inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Album covers for parodies?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/26/08 at 11:42 am

I was thinking of something that maybe would allow people to upload parody covers for their parodies, or at the very least pick an album cover for the song from amazon. 

any interest?

Subject: Re: Album covers for parodies?

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/26/08 at 12:28 pm

I've kind of envisioned an album cover for one of my works in the past. I really wouldn't want to use the original cover artwork at all (even if it would potentially garner another link to amazon for your benefit! ;)) The easiest for me would be to Google an image, but i can make a photo or a crude "paintbox" artwork on Windows.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/26/08 at 1:51 pm

I've kind of envisioned an album cover for one of my works in the past. I really wouldn't want to use the original cover artwork at all (even if it would potentially garner another link to amazon for your benefit! ;)) The easiest for me would be to Google an image, but i can make a photo or a crude "paintbox" artwork on Windows.

well, I already have the amazon links on the page on the right hand of the page. not many people click on them, so not really looking to increase those.

I'm thinking more for the front page of the site or in the indexes.  Very small images of course.  Maybe album covers aren't a correct idea.  Maybe author icons instead?

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/26/08 at 2:12 pm

Author icons are a neat idea (you mean like avatars on a message board?). That the practice might get abused by certain weirdo inviduals would be my only fear--approval of images would have to be undertaken by the eds.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/26/08 at 6:24 pm

Author icons are a neat idea (you mean like avatars on a message board?). That the practice might get abused by certain weirdo inviduals would be my only fear--approval of images would have to be undertaken by the eds.

yeah... I probably wouldn't bother with pre-approval... just react if someone is being abusive

Check for new replies or respond here...