inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dr. Music--Petition to ban.

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/05/08 at 8:16 am

See comments and parodies posted by Dr. Music from 8/4 through today.

I will not deign to bother posting back on this character's noodlings. I will only say that it is a waste of our time and Chuck's bandwidth.

Subject: Re: Dr. Music--Petition to ban.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/05/08 at 9:02 am

I also am leaning towards 'yes' his attacks are almost comical though in how hypocritical they are which is good for a laugh; so I will hold out on a full yes right now, but I am at the very least 'not opposed' to a ban in this case.

Written By: philbo on 08/05/08 at 11:05 am

He's a fairly annoying sort of child... we've seen the sort around before, and I'm sure we will again.  At the moment, I don't think he's worth banning (though, obviously, it's not me who's been the focus of his petulance, so he probably seems less annoying to me than to others such as yourself, Ag).

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/05/08 at 11:53 am

Don't misunderstand me...I've dealt with detractors before (and most of them were my own damned fault), so it doesn't get me down any longer.

However, he is either taking far too much time posting attacks against people who aren't attacking him, or writing pissy, backhanded insincere missives disguised as apologies. This juvenile behavior is not the spirit of this Web site.

Written By: Jason on 08/07/08 at 5:21 am

This reminds me of the banning of Linda Terhune because of her attitude.

I am for a 'yes' if his behaviour doesn't approve, though I understand ChuckyG has already warned him of his behaviour.

Written By: wildcard on 08/07/08 at 11:29 pm

I'm looking at the bottom comments on his Dinosaur parody and wondering if he/they really think they need to apologize as much as they are or if they are being smart allaks.  I wouldn't want to have them banned even if they are just being smart allack kids.  I haven't been following all the attacks and am not being attacked, but this seems like nothing compared to something I saw of Linda Terhune's or Proud American's so called game. 

Maybe I'll go take a look at their stuff.

Written By: wildcard on 08/08/08 at 1:02 am

I didn't look at all of them, but the parodists one he did was just kind of silly.  I see a kid goofing off. 

Written By: Red Ant on 08/29/08 at 12:44 am

(NSFW, 18+)

http://www.whatfreaks.com/parody/2000s/eminem20.shtml

His level of asshattery just ran into a brick wall...

Ant

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/29/08 at 7:47 am

(NSFW, 18+)

http://www.whatfreaks.com/parody/2000s/eminem20.shtml

His level of asshattery just ran into a brick wall...

Ant

Maybe my last commentary was his inspiration. Why was my  "(This explains everything)" removed?  ??? I was merely pointing out the reasonable conclusion that "Dr. Music" is the person behind the godawful John Candy tributes that appeared on amiright throughout this spring and summer.

In any case, the man is a no-talent who likes to push buttons. Speaking as a person who has been baited to anger from 'net knuckleheads many a time---you fell for it again Red.  :-X We simply all need to ignore him again, and ban him for any inapppropriate behavior in the future. How soon can the Whatfreaks work be stricken?

Written By: Red Ant on 08/29/08 at 8:14 am

Maybe my last commentary was his inspiration. Why was my  "(This explains everything)" removed?  ??? I was merely pointing out the reasonable conclusion that "Dr. Music" is the person behind the godawful John Candy tributes that appeared on amiright throughout this spring and summer.

In any case, the man is a no-talent who likes to push buttons. Speaking as a person who has been baited to anger from 'net knuckleheads many a time---you fell for it again Red.  :-X We simply all need to ignore him again, and ban him for any inapppropriate behavior in the future. How soon can the Whatfreaks work be stricken?

No idea about your comment, Aggy - I didn't see it (though I would have like to) and I don't edit wf.

Ant

Written By: wildcard on 08/29/08 at 11:10 am

How sweet of the doctor to say such wonderful things about us.  Get him out of here. 

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/29/08 at 12:09 pm

No idea about your comment, Aggy - I didn't see it (though I would have like to) and I don't edit wf.

