inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If you're on this list, your name will appear on the 2008 Parody Authors shirt

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/23/08 at 9:25 am

Going to do t-shirts/mouse pads/notebooks/etc this year.  Instead of a monster undertaking like the one I did in 2005 of all the current authors, from here on in, we'll just be doing the authors from the current year.  Parodies submitted from January 2008 to the end of November 2008 count towards whether you will be included in the merchandise.

amIright Class of 2008

Last time I did something where the size of the name was proportional to how many parodies you had submitted. Not positive I will do that again.  Submission count might mean that I do placement instead of size this time.

The designs will be available the first week of December.

Subject: Re: If you're on this list, you're name will appear on the 2008 Parody Authors shirt

Written By: Jason on 10/23/08 at 10:21 am

Lol, cool list! Not sure about the inclusion of Jay Jianoran or Linda Terhune though!

At least that imbecile "Dr Music" is not there!

Subject: Re: If you're on this list, you're name will appear on the 2008 Parody Authors shirt

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/23/08 at 11:06 am

Lol, cool list! Not sure about the inclusion of Jay Jianoran or Linda Terhune though!

Yeah, they aren't exactly proud representations of our little community.  :-X

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/23/08 at 12:36 pm

Linda was banned... I guess she should be excluded from it.  Doubt she'd want to be included anyways.

Written By: karen on 10/23/08 at 2:28 pm

Noticed that Poli-tick-ally incorrect and Poli-tick-ally Incorrect are on the list.  Is this the same person?

Written By: wildcard on 10/24/08 at 1:52 pm

My mom keeps telling me I need new shirts. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/24/08 at 7:21 pm

Noticed that Poli-tick-ally incorrect and Poli-tick-ally Incorrect are on the list.  Is this the same person?

yeah.. probably a problem with the script paying attention to letter case.  I'll have to investigate that.

Subject: If you're on this list, YOUR name will appear on the 2008 Parody Authors shirt

Written By: guest on 10/25/08 at 9:38 pm

Chuck, I think you might wanna take a look at the title of this thread. The second "you're" should be "your."

The way you have it right now, it says "...you are name will appear...", which doesn't make cents...er, sense.

Subject: Re: If you're on this list, YOUR name will appear on the 2008 Parody Authors shirt

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/25/08 at 10:38 pm

Chuck, I think you might wanna take a look at the title of this thread. The second "you're" should be "your."

The way you have it right now, it says "...you are name will appear...", which doesn't make cents...er, sense.

ya ok... I wish in a rush when I posted it

Subject: Re: If you're on this list, your name will appear on the 2008 Parody Authors shirt

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 10/27/08 at 7:49 pm

So the names on these products is restricted only to those who submitted parodies this year? Well, that kinda sucks, considering I haven't done any new ones in a long while. I've submitted 3 this year, and 3 recordings. I had 18 in 2007, doesn't that count??

Subject: Re: If you're on this list, your name will appear on the 2008 Parody Authors shirt

Written By: karen on 10/27/08 at 7:54 pm

So the names on these products is restricted only to those who submitted parodies this year? Well, that kinda sucks, considering I haven't done any new ones in a long while. I've submitted 3 this year, and 3 recordings. I had 18 in 2007, doesn't that count??

were you on the 2005 shirt?

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 10/27/08 at 11:57 pm

were you on the 2005 shirt?

yes I was

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/28/08 at 6:27 am

I did an "every author" shirt a couple years ago... now there's twice as many names, it's too much to fit on a shirt.  That's why I figured I'd do a "class of 08" type thing.  Most of the authors who aren't listed haven't been around in ages, so why bother listing them. 

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 10/29/08 at 6:53 pm

I did an "every author" shirt a couple years ago... now there's twice as many names, it's too much to fit on a shirt.  That's why I figured I'd do a "class of 08" type thing.  Most of the authors who aren't listed haven't been around in ages, so why bother listing them. 

