inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My first parody video online

Written By: EthanM on 12/07/08 at 9:31 am

It's about as low budget as possible and I have to look at the lyrics once in a while because I hadn't expected to be recorded that day, but it is a video of me singing something I wrote for a company and the company paid me for it. I think that's note worthy. The video's over at myjambi.blogspot.com

Subject: Re: My first parody video online

Written By: Guest on 12/27/08 at 10:55 pm

No comment on the parody content, but the vocal content is abysmal. You are completely tone deaf, and should not post anything else with your singing.

Written By: EthanM on 12/27/08 at 11:28 pm

That's what I expected an anonymous comment would be...if you could do better you could get $50 perhaps.  I didn't really like the sound of it when I heard it either. Stevie's pretty much inimitable, but I did the best I could with what I wrote and got PAID for writing with no supervised rehearsing or backing track or second take. And what have you done that entitles you to come here and insult me anonymously?

Written By: jreuben on 12/28/08 at 10:00 am

That's what I expected an anonymous comment would be...if you could do better you could get $50 perhaps.  I didn't really like the sound of it when I heard it either. Stevie's pretty much inimitable, but I did the best I could with what I wrote and got PAID for writing with no supervised rehearsing or backing track or second take. And what have you done that entitles you to come here and insult me anonymously?

I actually enjoyed watching this  :)  Aside from you getting paid, it just seemed like everyone was having fun with it.  You weren't taking yourself too seriously, and that added to the fun :)

Check for new replies or respond here...