inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Matthias Is Getting Married

Written By: Matthias on 07/06/09 at 10:19 pm

After a long 21 year existence Matthias Stove is finally getting married.
At the moment he is engaged to Ms. Krista Domin  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/1luvu.gif
Thanks to Bella Tipton and her prearranged wedding powers

A big "Thank You" must go out to Bella for setting this up and even bigger "Thank You" to Krista for falling for the one and only Stove

Jeff Reuben also has a big role in this ceremony because not only is he bringing the keg, but he and Below Average Dave are going to be the wedding singers for the special event

They are getting married on Halloween (All of the information is up in the air at the moment, but as soon as we plan everything out I shall let all of you know!)

It seriously brings a tear to your eye!  :\'(

Subject: Re: Matthias Is Getting Married

Written By: Step-chan on 07/06/09 at 10:32 pm

Congradulations!!

Written By: wildcard on 07/06/09 at 10:59 pm

Congradulations from me too.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/06/09 at 11:06 pm

:o

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 11:14 pm

Congratulations!  :)

Written By: EmiLoca on 07/06/09 at 11:58 pm

*checks calendar*  Nope, it's not April Fool's Day... hell, this guy must be serious.

Congratulations Matthias!  (Love the "at the moment", as if it could change at the drop of a hat - way to be optimistic?  ;))

Written By: Arwen on 07/07/09 at 10:15 am

Holy WOW!  Good job, Matty!

I want all the details about this girl who has stolen your heart!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/07/09 at 1:36 pm

Congrats!  :)

Written By: jreuben on 07/07/09 at 2:08 pm

So how did you pop the big question?  ;)

Written By: nally on 07/07/09 at 2:08 pm

That is wonderful news, Matthias. :) I am happy for ya.

Written By: Matthias on 07/07/09 at 2:21 pm

So how did you pop the big question?   ;)

Strange thing about that... I haven't yet  ;) (But still we're getting married!)

I'm planning on doing it at Universal Studios perhaps in line for The Hulk  ;D

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/07/09 at 2:30 pm

Strange thing about that... I haven't yet  ;) (But still we're getting married!)

Does she know you are seriously considering getting married in front of a big green roller coaster???  I'd discuss that with her. . .

Written By: jreuben on 07/07/09 at 4:03 pm

Does she know you are seriously considering getting married in front of a big green roller coaster???  I'd discuss that with her. . .

She actually refers to Matty as "The Big Green Roller Coaster" so it's kind of fitting  :)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/07/09 at 4:08 pm

She actually refers to Matty as "The Big Green Roller Coaster" so it's kind of fitting  :)

Well, I may have to start another fund raising skit or I may be having to perform from the parking lot:)

Written By: Matthias on 07/07/09 at 4:18 pm

Well, I may have to start another fund raising skit or I may be having to perform from the parking lot:)

No, The reception is still going to be at Denny's but the actual proposing will happen in line for The Hulk

And Jeff: "Shhhhh!!! That's our little secret, although it ain't too little"

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/07/09 at 4:22 pm

No, The reception is still going to be at Denny's but the actual proposing will happen in line for The Hulk

And Jeff: "Shhhhh!!! That's our little secret, although it ain't too little"

Denny's????  I'm singing at a Denny's?????  Uh--we need to talk about that one, I don't know that Denny's will Jeff bring the keg in. . ;)

Written By: Matthias on 07/07/09 at 4:24 pm

Denny's????  I'm singing at a Denny's?????  Uh--we need to talk about that one, I don't know that Denny's will Jeff bring the keg in. . ;)

I guess we can have a privet party back at the apartment then...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/07/09 at 5:23 pm

Congratulations.

Written By: Silver Power on 07/08/09 at 2:39 am

Wow, Congrats Matthias!

Written By: philbo on 07/08/09 at 10:30 am

After a long 21 year existence Matthias Stove is finally getting married.

I've been in existence for twice that, and believe me 21 years isn't long... the next 21'll seem far longer ;)

But seriously, congrats Matthias.  Best of luck.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/09/09 at 10:08 am

Congrats from downunder too Matty, although I'm confused at how it's all been arranged before you pop the question.  In these backwaters it's kinda usually the other way around, but what do I know... 

and given your knowledge of the answer, it's gonna be hard imbuing "the question" with the level of romantic drama normally associated with it, but admittedly you've proven to us all over the years that you have the imagination to make it work.

and a wise ole tip: on the wedding day, don't go referring to her as your first wife.

