inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: George Carlin is Dead

Written By: K1chyd on 06/23/08 at 9:27 am

Probably the wrong forum for this, but I knew about him way up here in the North, he was one of the giants of stand up comedy, and now they say in the local media that he's dead...  :\'(

Subject: Re: George Carlin is Dead

Written By: Below Average Dave on 06/23/08 at 1:04 pm

Probably the wrong forum for this, but I knew about him way up here in the North, he was one of the giants of stand up comedy, and now they say in the local media that he's dead...  :\'(

That sux, he's a classic comedian, you don't find any as brave and brunt as him anymore

RIP George  :-\\

Written By: nally on 06/23/08 at 4:01 pm

yes, we have a thread in the "Celebrity Heaven" forum already: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=33135.0

And yes, I heard about it too.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/23/08 at 5:03 pm

Found out about it earlier before going online.

Maybe someone could do a song parody tribute.

Written By: Matthias on 06/24/08 at 11:08 am

"That Witty George Carlin's Funny" to "Wanna Be Startin' Something" is a possibility.... Although pretty much impossible to pull off.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 06/24/08 at 1:06 pm

"That Witty George Carlin's Funny" to "Wanna Be Startin' Something" is a possibility.... Although pretty much impossible to pull off.

yeah that seems like a stretch for a title. . .Not really the best OS to try and do a tribute with.

Written By: Matthias on 06/24/08 at 5:51 pm

yeah that seems like a stretch for a title. . .Not really the best OS to try and do a tribute with.

I referenced him in "FCC" so I think that's good enough in itself since I submitted that song for SOTM (Although that month kinda sucked for me)

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/26/08 at 12:46 pm

But I can easily see it...particularly in the "Mama Say" refrain, utilizing a number of the 7 Words You Can't Say On Television!  ;D
Matthias, if I do this (and that's a big IF), you will get credit for the idea.

Written By: Matthias on 06/26/08 at 3:05 pm

But I can easily see it...particularly in the "Mama Say" refrain, utilizing a number of the 7 Words You Can't Say On Television!  ;D
Matthias, if I do this (and that's a big IF), you will get credit for the idea.

I would love to see it done.

Check for new replies or respond here...