inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is it too late to write Halloween parodies?/NEW IDEAS!!!

Written By: Jack Wilson on 11/26/08 at 6:59 pm

Ok, yes it is, but I still have the ideas, and a few Christmas parody ideas and here's a few others

"Im the One that Screwed Your Love Tonight" to "Your Love"

A parody of Cant Fight This Feeling

"Here Comes the Gossiper" to "Here Comes the Hotstepper"

"Frank on Beans" to "Pork and Beans"

and some more Ill eventually think of.

Subject: Re: Is it too late to write Halloween parodies?/NEW IDEAS!!!

Written By: EthanM on 11/26/08 at 7:04 pm

It's never too late to write a parody for a certain holiday. Some times of year are better for submitting them than others but there's no good reason not to write a halloween parody when you get the idea and keep it on your computer until autumn.

Written By: philbo on 11/27/08 at 6:25 am

ISTR submitting a Christmas parody on 25 June (using the Tom Lehrer quote "I am told by my disc jockey friends, of whom I have none, that to get a song to top the charts at Christmas, you need to start plugging it early")

If anyone posts a negative comment about it being a bit late for Halloween, say it's early for Halloween... 2020

Written By: DoRitos on 11/28/08 at 7:57 am

Are we still even allowed to say Christmas anymore in the US?  Do any of out international writers find the word Christmas under escalating attack and becoming politically incorrect in their nations?  They get worse every year with this nonesense.  I was in a Whattaburger for lunch on Wednesday.  The Whattaburger staff were already saying Happy Holidays.  Hey it was the day before the American holiday Thanksgiving.  I guess Happy Thanksgiving is next on the chopping block here in the US.  I greeted them back with a cheery "Happy Thanksgiving" - take me to jail, I don't care.

Written By: EthanM on 11/28/08 at 8:45 am

Thanksgiving is part of Christmas apparently these days so instead of saying happy thanksgiving and christmas they just said happy holidays and there is a chance that they may have acknowledged that some people celebrate different holidays.

I don't celebrate Christmas and never have, but when people that don't know me wish me a merry christmas it doesn't really bother me. It's a lot more irritating when people whine about their religion being oppressed because its not allowed to oppress other religions as much as before. 

Written By: philbo on 11/28/08 at 10:10 am

Every so often the Mail runs a story about how some school's Christmas has been ruined by the politically-correct mob.  The worrying thing is that their readers believe the stories.

Written By: McKludge on 11/28/08 at 3:42 pm

Are we still even allowed to say Christmas anymore in the US?  Do any of out international writers find the word Christmas under escalating attack and becoming politically incorrect in their nations?  They get worse every year with this nonesense.  I was in a Whattaburger for lunch on Wednesday.  The Whattaburger staff were already saying Happy Holidays.  Hey it was the day before the American holiday Thanksgiving.  I guess Happy Thanksgiving is next on the chopping block here in the US.  I greeted them back with a cheery "Happy Thanksgiving" - take me to jail, I don't care.

Easy there, Guy.  While I admit there are those who are so afraid of offending they avoid anything remotely relating to a particular religion, There is no War on Christmas.  No one is stopping you from saying Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah (Hanukkah? Chanukah?), Excellent Easter, Pleasant Passover, Yippee! Yom Kippur, or whatever you choose.  It is simply because there are several holidays between Nov 20 and Jan 10 (Christian - Christmas; Jewish - Hanukah; Muslim - Hajj and Eid-Ul-Adha; New Years), that a Happy Holidays covers them all.

Although I recommend checking out Stephen Colbert's Christmas Special on Comedy Central so you can enjoy Toby Keith's War on Christmas song.  Frankly, watch the whole thing, it's hysterical.  Or watch any of the Futurama X-Mas episodes.

Check for new replies or respond here...