inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ridiculously ambitious challenge i decided to take on

Written By: EthanM on 05/15/08 at 2:14 pm

I am going to write a new parody of a top ten for each year starting from 1955 and ending in 2008, which is when I plan to finish this challenge. This will be done in order, with the exception of anything written for Amiright Idol or if I come up with such a good idea I feel like I have to do it immediately. I'll post the results in this thread.

Subject: Re: Ridiculously Ambitions challenge i decided to take on

Written By: Matthias on 05/15/08 at 4:51 pm

I am going to write a new parody of a top ten for each year starting from 1955 and ending in 2008, which is when I plan to finish this challenge. This will be done in order, with the exception of anything written for Amiright Idol or if I come up with such a good idea I feel like I have to do it immediately. I'll post the results in this thread.

Intresting challenge.... What exactly is the Top 10 from 1955 to 2008? Is there a list or something... Just intrested, I might do a few of these myself.

Written By: EthanM on 05/15/08 at 5:55 pm

I'm using top40db.net, which tells you what any song's peak chart position was along with the lyrics starting from 1955. I'm using what seems to be the main chart throughout...the song that I'm working on for 1955 was #1 on the top 100 chart, and done quite a few times already on amiright.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/16/08 at 10:22 am

Are you saying you will do the Top 10 Songs for each year from 1955 to 2008, consecutively?  :o

That's 430 songs! You will be kept busy for certain. Good luck. 8)

Written By: EthanM on 05/16/08 at 10:52 am

430 give or take a zero, take in this case. Still working on #1, so 43 could take a while especially with amiright idol hopefully coming up.

Written By: EthanM on 05/16/08 at 2:53 pm

It's a total of 54, not 43, and I just finished the first one

Subject: Re: Ridiculously ambitious challenge i decided to take on

Written By: EthanM on 05/29/08 at 10:44 pm

I finished the 50s and have a plan for my '60 song but I'm waiting until tomorrow to start it.  It's a lot of trouble to post all the links - it'll be easier to post recent submissions that aren't part of of this and I haven't written any yet.

Check for new replies or respond here...