inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pushing Daisies rock opera/album parody... need album suggestions

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 11/21/08 at 7:13 pm

I am planning on spreading the word in the form of some parodies, I have a few Beatles and Night Ranger (did you see the "Bad Habits" episode?) parodies in mind, and I just might do a whole rock opera/album parody much like Nickelodeon Idiot (Hard to believe that was 2 years ago :o)... but I need some album suggestions, maybe something that already has a linear storyline, or already is a rock opera. It would give me parodies to write, and I'd also be promoting the show at the same time. Saving PD has kept me from writing parodies for far too long.

This is where you come in. I have ideas for my rock opera, but I don't know what album to use as the backdrop. I'm looking for albums that already are rock operas and have linear storylines. Also, if the album is rock and considered to be a classic like Tommy, Quadrophenia, The Wall, or American Idiot, all the better. I want to parody a really great, really exciting album; I don't want to do a Pushing Daisies rock opera using a bland hip-hop album or something. I also am not sure about spoofing The Black Parade or something like that.

Anyway, if anybody can recommend an album for me to use for this rock opera, please do so. Thank you in advance! :)

Subject: Re: Pushing Daisies rock opera/album parody... need album suggestions

Written By: jreuben on 11/24/08 at 1:15 pm

Queensryche -- Rage for Order or Operation Mindcrime.

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/01/08 at 9:23 am

'I Robot' Alan Parsons Project (problem being that 4 out the 10 songs--including the title track--are instrumentals)

'Haunted' Poe (maybe extremely difficult, but the overall themes of death and loss are extremely fitting)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 12/01/08 at 4:54 pm

Queensryche -- Rage for Order

Thanks for the suggestions, Jeff and Aggie (sp?)! I have decided to go with Rage of for Order because:

All the songs are available on YouTube
I have come up with some good title subs
I have come up with some parody lyric ideas

Get ready for Rage of Daisies! It's gonna be huge!  >:( :D

Check for new replies or respond here...