inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Step-chan's Select Series 2

Written By: Step-chan on 06/25/09 at 1:38 pm

Awhile back I did a Select parody series. Recently I thought: Why not do another one?

This time I'm upping the ante abit, which I will explain here in my second post.

Subject: Re: Step-chan's Select Series 2

Written By: Step-chan on 06/25/09 at 2:19 pm

Nirvana: Territorial Pissings / Scentless Apprentice / Paper Cuts / Aerozepplin

Alice In Chains: Rooster / Sickman / Sea Of Sorrow / It Ain't Like That

Foo Fighters: Floaty / Oh George / Hey Johnny Park! / Wind Up

The Breeders: Cannonball / Saints / Divine Hammer / Do You Love Me Now?

Freedy Johnston: Bad Reputation / Evie's Tears / Two Lover Stops / Gone Like The Water

Aerosmith: One Way Street / Woman Of The World / Adam's Apple/ Chip Away The Stone

The Smithereens: Cut Flowers / Blues Before And After / A Girl Like You / Yesterday Girl

The Vaselines: Slushy / Rory Rides Me Raw / Dum-Dum / Dying For It

Bruce Hornsby and the Range: The Way It Is / On The Western Skyline / Every Little Kiss / The Wild Frontier

Black Sabbath: The Wizard / Tommorrow's Dreams / Fairies Wear Boots / N.I.B.

Queensryche: Best I Can / The Thin Line / Silent Lucidity / Hand On Heart

Weird Al: Mr. Popiel / Polkamon / Truck Driving Song / I Remember Larry

L7: Pretend We're Dead / Everglade / Diet Pill / Mr. Integrity

The Beatles: Get Back / We Can Work It Out / She Loves You / Daytripper

Death Cab For Cutie: Crooked Teeth / I Will Follow You Into The Dark / Summer Skin / Stable Song

Killing Joke: Love Like Blood / Eighties / Tabazan / Europe

The Pretenders: Up The Neck / Stop Your Sobbing / Tattooed Love Boys/ Mystery Achievement

Patti Smith Group: Because The Night / Ghost Dance / Till Victory / Easter

This is how it works:

1. You pick one song from the list for me to parody. After the song is picked, no one else can choose a song from that band. That way each song chosen will be from a different band.

This time I will do the first 10 songs chosen.

2. You also have to pick a theme for me to do the parody of the song you chose.

The only rules I have are:  

2a. Make the theme fairly general, this will give me more flexibility. When I say "general" it just means the genre(like Food, TV, Farts, Math as examples).

2b. I will not do political parodies, we have others on Amiright doing these. ;)

2c. I won't do any sports parodies either.

I don't have a specific time limit, but I will try to do them as quick as possible, but carefully.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/17/09 at 8:35 pm

Bump up!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/03/09 at 5:46 pm

I'll bump it up.

I'm not in a hurry, though.(Just trying to keep a good eye on it)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/03/09 at 6:18 pm

Hey Step-Chan! I choose "Polkamon" by Weird Al, and my choice of subject is the arcade game Dance Dance Revolution. Good luck! P.S. Someone over at one of my threads said that you should be talking to me since we share interests.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/03/09 at 8:06 pm

That's one game I haven't played.... I'll look up abit about that so I can get a good idea for it.

So that makes:

1. Polkamon- Weird Al, Theme: Dance Dance Revolution.

That means that all but Weird Al is selectable now. I'll mark it out now. I'll also edit this post to show more of the selected. I'm guessing your also the gamer and anime type. I'll look up your other threads.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/03/09 at 8:47 pm

That's one game I haven't played.... I'll look up abit about that so I can get a good idea for it.

So that makes:

1. Polkamon- Weird Al, Theme: Dance Dance Revolution.

That means that all but Weird Al is selectable now. I'll mark it out now. I'll also edit this post to show more of the selected. I'm guessing your also the gamer and anime type. I'll look up your other threads.

Gamer and anime type? You bet! I'm currently addicted to Super Smash Bros. Melee on the Gamecube (it's a fighting game with Nintendo characters). As for anime, I'm currently awaiting the day when Naruto Shippuden will air on Cartoon Network in English. I heard the Shippuden theme song "Closer" by Inoue Joe a while back, and saw the OP video for it. Thanks for checking out my misheard lyrics thread.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/04/09 at 12:06 pm

No problem.

Now all I need is 9 more songs.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/05/09 at 8:17 pm

I tried typing in Step-Chan on a search on AmIRight, but didn't get anything? Do you use a different name on AmIRight? I'd love to see the parodies from your first select series.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/05/09 at 11:36 pm

I started at Amiright first before I registered here on inthe00s, I go by Stephen Harrington there. I couldn't use my real name here.(But others know both my names)

Edit: The funny is, I do have some parodies with my inthe00s username in the title.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/06/09 at 4:43 pm

I started at Amiright first before I registered here on inthe00s, I go by Stephen Harrington there. I couldn't use my real name here.(But others know both my names)

Edit: The funny is, I do have some parodies with my inthe00s username in the title.

Just read your parody "I'll Kill Charmles". Being a DQ8 fan, I immediately understood it. I'll leave a comment later. (And a 555) WOW, that's a lot of Nirvana parodies!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/07/09 at 12:49 pm

Just read your parody "I'll Kill Charmles". Being a DQ8 fan, I immediately understood it. I'll leave a comment later. (And a 555) WOW, that's a lot of Nirvana parodies!

