inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AmIRight All Stars

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/13/08 at 2:59 pm

Ok guys, as most of you know I have been involved in some collaborations involving AmIRight parodists and starting little Soundclick Accounts for each individual person.  After seeing that most of those accounts never make much headway because I can't produce collaborations at the same rate I do my own stuff that I'd head off a new idea that would combine my collaborative efforts.

The new project is called "AmIRight All Stars" and will involve any collaboration that I do as well as any others that want to be posted there (the qualifications are simple, if you'd rather have your song posted to this account and it involves 2 or more AmIRight parodists/recording artists it qualifies) 

For the future all collaborations I do will be posted here, though those which already exist will be left where they are unless the writers of the parodies would like their song moved into this project (for the record, anyone who does will likely increase their hits/downloads by doing so) Each song I post will use the description and tags to mention the Writer(s)/Performer(s) so no one will be falsely credited or not credited and will be included in my networking over at badave to increase probability of air time and free promotion.  Like I said if you do a collaboration with someone else and you'd like your parody to be posted to this account I'm creating, feel free to send it to me and I'll gladly add it, I do not have to be part of mp3's posted to this account.

I'm starting with the AmIRight Idol winners (Wolverine's Rock Band is posting tomorrow) and then will start moving over those who are currently on their own page who want to be on the All Stars list instead (Red Ant, Kristof, Jeff & Matthias-your own work can't be added to these, but the ones I did for you can, PM me if interested. . .Lionel Mertens, TCOP, Rex, Agrimorfee, Ethan, and anyone else I've recorded for all you have to do is let me know and I'll move it from the whole joint accounts thing to the All Stars groups.)

Those who add their name to my 'approved list' by replying to this thread will automatically be eligible for recordings from me that can be done randomly at any time.  I will say this, I am going to be trying to post a parody at least every two weeks (the rate at which The FUMP generally gets new songs posted) to keep the account fresh, so those involved are far more likely to get a new recording done by me in the near future.  Because of the change in policy of how I handle recordings, I am assuming no one has approved my use of their lyrics at this point, please respond to let me know if you'd like to be included.  If demand is low, I may contact people about individual songs--but I hope I don't have to do that--I'd rather record for people who want their stuff recorded.  If you don't want to post anything here, feel free to PM me instead, anyone involved may pull out at anytime without notice or reason.

By default, I am signing this account up as a 'free' account, which means that the quality will be limited to 128 kbps and the design won't be as neat as mine (see http://www.soundclick.com/belowaveragedave ) BUT if donations at http://www.badave.com/donate.php start averaging at least $11 a month, I will change the account to a 'paid' account and post songs in 320 kbps as well as design it to look more color coordinated with the actual AmIRight website. 

http://www.soundclick.com/AmIRightAllStars

Subject: Re: AmIRight All Stars

Written By: Rex on 08/13/08 at 3:13 pm

Didn't have enough to do already, eh Dave?  ;)

Count me in.

Rex

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/13/08 at 11:54 pm

Thanks Rex, added, and Wolverine's Rock Band has been completed too:)

August 13, 2008 Stats

Ranking Song: Rock Band (Wolverine) ranked 147th in comedy & 28th in Parody

Written By: jreuben on 08/14/08 at 9:00 am

I think it's a great idea, especially with the number of different artists you work with.  I'm up for it (Pee Pee In A Bottle probably belongs here).

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/14/08 at 10:05 am

Excellent, I'll let you know when I have it posted prominently on the new account.  I may wait until AmIRight Idol is complete so that I can make sure I get them all in, but if The FUMP gets ahead, I may transfer "Wake Me Up" and "Pee Pee in a Bottle" early.

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/14/08 at 11:06 am

You have my permission to record any of my works...but please let me know before the release online. Thanks!

(I'm not sure I understand the logistics behind your initial post...but if it just means you'll possibly record more, so be it...)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/14/08 at 11:44 am

You have my permission to record any of my works...but please let me know before the release online. Thanks!

(I'm not sure I understand the logistics behind your initial post...but if it just means you'll possibly record more, so be it...)

You've got it.

Written By: Matthias on 08/15/08 at 2:41 pm

I too don't understand why we must once again tell you that we want recordings by you done of our lyrics since we already told you that we did, and I don't think our opinions changed that much over time... Except that some people that you originally recorded for are no longer regulars at Amiright.

That being said... You already know what I think, and I look forward to seeing "Great Scam Artist" recorded.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/15/08 at 5:16 pm

I too don't understand why we must once again tell you that we want recordings by you done of our lyrics since we already told you that we did, and I don't think our opinions changed that much over time... Except that some people that you originally recorded for are no longer regulars at Amiright.

That being said... You already know what I think, and I look forward to seeing "Great Scam Artist" recorded.

Matty, the reason I'm asking is because I'm no longer going to be posting them to individual accounts, that's why I wanted to make sure it was ok, I'm posting it to the AmIRight All Star account instead when I do collaborations, that way individual accounts don't have to be created each time I do a recording for another artist, more importantly--I figured by posting here no one would get confused as to why I am doing this. 

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/17/08 at 6:53 am

Lionel Mertens, TCOP, Rex, Agrimorfee, Ethan, and anyone else I've recorded for all you have to do is let me know and I'll move it from the whole joint accounts thing to the All Stars groups.)

Sure, go ahead. And feel free to record anything else of mine, just warn me beforehand. Also, I'd prefer it if you record any parody after and including 'Someone, Could You Spare A Dime?', cuz that's when I started actually being good (in my opinion, that is).

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/17/08 at 3:50 pm

Sure, go ahead. And feel free to record anything else of mine, just warn me beforehand. Also, I'd prefer it if you record any parody after and including 'Someone, Could You Spare A Dime?', cuz that's when I started actually being good (in my opinion, that is).

No problem buddy ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...