inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Robert Lund Stars in Our First Bona Fide Music Video!

Written By: Spaff.com on 11/01/08 at 4:11 pm

A number of lovely people have made videos of Robert Lund songs (see them on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/SPAFFdotCOM), but this is different: Robert and I teamed up with a bona fide filmmaker (Kyle Mallory of Mallory Multimedia) and made a bona fide film. It really is the real thing: shot by a real director using real equipment with a real crew in a real studio with real lighting and a real cast. Really.

Just as the song "I'm Everything" is a parody of Michael Bublé's "Everything," our video a parody of that song's video. But there's no need to be familiar with the "Everything" video - or the song "Everything" - or even Michael Bublé - to enjoy this. So go enjoy it, dammit! Links to the video (YouTube and Vimeo versions) and a free MP3 download of the song are here:
http://www.spaff.com/poesy/everything.html

In other news, for those who remember the song "Shakespearean Pie" (which I consider the best thing I ever wrote for Amiright), I've just discovered it's teetering right on the brink of making Dr. Demento's Funny 25 of 2008. A few requests oughtta be enough to knock it in. So, if you would be so kind, please take a few seconds to request it:
http://www.drdemento.com/request/
For the Radio Station field, if you don't get the Dr. Demento Show in your area, you can simply put "Web" or "Online." I'd be much obliged. Even more obliged than I already am.

xoxox
Spaff

Subject: Re: Robert Lund Stars in Our First Bona Fide Music Video!

Written By: John Jenkins on 11/02/08 at 1:00 pm

In other news, for those who remember the song "Shakespearean Pie" (which I consider the best thing I ever wrote for Amiright), I've just discovered it's teetering right on the brink of making Dr. Demento's Funny 25 of 2008. A few requests oughtta be enough to knock it in. So, if you would be so kind, please take a few seconds to request it:

Request submitted (I thought "I Swear This Is the Last Time I'll Go Boating with Odysseus" was slightly better than "Shakespearean Pie" because of the tri-syllabic rhyming; but, in any case, those two parodies are probably the two best on AmIRight).

Written By: Spaff.com on 11/03/08 at 10:46 pm

Thanx, Johnkins. Very cool of you.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/04/08 at 7:56 am

Very good video! Hope to see more...

Written By: Rex on 11/04/08 at 8:33 am

Request submitted, video watched (excellent -- more, more!).  It must feel great to know that your bona is fide.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 11/04/08 at 8:20 pm

you've gone from brilliant parodies to brilliant movie clips Spaff - next it will be President of The United Sates Of America - if a black man can, a Mormon can

the fantastic production values in the clip make me as jealous as hell, which is hard when you're as handsome as I am

Written By: Spaff.com on 11/05/08 at 10:59 pm

Thank you, Aggro! Me too.
Thank you, Rex! From me and my bona.
Thank you, McDreamy!

I have another filmmaker friend who said he was going to make a music video of "I Peed in the Pool," but he kept running into delays and now it's the dead of freaking winter. Ah, well. Maybe next year.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 11/05/08 at 11:11 pm

Dangit, will have to wait to get home as university computers aint got no speakers.

Spaff 2012!

Written By: tmayfield on 11/15/08 at 5:33 pm

The video actually was a needed aspect to the parody for me. "I'm Everything" was just missing something. It was missing like maybe an extra topping of pepperoni or something but they threw on the whole topping selection along with a few quarts of ice cream, some chicken wings and breadsticks to go. Now I'm stuffed!!  ;D

I was stoked when I saw there was a video, but now I keep sending the link to people who don't even like parodies. I will soon be blacklisted from everyone's email lists, but I think it is fantastic.

Written By: jreuben on 11/16/08 at 10:26 pm

Excellent.  Glad I caught this thread!

Written By: Spaff.com on 12/01/08 at 9:19 pm

Luke: Get a new university.
Tim: How very cool of you. If you end up in court for spamming, I'll speak in your defense.
Jeff: Glad you did too.

Thanks, all!
xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Jack Wilson on 12/05/08 at 8:35 pm

Saw this a while ago,awesome!!

Ah, an i Peed in the Pool vid woulda been awesome

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/12/09 at 11:09 pm

Ah, an i Peed in the Pool vid woulda been awesome

Maybe summer 2009. Who knows.

Saw this a while ago,awesome!!

Thanks for the comment, Jackie. And for giving me an excuse to bump this.

xoxox
Spaff

Check for new replies or respond here...