Written By: philbo on 07/09/09 at 10:24 am

and a wise ole tip: on the wedding day, don't go referring to her as your first wife.

..or "the future ex-Mrs Stove", for that matter

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/09/09 at 12:13 pm

It just sounds kinda funny, hope you don't mind me saying this Matty, but Mr and Mrs Stove, I'm wondering if the Oven will be the best man and the Microwave the Maid of Honor  ;D  I haven't heard from you in a couple days Matty--hope all is still going well, I suppose you are a bit out of your mind at the moment, see ya later  ;)

Written By: jreuben on 07/09/09 at 12:49 pm

It just sounds kinda funny, hope you don't mind me saying this Matty, but Mr and Mrs Stove, I'm wondering if the Oven will be the best man and the Microwave the Maid of Honor   ;D  I haven't heard from you in a couple days Matty--hope all is still going well, I suppose you are a bit out of your mind at the moment, see ya later  ;)

Oh there's something in the oven...  ;D

Written By: Matthias on 07/09/09 at 12:50 pm

Oh there's something in the oven...  ;D

I sure hope not... Seeing that I haven't even met her yet that could be bad...  :o

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/09/09 at 12:57 pm

The fact you haven't met her in person still boggles my mind. . .but it's your decisions, I'm here as a friend regardless--of course you know that. .keep us in the loop. . .and if something somehow got uploaded to the oven without having met in person. . .let me know, so I can bring 'oven mits'  ;)

Written By: Matthias on 07/09/09 at 1:23 pm

The fact you haven't met her in person still boggles my mind. . .but it's your decisions, I'm here as a friend regardless--of course you know that. .keep us in the loop. . .and if something somehow got uploaded to the oven without having met in person. . .let me know, so I can bring 'oven mits'   ;)

I'm not getting married for awhile yet... She wants to, but that's a little too intense for me.

Written By: jreuben on 07/09/09 at 1:53 pm

I'm not getting married for awhile yet... She wants to, but that's a little too intense for me.

What are you worried about...you still have months!

Written By: EmiLoca on 07/09/09 at 1:57 pm

...she's totally a mail-order bride, isn't she.  :P

Written By: Matthias on 07/09/09 at 1:59 pm

...she's totally a mail-order bride, isn't she.  :P

More like a Facebook-order bride, but close  ;)

Written By: EmiLoca on 07/09/09 at 2:00 pm

More like a Facebook-order bride, but close  ;)

Really?  Those sidebar ads work?  Ha-HA!  Best $500 I've ever spent!

...r-really?  :P

Written By: Matthias on 07/09/09 at 2:06 pm

Really?  Those sidebar ads work?  Ha-HA!  Best $500 I've ever spent!

...r-really?  :P

Well, I know the girl of course. She's a friend of my best friend down in Orlando.

Written By: EmiLoca on 07/09/09 at 2:11 pm

Well, I know the girl of course. She's a friend of my best friend down in Orlando.

... ... ... ... r-really?

Just kidding.  Good for you.  ;)

Written By: philbo on 07/09/09 at 2:41 pm

Wouldn't that be email-order?

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/09/09 at 3:00 pm

Wait she's not even in Ohio?  Matty boy--you are confusing me, this is going to be very interesting. . .It almost sounds like a "One Life to Live" storyline unfolding, but on the internet.

Written By: Matthias on 07/09/09 at 3:51 pm

Wait she's not even in Ohio?  Matty boy--you are confusing me, this is going to be very interesting. . .It almost sounds like a "One Life to Live" storyline unfolding, but on the internet.

I know, right

Written By: jreuben on 07/09/09 at 8:34 pm

... ... ... ... r-really?

Just kidding.  Good for you.  ;)

Boy is Matty going to be upset when he finds out that I'm his bride.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/10/09 at 10:04 am

Boy is Matty going to be upset when he finds out that I'm his bride.

He's not the only one!  There will be a long line of women wailing and gnashing their teeth, you bastard!

Written By: Arwen on 07/10/09 at 12:08 pm

I'm depressed. 

Like the super-spy I am, I was looking through your friends on facebook...to try to see a picture of the blushing bride to be...(I'm a visual girl...okay?)...but there isn't a "Krista" on your friend list.  Unless I'm totally retarded.  I checked three times though.

