inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jay Jianoran's 'recap' parodies.

Written By: Jason on 07/28/08 at 12:25 pm

Dear ChuckyG and All.

Is there anyone out there who understands any point in Jay Jianoran's 'recap' parodies? They all seem badly paced, rhyming non-existent and just lacking humour. I am not trying to get this author banned from the site as there was one or two parodies from him that wern't too bad, but I just want to say Im not the biggest fan of Jay Jianoran's work. I read his lastest parody based on Cindi Lauper - Time After Time (another 'recap' parody) but I just couldn't make any sense of it.

If there is anyone who understands his recap efforts, please help me out!

Subject: Re: Jay Jianoran's 'recap' parodies.

Written By: jreuben on 07/28/08 at 2:07 pm

Looks like he's giving a summary (recap) of various NASCAR races over the years and fitting them into the song.  Not great pacing (at least for Time after Time, the only one I read), but enough where I could make it fit (for the chorus anyway).  I don't think they're meant to be funny.

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/29/08 at 1:44 pm

Well everyone has their fancies. You gotta admit, he's got tenacity, if not necessarily awesome parody writing skills. I don't understand the obsessiveness with Miss Teen USA theme songs, though.  ::)

Written By: Red Ant on 07/29/08 at 4:30 pm

Jeff and Aggy wrote pretty much what I was going to.  ;)

The only idea I have as to what Jay does with the pacing is he apparently (sometimes) matches word count, thus "I wanna be with you" leads to "Under the lights at Chicago" and "I Got My Mind Set On You" leads to "This Race is Just 160 Laps Long". I like NASCAR, but not enough to continue reading his parodies of it - the odd capitalization and improper grammar usage are more distracting than the poor pacing and non-existant rhyming.

Ant

Check for new replies or respond here...