/08 at 8:20 am

I dunno, but she is a fan of many writer's works, mine included. Thus, she is cool.  ;)

Ant

Written By: Matthias on 05/09/08 at 9:00 am

I have no idea either. She seems like a very Arwen like person, but I don't think it is Arwen.

Written By: Invisible Boy on 05/09/08 at 9:31 am

I'm glad this question is being asked because I've wondered the same thing. I enjoy her comments and she is certainly very generous with them.

What do we have for clues so far ?

She lives in NorCal
She has a thing for bald cowboys
She likes to say "Cabo Wabo" (or something like that)
She sometimes comments with bits of songs or parodies, so she must be a writer.
She uses that "Sir...of the round table"... medieval vernacular

Perhaps we should pick a day and all submit parodies about her on the same day.

Thoughts...?

8)

Written By: Matthias on 05/09/08 at 9:34 am

I'm glad this question is being asked because I've wondered the same thing. I enjoy her comments and she is certainly very generous with them.

What do we have for clues so far ?

She lives in NorCal
She has a thing for bald cowboys
She likes to say "Cabo Wabo" (or something like that)
She sometimes comments with bits of songs or parodies, so she must be a writer.
She uses that "Sir...of the round table"... medieval vernacular

Perhaps we should pick a day and all submit parodies about her on the same day.

Thoughts...?

8)

I'm up for that.

Written By: skittlesking on 05/09/08 at 6:59 pm

I'd be in too, there are somedays her little witty comments really lift my spirits

Written By: Max Power on 05/21/08 at 10:45 pm

I like her better than the 1-bomb stalker who have finally commented

http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/thebeatles2168.shtml

"It" still hides behind a question mark though.

Written By: Max Power on 05/21/08 at 10:45 pm

I'd be in too, there are somedays her little witty comments really lift my spirits

"California Girls" comes to mind.

Written By: adagio on 07/21/08 at 12:44 pm

I like her comments, but she continues to think I am a man. :)

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/09/08 at 2:30 pm

She says her name is Catherine... ???
http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/randybrooks0.shtml

Written By: Arwen on 09/09/08 at 5:28 pm

I have no idea either. She seems like a very Arwen like person, but I don't think it is Arwen.

Ah...it's not me.  Back when I was around regularly, rather than just here and there, I knew a "Mistress,"

(we even did a parody together...here:  http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/billyjoel180.shtml )

but I don't think that Mistress (who appeared under MANY names, actually) comments lately.  Then again, I don't comment lately...so maybe my little friend has made a comeback and I didn't know about it. 

Now I'm going to have to hit the comments page to see if I can detect a match...:) 

P.S.  Speaking of me not being around much anymore...I really think someone needs to run another Decathlon, because for some reason that format gets me writing and nothing else seems to be doing the trick lately.  Or...if someone wants to just give me bi-weekly assignments, that might work, too...I aim to please.  :-*

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/09/08 at 8:04 pm

Ah...it's not me.  Back when I was around regularly, rather than just here and there, I knew a "Mistress,"

(we even did a parody together...here:  http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/billyjoel180.shtml )

but I don't think that Mistress (who appeared under MANY names, actually) comments lately.  Then again, I don't comment lately...so maybe my little friend has made a comeback and I didn't know about it. 

Now I'm going to have to hit the comments page to see if I can detect a match...:) 

P.S.  Speaking of me not being around much anymore...I really think someone needs to run another Decathlon, because for some reason that format gets me writing and nothing else seems to be doing the trick lately.  Or...if someone wants to just give me bi-weekly assignments, that might work, too...I aim to please.  :-*

How about. . .

Genre: Sadistic Rap

Topic: Chickens Eating Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. . .

:)

I don't know, after AmIRight Idol I think someone (looks at Matthias) may be starting something similar to a Decathlon. . .don't know for sure though  ;)

Written By: Mistress Leola on 09/09/08 at 9:10 pm

P.S.  Speaking of me not being around much anymore...I really think someone needs to run another Decathlon, because for some reason that format gets me writing and nothing else seems to be doing the trick lately.  Or...if someone wants to just give me bi-weekly assignments, that might work, too...I aim to please.   :-*

Nope, ain't me. 

Muss be anozer meestress out zere.  Who darez to use zee moniker wizout my pirmissions?!?!?!

Check for new replies or respond here...