Ant

This was for http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/thepolice29.shtml ..maybe I thought I added it, I could be just a moron.  :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/01/08 at 10:53 pm

Wow, I didn't know Red Ant had that kind of post in him :D :D

That was pretty cool.

Written By: wildcard on 09/02/08 at 9:58 pm

We are all grasshoppers and I suppose he is god or something.  He mentioned that good writing came from the heart and I tried to leave him with an address to my American pie parody.  I asked him to tell me if the site still needs help.  We don't need someone to come tell us how to write nor to tell chuckie how to run his site.  Lets see if he decides to knock it off.

added  this is taking place here http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/weirdalyankovic70.shtml

Written By: EthanM on 09/02/08 at 10:33 pm

I think it's fairly clear that the only way he'll knock it off is if someone makes the decision for him.  Right now I'd support a temporary ban with the possibility of permanence if he continues to act the same way after a suspension of a month or so.

Written By: wildcard on 09/03/08 at 12:15 am

he he he he now I'm dreaming.  like I said before get this person out of here.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 09/03/08 at 2:45 am

He is becoming what the French call: LE FRUITCAKE!

Okay, I've had my fun...but seriously, what's his problem?

Written By: wildcard on 09/03/08 at 9:52 am

^ I don't know but he has one.

I get this feeling we have met before.  Could it be Green Bloodied Hound Dog trying to see what he could get away with this time?  I don't know if we would be able to find that out.

Written By: EthanM on 09/03/08 at 10:26 am

I think that Chucky could find out if Dr. Music is posting from the same place as someone who was previously banned, but I don't think that's the case.  It's definitely not the hound dogs, since the jessy leppert signature style is nothing like dr music/master of oz/ghost of john candy

Written By: wildcard on 09/03/08 at 3:32 pm

I don't know but there is a doctor that started fooling around as as kid.  Then the whatfreak thing shows up.  Ghost shows up, the doctor says his evil twin submitted the whatwreak thing and also tells me the ghost didn't do anything to me and I'm dreaming.  I'm not sure if there's one or two people now.  This has really been on my mind lately. 

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/03/08 at 3:46 pm

I believe Dr Critic is the only name of those being mentioned that isn't actually him (Though even that one has had it's moments. . .)

I don't believe that the What Freaks post was by someone other than him (unless he has split personality--I don't mean that as a joke--it's not likely-but possible) because if someone posted some crap like that under my name here or on Whatfreaks--the instant I know about it, I'd report it, deny it and have it REMOVED which he has not done.

The "Ghost of John Candy" and other names I believe to be him are equally irritating. . .though I am still not for banning as holding what happens at What Freaks against someone on AmIRight (especially since he 'claims' it wasn't him that posted it) would be setting dangerous precedence.  We can't really start holding other sites against people here (even if it is the sister site) unless a rule is on the site, but that's up to Chucky.

I wish there was a way for editors to contact a person who is only on AmIRight. . .I mean, I know some of the editors can tell when a person posts under multiple names (and I personally am not against that unless it is used for tag teaming, or boosting your own works appeal, which is what's happening with these) and if there was a way to contact them and tell them not to abuse the messaging.  Unlike Linda therune however, I don't think Dr. Music's antics are completely and totally wrong as far as the AmIRight side is concerned.  He's clearly got a problem accepting criticism, and the 'evil twin', 'John Candy' etc handles he uses needs to stop--but unless I am incorrect, he has not posted a direct attack parody since he said he'd stop and took the warning seriously.  He has never plagiarized another work. . .and he's not swearing or posting novel long attack comments. . .

I am always of the unpopular opinion it seems, but I vote against the banning unless he goes back to attacks, that's where I draw the line, which is why I won't read or vote on any of his work so long as he doesn't protest or apologize the WhatFreaks post, simply saying "It Wasn't Me" and then leaving it up--that's not good enough for me. . .