Paroding Nirvana songs is what you could call my signature ability.(Although I've parodied others) I love alot of Kurt's original work.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/07/09 at 2:40 pm

Paroding Nirvana songs is what you could call my signature ability.(Although I've parodied others) I love alot of Kurt's original work.

That's cool. I have an uncanny ability to parody Japanese techno-rock group Iceman and British power metal band DragonForce, though I parody many other artists. BTW, congratulations on having a parody with over 1000 views! Wonder when your parodies will get over 9000 views... LOL! ("It's Over 9000!!!" is a very popular YouTube video taken from the anime Dragon Ball Z, but you probably already knew that.)

Written By: Step-chan on 08/09/09 at 5:55 pm

That's cool. I have an uncanny ability to parody Japanese techno-rock group Iceman and British power metal band DragonForce, though I parody many other artists. BTW, congratulations on having a parody with over 1000 views! Wonder when your parodies will get over 9000 views... LOL! ("It's Over 9000!!!" is a very popular YouTube video taken from the anime Dragon Ball Z, but you probably already knew that.)

I have a parody with over a 1000 views?

(I haven't really checked my section in awhile)

Anyway...

C'mon people! Don't be shy!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/09/09 at 6:00 pm

Yeah... I already knew about the Over 9000 meme. And the Cosby/Pokemon one, etc.

Edit: Do you go by DJ Blaze on Amiright?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/09/09 at 7:18 pm

Yeah... I already knew about the Over 9000 meme. And the Cosby/Pokemon one, etc.

Edit: Do you go by DJ Blaze on Amiright?

I do go by DJ Blaze on AmIRight. Been writing parodies for about 3 months now, with 48 parodies in total. Hope to reach 100 by the end of the year. And I think one of your songs that had over 1000 views was that one about h*ntai, though I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use that word on this site. Talk at you later. Until then, it's over nine-BEEEP-THOUSAAAAAAAAND!!!!!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/10/09 at 8:37 pm

That would be "Extreme parody of Hentai", a parody of Nirvana's If You Must.

I actually have two parodies with over a 1,000 views upon checking, the other being the one that lampoons Complicated(Which is my worse paced parody ever, goes to show that sometimes going by lyrics alone is a horrible idea). :D

Written By: Step-chan on 08/10/09 at 8:38 pm

Scratch that, I have three 1,000+ viewed parodies. Although, I think part of those views come from people googling different words, so it's not that big of a deal.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/10/09 at 9:00 pm

Scratch that, I have three 1,000+ viewed parodies. Although, I think part of those views come from people googling different words, so it's not that big of a deal.

Yeah, I've googled some words and got some of my parodies. The most views I've ever got was on my parody of Chicago's "You're The Inspiration", which my parody was about Obama, so that explains it. I wish more people would choose songs/topics for your Select Series soon. You're a great parodist, and I'd hate to see your Select Series delayed by lack of interest, which there is plenty of interest in my book. Keep on keepin' on.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/11/09 at 3:15 pm

I've done one select series before, although it was just for the first 5 songs. I guess it's because I haven't submitted anything for awhile.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/11/09 at 4:44 pm

I've done one select series before, although it was just for the first 5 songs. I guess it's because I haven't submitted anything for awhile.

Yeah, I'll occasionally go a week or two without submitting anything. But I am anticipating your Select Series... if I did my own select series, would you call that plagiarism?

Written By: Step-chan on 08/12/09 at 7:17 pm

No, it's not a plagarism thing. So you have nothing to worry about. That only only applies to copying parodies.

I definetly need to warm up and write some of the other ones I have planned though. I also have one stored in my PMs, but it's not a great one... I plan to submit it after I write something else to submit with it.

Maybe I should put this thread in PPP too. I might get more results.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/12/09 at 7:36 pm

No, it's not a plagarism thing. So you have nothing to worry about. That only only applies to copying parodies.

I definetly need to warm up and write some of the other ones I have planned though. I also have one stored in my PMs, but it's not a great one... I plan to submit it after I write something else to submit with it.

Maybe I should put this thread in PPP too. I might get more results.

Good luck with your select series. I'll start my own after I reach the 50 parody mark. I would feel really bad if my Select Series got LOTSA SPAGHETTI! Oops, I mean lots of posts if yours hasn't yet. I hoping for the best for you. And the lotsa spaghetti thing comes from another meme based on the CD-I game Hotel Mario. Speaking of memes, I checked out another one... I'M-A FIRING MAH LAZER!!!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/16/09 at 8:18 pm

I voted on some of your parodies(The ones I knew the OS to).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/17/09 at 3:00 pm

I voted on some of your parodies(The ones I knew the OS to).

Thanks! I left comments on yours, too. Great parodist you are!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/17/09 at 4:12 pm

You're good yourself.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/17/09 at 4:43 pm

You're good yourself.

Thanks! I've suddenly gotten a creative outburst, and I'm trying out some new parody ideas this week. I'll be trying out topics like nerdiness in general, and the one and only Mama Luigi.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/21/09 at 12:43 pm

Bump

Written By: Step-chan on 10/02/09 at 9:12 pm

A bump in case someone wants to add to it.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/24/09 at 1:14 pm

Due to the parody slowdown, I think I'll try this thread on Woodus as well.

Check for new replies or respond here...