I realize that I havent submitted any new parodies in a while. I have had been busy with alot of other things and I was planning to submit some new ones soon. It's only been since April since my last entry, and May since my last recording. I'm definitely not out of the AmIright loop.
Maybe having a minimum of ten is too high? It's your call, Chucky. i just feel left out of this, after 115 parodies and more to come.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/29/08 at 10:19 pm

I realize that I havent submitted any new parodies in a while. I have had been busy with alot of other things and I was planning to submit some new ones soon. It's only been since April since my last entry, and May since my last recording. I'm definitely not out of the AmIright loop.
Maybe having a minimum of ten is too high? It's your call, Chucky. i just feel left out of this, after 115 parodies and more to come.

sorry, I have to draw the line somewhere...  10 shouldn't be that high, it's less than one a month.

Written By: Dylan Baranski on 11/03/08 at 9:15 pm

I made a comeback recently. Can I be on the shirt?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/06/09 at 1:40 pm

here's a first attempt.... probably not going to use this one.  I also forgot to leave room for the site name/logo

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/06/09 at 1:50 pm

here's a first attempt.... probably not going to use this one.  I also forgot to leave room for the site name/logo

Awesome, can't wait to see the final product--definitely needs your logo though--that way when I wear it I can promote you

Written By: wildcard on 01/06/09 at 3:43 pm

8) Needs the logo though.

Written By: adagio on 02/14/09 at 12:07 pm

I'm just taking a break and plan to be back . ;)

Subject: Re: If you're on this list, your name will appear on the 2008 Parody Authors shi

Written By: Wolveroses on 04/18/09 at 5:51 pm

nice yeah I been gone for a long time:(  anyways, am plan on making a come back:)

hey are those mousepads still available?

Subject: Re: If you're on this list, your name will appear on the 2008 Parody Authors shi

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/19/09 at 4:43 pm

nice yeah I been gone for a long time:(  anyways, am plan on making a come back:)

hey are those mousepads still available?

yes they are... and no I haven't forgotten about the 2008 shirts, just not sure when I will get them done at this rate

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/22/09 at 5:32 am

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/year-2009.html

Just think it's important for people to keep an eye on this years growing list as well :)

Written By: WeirdAbbott on 06/08/09 at 6:37 pm

Wow, I wrote 25 parodies last year and 12 so far this year? I had no idea ;D
I didn't know there where shirts for top parody artists...I might have to get one!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/30/09 at 6:58 pm

This is DJ Blaze, and I've written a somewhat whopping 46 parodies so far... might wanna consider putting me on the shirt. If not, I might threaten with a quick Falcon Punch... just kidding!

Written By: Nathan on 06/16/11 at 12:30 am

You know i would loved to be on a t shirt.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 06/16/11 at 10:01 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/year-2009.html

Just think it's important for people to keep an eye on this years growing list as well :)

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/year-2010.html

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/year-2011.html

I don't think a shirt was ever actually made, but its still an interesting chart . . .here's 2010 and 2011 links

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/17/11 at 1:26 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/year-2010.html

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/year-2011.html

I don't think a shirt was ever actually made, but its still an interesting chart . . .here's 2010 and 2011 links

I designed one, but hated the design and never got around to making another.  I should probably just make them the same way as the first one with the different names.  Not sure if anyone really wants one or not.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 06/17/11 at 6:40 pm

I designed one, but hated the design and never got around to making another.  I should probably just make them the same way as the first one with the different names.  Not sure if anyone really wants one or not.

I don't know, I'd probably buy one on a year where my name was a big name (like 09 or 10, and perhaps 11) but I am just happy with the chart.  I don't want to encourage the shirt unless it has enough appeal to warrant your efforts. . .especially for the past years since some of the big names are gone from then, but then anyone who wants to collect may want a shirt from 10, 09, 08, 07 etc. . .

Check for new replies or respond here...