inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MarsCon March 6-8

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/12/09 at 11:06 pm

There was a thread here a while back (maybe just one I hijacked) where someone (I?) mentioned that MarsCon would be a good place for an Amiright (re)union, since it's already attracting a lot of funny music fans and performers. Anyway, let me just toss that idea out there again.

MarsCon is March 6-8 in Bloomington, MN (Minneapolis/St Paul area). Here are the comedy musicians who have committed to perform thus far:

POSSIBLE OSCAR
POSITIVE ATTITUDE
WORM QUARTET
THE GOTHSICLES
THE GREAT LUKE SKI
DEVO SPICE (The artist formerly known as Sudden Death)
MC LARS
WALLY PLEASANT
CARRIE DAHLBY
POWER SALAD
ROB BALDER

I'm going to try to be there too (as a fan, not a performer, though hopefully I can coerce a couple of these people into singing something I wrote). Anyway, it would be cool to meet any of y'all who can make it.

More info here:
http://www.marscon.org/2009/index.php

xoxox
Spaff

Subject: Re: MarsCon March 6-8

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/13/09 at 12:10 am

There was a thread here a while back (maybe just one I hijacked) where someone (I?) mentioned that MarsCon would be a good place for an Amiright (re)union, since it's already attracting a lot of funny music fans and performers. Anyway, let me just toss that idea out there again.

MarsCon is March 6-8 in Bloomington, MN (Minneapolis/St Paul area). Here are the comedy musicians who have committed to perform thus far:

POSSIBLE OSCAR
POSITIVE ATTITUDE
WORM QUARTET
THE GOTHSICLES
THE GREAT LUKE SKI
MC LARS
WALLY PLEASANT
CARRIE DAHLBY
POWER SALAD
ROB BALDER

I'm going to try to be there too (as a fan, not a performer, though hopefully I can coerce a couple of these people into singing something I wrote). Anyway, it would be cool to meet any of y'all who can make it.

More info here:

xoxox
Spaff

Really wish I could, I can't see swining it though with all the recent changes in my life, but keep us up to date--in the future I'd love to meet THE Spaff.com

Written By: EthanM on 01/13/09 at 7:35 pm

If someone can and does pay for my plane ticket and hotel then i might be able to do it, so I guess that means I'm definitely not going to make it there this year.

Written By: jreuben on 01/14/09 at 9:15 am

Rats...unfortunately I have a wedding (not mine) the Saturday night in the middle of that weekend, so I won't be able to make it.  Sounds like fun though.  Maybe in 2010.

Written By: wildcard on 01/14/09 at 10:43 am

No  A little far for me and I still can't really hear right. 

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/14/09 at 11:25 am

Rats...unfortunately I have a wedding (not mine) the Saturday night in the middle of that weekend, so I won't be able to make it.  Sounds like fun though.  Maybe in 2010.

They're getting hitched, I won't sweat it
Hope that it is not me next. . .(sorry Katy Perry bug--it's been going around)

Written By: philbo on 01/19/09 at 4:53 am

If someone can and does pay for my plane ticket and hotel then i might be able to do it, so I guess that means I'm definitely not going to make it there this year.

WHS

Written By: EthanM on 01/19/09 at 4:07 pm

WHS

Windows home server?

Written By: philbo on 01/20/09 at 6:49 am

Windows home server?

What He Said... (nothing to do with my daughter's educational establishment, either - she's at Wycombe High School)

Written By: deeranged on 02/21/09 at 8:23 pm

POSSIBLE OSCAR
POSITIVE ATTITUDE
WORM QUARTET
THE GOTHSICLES
THE GREAT LUKE SKI
MC LARS
WALLY PLEASANT
CARRIE DAHLBY
POWER SALAD
ROB BALDER

More info here:

xoxox
Spaff

I am making tentative plans to attend, which will only be possible if:
1) I can convince the members of my high school band, "The Rubber Buttermilk" (I kid you not) to attend, and
2) I can spring them all from prison in time

See ya next year, in other words :-)

Check for new replies or respond here...