If you really want a girl to know that you like her...and especially if you're telling all of your parody friends that you're going to marry her...maybe you should put her on your top friends list.  Oh...but i can't see your top friends list because we're not friends...(on account of my facebook being under my secret super-spy identity)...so just put her on your friends list at least.  Or just message me a picture of her, and I'll stop cyber-stalking your facebook account.  :)

BUT...if you're keeping her identity sort of a secret, to protect her from all us weirdos...or because she's an internet super-spy like me...that's fine...I can't dig it.

He's not the only one!  There will be a long line of women wailing and gnashing their teeth, you bastard!

I agree with Ash on this one.  There will be women.  Sad sad women.  As long as they haven't seen the Redneck Wizard video... ;)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/10/09 at 7:43 pm

I'm depressed. 

Like the super-spy I am, I was looking through your friends on facebook...to try to see a picture of the blushing bride to be...(I'm a visual girl...okay?)...but there isn't a "Krista" on your friend list.  Unless I'm totally retarded.  I checked three times though.

If you really want a girl to know that you like her...and especially if you're telling all of your parody friends that you're going to marry her...maybe you should put her on your top friends list.  Oh...but i can't see your top friends list because we're not friends...(on account of my facebook being under my secret super-spy identity)...so just put her on your friends list at least.  Or just message me a picture of her, and I'll stop cyber-stalking your facebook account.  :)

BUT...if you're keeping her identity sort of a secret, to protect her from all us weirdos...or because she's an internet super-spy like me...that's fine...I can't dig it.

I agree with Ash on this one.  There will be women.  Sad sad women.  As long as they haven't seen the Redneck Wizard video... ;)

LOL, Hermione will still be in line. . .

Written By: Matthias on 07/10/09 at 8:59 pm

I'm depressed. 

If you really want a girl to know that you like her...and especially if you're telling all of your parody friends that you're going to marry her...maybe you should put her on your top friends list.  Oh...but i can't see your top friends list because we're not friends...(on account of my facebook being under my secret super-spy identity)...so just put her on your friends list at least.  Or just message me a picture of her, and I'll stop cyber-stalking your facebook account.   :)

I expect to see a Friend Request from you Arwen  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 6:15 am

Awesome... you should take your vows on a rollercoaster too!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/11/09 at 7:17 am

Awesome... you should take your vows on a rollercoaster too!

Would that make it a "Rollercoaster of love"?  Yeah I listen to way too much 70s music.

Marriage does have alot of ups and downs, so getting married on a roller coaster would be the perfect preparation for it.  lol

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 7:20 am

Would that make it a "Rollercoaster of love"?  Yeah I listen to way too much 70s music.

Marriage does have alot of ups and downs, so getting married on a roller coaster would be the perfect preparation for it.  lol

nice analogy!  ;D

Written By: Matthias on 07/11/09 at 7:28 am

The Red Hot Chili Peppers weren't around in the 70s...  ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/11/09 at 7:38 am

The Red Hot Chili Peppers weren't around in the 70s...  ;)

Rats!  I meant "Love Rollercoaster" by The Ohio Players.  :-[

Written By: EthanM on 07/12/09 at 10:17 pm

I can attest that ms. tipton is a real person, or at least a real facebook profile

Written By: Medemia on 07/17/09 at 12:16 am

Well, congrats.  I wish you many happy years of marriage, some really trying ones that will bring you closer together, and a lifetime of going to bed each night more in love than the previous.

Halloween?  Is this all in Orlando?

Written By: lpg_unit on 07/17/09 at 5:56 pm

Congratulations, my friend. Too bad I won't be able to make it there.

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/23/09 at 4:29 pm

Sorry for so long in responding, friend, but mazel tov and congrats and way to go and anything else. Does this little lady realize what she has gotten herself into?  ;) ;D

A toast to you and yours...i expect to see some wedding photos in a future update or thread!

EDIT AFTER READING THE PREVIOUS 3 PAGES: You are absolutely sure about what you are doing?  :-\\
Good luck!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 11:25 am

Congratulations, Matthias! I wish to you many happy years of togetherness. Now, as for whom I'd like to marry, that's easy... Risa Sotohana. JUST KIDDING! LOL!  :)

Written By: 2nz on 08/03/09 at 9:45 am

Congrats, Matty. I salute you and the lady. May you have many (more) nutty times together. How long have you known each other?

-Glen

Check for new replies or respond here...