Written By: wildcard on 09/03/08 at 7:38 pm

I'm not concerned about the whatfreaks thing any more.  What if there was someone else who wrote that?  I'm a little displeased with this I'm dreaming and grasshopper, guardian angel stuff.  We can keep ignoring it forever or put our foot down at some point.  Ethan was suggesting a temporary ban for a Month. I think something like that would be a good idea.

Written By: EthanM on 09/18/08 at 3:52 pm

the weremoose/werejohncandy stuff seems a bit out of hand.  It's Chucky's site and his decision, but I think the site would benefit from a mandatory vacation for Dr. Strangesongs.

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/18/08 at 4:39 pm

Terribly idiotic is the paragraphs of commentary that he writes under his various characters names for a parody that lord knows he might have even contributed himself.

Frankly everyone, the best thing to do is to just ignore him. I don't even engage him in conversation anymore when he's being nice, because I'm afraid that I'll get burned later. (not that it matters in the least of course, but I believe in the less stress the better in anything I do)

Written By: McKludge on 09/22/08 at 10:11 pm

I say I say that boy ain't right.  My guess is that he's a "touched" early teenager, but how does a 13 year old get that obsessed about Jay Leno?  John Candy and MST3K I could understand, but Jay?  One of those things is not like the other.

and BAD, is it possible that the Dr. Music on amiright doesn't even know about What Freaks?  I haven't kept up with the controversy.

Written By: Mr critic on 10/02/08 at 11:32 am

I think we should ban him. He's been leaving all kinds of inane comments on parodies, especially ones that I've commented on recently. He's been accusing me of not being "the real" Mister Critic, calling me things like "evil twin" and all. Check out his latest commentary on these parodies:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/plainwhitets44.shtml
http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/paulmccartney100.shtml

Someone commented as "knock it off", leaving a comment that wasn't mean, and then a troll ridiculed that one; I bet it was Dr M in disguise. He's telling me, Mr Critic, to leave others alone, but I think he should take his own advice. In fact, I bet all the comments after the "knock it off" one are Dr M under various and sundry aliases.

Written By: EthanM on 10/03/08 at 12:48 am

I just checked the latest comments page and he's pretty much asking the powers that be to ban him

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/06/08 at 10:03 am

Show of virtual hands please...

How many people think that Christie Marie M is another of the Dr.s personalities?  :-X

Written By: EthanM on 10/06/08 at 10:19 am

I didn't think she was  at first but after reading the last couple of comments either she is or Dr. Music is impersonating a separate person named christie marie M.  Dr. Music has been given second chance after second chance and really hasn't gotten any less trollish.

Written By: wildcard on 10/06/08 at 10:58 am

Big trouble maker that wishes to continue causing problems.  I'm Ignoring him until he's gone.     

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/06/08 at 12:08 pm

I didn't think she was  at first but after reading the last couple of comments either she is or Dr. Music is impersonating a separate person named christie marie M.  Dr. Music has been given second chance after second chance and really hasn't gotten any less trollish.

Yeah, I was touched by her early comments about some of my work...but then she suddenly started dropping comment after comment with the Dr. and his John Candy fixations...and she mentions her 'brother."

Written By: Mr critic on 10/06/08 at 1:47 pm

Yeah, I was touched by her early comments about some of my work...but then she suddenly started dropping comment after comment with the Dr. and his John Candy fixations...and she mentions her 'brother."

Yeah, Dr M seems to have a John Candy fetish, doesn't he? ::) I could tell from his latest comments.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/07/08 at 12:29 pm

I've been waiting to see if the person would chill out, or figure out that they were being a pest, but it's clear they know and don't care.  So I'll be blocking the IP and removing parodies/comments from the many various postings of this individual.

