inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Weird AL! Parody of T.I--Link to Youtube audio

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/10/08 at 10:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRVi0paZlfI

Enjoy!

Subject: Re: New Weird AL! Parody of T.I--Link to Youtube audio

Written By: EthanM on 10/10/08 at 10:59 am

I'm glad I finally listened...this is definitely among the best he's ever done.

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/10/08 at 11:11 am

It requires quite a few listens, it's so lyrically dense!  :D

Naturally, this is another current OS that I NEVER heard before, so I'm going to have to seek out TI's video as well.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQJACVmankY (here' s the original...Oh man, I just watched a few seconds now, but Al HAS to do this vid...)

Written By: EthanM on 10/10/08 at 11:24 am

I'm somewqhat familiar with the original, and as far as I can tell Al's version sounds exactly like it musically and structurally. I think I got everything on the first listen but I may find out otherwise when I listen again. Al's version sets a virtually untouchable standard for "whatever you like", but I listed to TI's newest song this morning what shot to #1 on billboard yesterday and I may take a shot at it if I get a decent idea. Any song sampling the numa numa song should not be left unparodied.

Written By: Matthias on 10/11/08 at 2:19 pm

I love twists on the original song, that's why I like this just as much as I like as much as his parody of "Trapped In The Closet".

Written By: ThaConqueror on 10/11/08 at 10:17 pm

I love twists on the original song, that's why I like this just as much as I like as much as his parody of "Trapped In The Closet".

Goes ditto for me. This new parody kicks ass, a video would be even more awesome. 'Tis why it's now my Myspace song. Lookin' forward to more by Al (specially the polka).

Written By: Step-chan on 10/13/08 at 8:07 pm

Nice and mellow. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...