inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Intro Comments - Do You Read Them?

Written By: Red Ant on 05/14/08 at 9:08 pm

I don't mean to be possibly insulting here: I'm just curious. The reason for this thread is that I've noticed a fair amount of "DKTOS: . . . " comments on mine and other's parodies, even with ones that provide the original song hyperlinked in the intro comments. I know, personally, that *long* intro comments generally turn me off, though that is not the norm, rather the exception.

If someone provides a link to an OS, especially in their intro comments, I will right-click it and have a listen. I know many people do not link OSs in their parodies, and that is fine as well: again, I'm just curious how many people look at/click on intro comments when reading parodies.

Ant

Subject: Re: Intro Comments - Do You Read Them?

Written By: Step-chan on 05/14/08 at 10:29 pm

I do, although if I know the theme, I usually just skim it. If there is a link or if I can look it up on youtube, I will listen to it as I read through the parody.

Written By: skittlesking on 05/14/08 at 10:32 pm

Always

Written By: EthanM on 05/15/08 at 12:09 am

John Jenkins definitely ready my top comments today

Written By: Matthias on 05/15/08 at 1:50 pm

As long as they're not too long.... (Peter's generally are too long in my opinion, Sorry Pete... I do read your occasionally)

Written By: philbo on 05/15/08 at 2:00 pm

Usually... especially the long ones (though I reserve the right to skip the rest if the first bit's boring...)

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/16/08 at 10:24 am

As long as they're not too long.... (Peter's generally are too long in my opinion, Sorry Pete... I do read your occasionally)

DITTO Matthias.

Anyone who comments DKTOS when the link is provided is either unable to listen on their PC, or just too damned lazy to try.

Written By: K1chyd on 06/11/08 at 2:06 pm

Admittedly some of my intros have been toooo long...  :-http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/tiamat0.shtml

Written By: jreuben on 06/13/08 at 8:46 am

I do...sometimes some of the funniest lines are in the headers  :)

I don't mean to be possibly insulting here: I'm just curious. The reason for this thread is that I've noticed a fair amount of "DKTOS: . . . " comments on mine and other's parodies, even with ones that provide the original song hyperlinked in the intro comments. I know, personally, that *long* intro comments generally turn me off, though that is not the norm, rather the exception.

If someone provides a link to an OS, especially in their intro comments, I will right-click it and have a listen. I know many people do not link OSs in their parodies, and that is fine as well: again, I'm just curious how many people look at/click on intro comments when reading parodies.

Ant

Check for new replies or respond here...