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/07/08 at 2:50 pm

http://www.palmerkanestudio.com/images/hooray.jpg

Written By: McKludge on 10/07/08 at 3:24 pm

I've been waiting to see if the person would chill out, or figure out that they were being a pest, but it's clear they know and don't care.  So I'll be blocking the IP and removing parodies/comments from the many various postings of this individual.

Thanks, Chucky.  As much as I don't like banning people in the first place, something had to be done about him.  It was getting to the point where you couldn't find the real comments in the noise that was Dr. Music and his alter egos.  I sure hope he didn't drive away some regulars or potential regulars.

Of course, now the Annie Are You Okay? Leno parody has lost all context  :)

Written By: Red Ant on 10/07/08 at 6:58 pm

Christie M may be a friend/sister of Dr. Music, but they are not the same person.

Dr. Music's thunder has been usurped. I can't say I'm surprised...

Ant

Written By: wildcard on 10/07/08 at 11:42 pm

I was hoping he'd knock it off too, but he didn't.  Thank you very much Chucky.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/07/08 at 11:52 pm

For posterity's sake, what I just removed from ONE URL on amiright:

Comment by Dr Music on October 07, 2008 - *.*.*.* - REMOVE
Bannned? THAT'S NOT FAIR. That's totally uncool, man. You ChuckyG are a big fat jerk. Some website owner you are, you're a real tyrant. I've never been this peeved off since Anna Nicole Smith got a tv show on E! It's no fair. You ARE the meanest, most selfish website owner i've ever met. And besides it was Annie who started it- if it wasn't for her and her utterly creepy Jay Leno song none of this woould have happened. I beg and pleaded with you guys not to ban me, I appologised and everything...you could have been nice to me but noooooo....you all had to be jerks. Especially ChuckyG, you're a selfish arrogant swine with no heart and you care about nothing but yourself. You're one of those corrupt corporate executives that don't care what people think- all you care about is money- while some poor people out there are suffering you're just in your big fancy office plotting your next attempt to destroy some precious landmark just so you can replace it with something like a mini-mall or drive in theatre. People like you make me sick. I don't even know whhy you got to be owner of the site in the first place, you are an insensitive jackass and you don't understand or appreciate my genius. Well i'll show, i'll show you all! DAMM YOU CHUCKYG! DAMM YOU ALL TO HELL!

Comment by Spirit Of Dr Music on October 07, 2008 - *.*.*.* - REMOVE
I may be gone but i am not forgotten. You may have banned me ChuckyG, but my legend will still live on. I still have my bucket list of things to do. You have banned me from this site, but you'll never be able to stop me from doing what I do best and that is spoofing pop culture. I may be gone but my candle will never burn out. My legend still lives on and not even you can change that. I have accomplished many things throughout my life and have lived a long prosperous life and have never aged a day. You made a terrible mistake by banning me. Call me when you get a change of heart and decide to unban me.

Comment by Spirit Of Dr Music on October 08, 2008 - *.*.*.* - REMOVE
ChuckyG, as Jennifer Connolly once said: "You have no power over me!" You are not the boss of me, you may be the owner of this site but you do not control the way I live my life. You are just "the man" trying to tell what I can and can't do, and i'm sticking it to "the man". I'm going to echo Jack Black here: "Give up, just quit, because in this life, you can't win. Yeah, you can try, but in the end you're just gonna lose, big time, because the world is run by the Man. The Man, oh, you don't know the Man. He's everywhere. In the White House... down the hall... My dad, he's the Man. And the Man ruined the ozone, he's burning down the Amazon, and he kidnapped Shamu and put her in a chlorine tank! And there used to be a way to stick it to the Man. It was called rock 'n roll, but guess what, oh no, the Man ruined that, too, with a little thing called MTV! So don't waste your time trying to make anything cool or pure or awesome 'cause the Man is just gonna call you a fat washed up loser and crush your soul. So do yourselves a favor and just GIVE UP! ". I'm sticking it to the man, and since you're the man it's you i'm sticking it to. You may have banned me but you will never ever find another parodist to replace me- I'm the best and always have been, i'll be remembered long after I die, i'm going to keep on rocking. I'm a free spirit, I do what I please and go wherever I want. I folow my heart wherever it leads, I am a werejohncandy and I am free to go wherever I pelase. I can do anything I want to do. I edo not need people like you to order me around, i'm a free spirit, I do what I want. You may be the owner of this website but you DO NOT own me. You can't take me, i'm free. You can't tame me, i'm a wild werejohncandy and one badass mammajamma...aowwwww!

