inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rick Cormier Live on YouTube

Written By: Rick Cormier on 04/08/09 at 6:33 am

Most of you probably don't know me but, I used to be a parody author on Amiright, back in the days when the mighty Spaff was winning PAOTY (that's Parody Author Of The Year, not a misspelling of payote).

I don't write a lot of parodies these days, since I'm focusing more on standup comedy but, I still perform them, if I'm hosting a comedy show. I do them karaoke style, having pre-recorded all but the lead vocal onto an iPod. Combining standup and parody adds some variety to the show.

The comic who is onstage just before the headliner is responsible for warming up the audience for the headliner. In the video linked here, that was the case a couple of weeks ago, I was warming up the crowd with parodies.

For me, performing a parody live brings the parody full circle. It's one thing to write one, another to record it but, hearing the crowd laughing in all of the right places and, their applause at the end, is why I do this.

Yes, I could have filmed it better. Yes, I could have sung it better but, the response of the crowd is what makes this special to me.

Who says nobody cares about parodies?

Please take a look, it'll take less than 2 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11OVxHwX2v0&feature=channel_page

Enjoy,

Rick C

Subject: Re: Rick Cormier Live on YouTube

Written By: Leo Keough on 04/08/09 at 9:55 am

First of all - Great job on this video!!!

You don't know me either, because I just started posting to Amiright in November of 2008.  The first song I posted was to WhatFreaks rather than Amiright, since I thought it was too sexually-oriented to be accepted by Amiright.  The title was "(Let Me See Your) Titties Bare" to Elvis's "(Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear".  Before I posted it, I did a search on WhatFreaks and didn't see where anyone else had done it before.  It didn't occur to me to do a similar search on Amiright, because I just assumed at the time they would never have accepted a parody with "titties" in the title.  But I was wrong.

Anyway, as my way of saying I'm sorry, you're welcome to check out my version on WhatFreaks and, if you're so inclined, incorporate anything you want from my version into yours.  Should you choose to do so, all I ask is that you just send me a message to that effect.

Leo Keough

Written By: Rick Cormier on 04/08/09 at 10:46 am

Leo, I went and read your parody on Whatfreaks. I gave you 3 fives and, left a comment. The titles are the same but, the parodies are not. Thanks for giving the video a look and your comments above.

Rick

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 04/10/09 at 9:11 am

Ha! Loved it Rick - gee you've got a good voice, and the cool moves as well

especially loved "give them twins some air" - LOL ;D

Written By: Rick Cormier on 04/10/09 at 10:52 am

Ha! Loved it Rick - gee you've got a good voice, and the cool moves as well

especially loved "give them twins some air" - LOL ;D

Thanks, Stu :-)

I've missed you my friend. Maybe you and I should collaborate on something else, eh?

Written By: Rex on 04/10/09 at 12:17 pm

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Great work Rick! 

Written By: Rick Cormier on 04/11/09 at 5:34 am

Thank you Rex :)

Written By: jreuben on 04/16/09 at 10:15 am

Hi Rick,

Hope you're doing well!  Thanks for posting the video here, I enjoyed watching and listening to you perform (and was laughing throughout)

Written By: Rick Cormier on 04/17/09 at 4:41 am

Hi Jeff. Nice to hear from you. Thank you for watching and commenting :-)

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/17/11 at 7:23 pm

Ahem. 

"Yay Boobs!"

That is all.

Written By: wildcard on 07/27/11 at 10:14 pm

My cochlear implant tells me you did a barey good job Rick.

Check for new replies or respond here...