Comment by Spirit Of Dr Music on October 08, 2008 - *.*.*.* - REMOVE
ChuckyG, as Jennifer Connolly once said: "You have no power over me!" You are not the boss of me, you may be the owner of this site but you do not control the way I live my life. You are just "the man" trying to tell what I can and can't do, and i'm sticking it to "the man". I'm going to echo Jack Black here: "Give up, just quit, because in this life, you can't win. Yeah, you can try, but in the end you're just gonna lose, big time, because the world is run by the Man. The Man, oh, you don't know the Man. He's everywhere. In the White House... down the hall... My dad, he's the Man. And the Man ruined the ozone, he's burning down the Amazon, and he kidnapped Shamu and put her in a chlorine tank! And there used to be a way to stick it to the Man. It was called rock 'n roll, but guess what, oh no, the Man ruined that, too, with a little thing called MTV! So don't waste your time trying to make anything cool or pure or awesome 'cause the Man is just gonna call you a fat washed up loser and crush your soul. So do yourselves a favor and just GIVE UP! ". I'm sticking it to the man, and since you're the man it's you i'm sticking it to. You may have banned me but you will never ever find another parodist to replace me- I'm the best and always have been, i'll be remembered long after I die, i'm going to keep on rocking. I'm a free spirit, I do what I please and go wherever I want. I folow my heart wherever it leads, I am a werejohncandy and I am free to go wherever I pelase. I can do anything I want to do. I edo not need people like you to order me around, i'm a free spirit, I do what I want. You may be the owner of this website but you DO NOT own me. You can't take me, i'm free. You can't tame me, i'm a wild werejohncandy and one badass mammajamma...aowwwww!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are deleted now, along with the other 15 or so comments he's made tonight.

Ant

Written By: ThaConqueror on 10/08/08 at 5:13 am

Whoah - few peas short of a casserole, much?

Written By: McKludge on 10/08/08 at 8:01 am

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/Foghorn_Leghorn.png

I say I say that boy ain't right.

Written By: wildcard on 10/08/08 at 10:12 am

I'm not supprised. 

Written By: Step-chan on 10/08/08 at 6:20 pm

Man... That's quite abit of comments over a ban... But from seeing his other stuff on this thread, I'm agree with wildcard.

Written By: EthanM on 10/09/08 at 9:40 am

He had to go, but is kinda depressingly quiet at amiright now

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/31/08 at 1:43 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/falco19.shtml

Dr. Music back? He wrote a novel commenting to the Anonymous Informant that has already been removed, but I wonder if he is responsible for this one, too.

Written By: EthanM on 12/31/08 at 5:33 pm

I don't think that he ever totally left

Written By: Red Ant on 12/31/08 at 9:21 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/styx49.shtml is DRM: please delete it

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/falco19.shtml

Dr. Music back? He wrote a novel commenting to the Anonymous Informant that has already been removed, but I wonder if he is responsible for this one, too.

That's him also. Circular file bin #6, please.

signature banned as well

Written By: Dr Music on 06/18/11 at 4:35 am

I'm sorry for everything and I really mean in this time,   please un-ban me.

Written By: Nathan on 07/30/11 at 3:58 am

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/Foghorn_Leghorn.png

I say I say that boy ain't right.

So what?  A lot of us have weird fascinations and obsessions.

Check for new replies or respond here...