inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The AmIRight Tribute Series

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/30/09 at 7:01 pm

This is my official thread for the AmIRight Tribute Series. So far, here's who has a tribute:

Tokusou Sentai Blessranger
B.A.Dave
Airfarcewon

Anyone else who wants one, just ask, and I'll try.  ;D

Subject: Re: The AmIRight Tribute Series

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/30/09 at 9:09 pm

Hmm. . .I have an idea, one person that doesn't get too many tributes, that really should have a few more in my opinion, is the King of Self Deprecation: Jeff Reuben, not that there aren't literally hundreds of parodists I love on this site as equally, but I really don't see too many praising Jeff, and he has such a quirky sense of humor that is unique, and signature in style, and he's a great person too. . .so I know you were looking for people to nominate themselves (which since you did one for me without any nomination on my part I wouldn't do, thanks again for that by the way--you captured me really well), but I want to nominate a great parodist, and an all around good guy--Jeff for a tribute

Written By: Matthias on 07/30/09 at 10:29 pm

Hmm. . .I have an idea, one person that doesn't get too many tributes, that really should have a few more in my opinion, is the King of Self Deprecation: Jeff Reuben, not that there aren't literally hundreds of parodists I love on this site as equally, but I really don't see too many praising Jeff, and he has such a quirky sense of humor that is unique, and signature in style, and he's a great person too. . .so I know you were looking for people to nominate themselves (which since you did one for me without any nomination on my part I wouldn't do, thanks again for that by the way--you captured me really well), but I want to nominate a great parodist, and an all around good guy--Jeff for a tribute

I second that!

Although I personally would love a tribute about me... Yaknow just sayin' ;)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 07/31/09 at 11:21 am

Those are good ideas, B.A.Dave and Matthias. Here are some of my ideas, complete with OSes:

TJC: OS "ABC" by Jackson 5
EmiLoca: OS either "Down On The Corner" by CCR or some song by Sonata Arctica

And a tribute to some of AmIRight's best parodists of 2009: "Ribber-Man, Mark, and Blaze", originally "Abraham, Luke, and John" by I forgot who. I sometimes like to surprise by writing tributes that weren't requested. If anyone does or doesn't want a tribute, feel free to let me know.  :D PS: All your base are belong to us.

Written By: EmiLoca on 08/01/09 at 6:20 pm

Third for Jeff Reuben, and seconded for TJC.  And maybe... negative one for me, haha. I think that female parodists to get a disproportionate amount of attention based solely on our XY, when there is a myriad of man-talent that remains un(der)appreciated.  Although I'm sure Arwen and I have no problems with being adored now and again.  ::)

I've mostly reserved tribute parodies for AmIRight fauxmances, but so many of y'all deserve it I'm convinced I'll be writing more of these in the future.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/01/09 at 7:09 pm

Third for Jeff Reuben, and seconded for TJC.  And maybe... negative one for me, haha. I think that female parodists to get a disproportionate amount of attention based solely on our XY, when there is a myriad of man-talent that remains un(der)appreciated.   Although I'm sure Arwen and I have no problems with being adored now and again.   ::)

I've mostly reserved tribute parodies for AmIRight fauxmances, but so many of y'all deserve it I'm convinced I'll be writing more of these in the future.

Negative 1 for you, Emi? You're joking, right? Anyways, looking forward to your tributes, and I appreciate your post.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/01/09 at 7:19 pm

Hate to double-post, but Emi, I read in one of the SOTM threads that you like "balloons" parodies. Well, I did one. http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/goldfinger2.shtml I know, you meant a completely different meaning of the word, but I just like to joke with stuff like that.

Written By: Arwen on 08/04/09 at 9:58 am

Although I'm sure Arwen and I have no problems with being adored now and again.   ::)

http://oneyearbibleimages.com/amen.jpg

As for folks to tribute...it's hard to say.  I think it's totally appropriate to throw one down for anyone who you really do appreciate...but to say, "you SHOULD appreciate so and so..." that to me...seems a little insincere.  That being said.  You should appreciate me.  ;)  Just kidding.  I think Michael Pacholek has written me plenty...there are others whose egos probably need it more than mine.

(And...Jeff...I don't know...I guess he's alright.  I did a tribute to him one time...but you know...I don't like him THAT much.  ;))

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/04/09 at 6:21 pm

http://oneyearbibleimages.com/amen.jpg

As for folks to tribute...it's hard to say.  I think it's totally appropriate to throw one down for anyone who you really do appreciate...but to say, "you SHOULD appreciate so and so..." that to me...seems a little insincere.  That being said.  You should appreciate me.   ;)  Just kidding.  I think Michael Pacholek has written me plenty...there are others whose egos probably need it more than mine.

(And...Jeff...I don't know...I guess he's alright.  I did a tribute to him one time...but you know...I don't like him THAT much.   ;))

Thanks for your words on this, Arwen. I always do tributes to those I appreciate, and you're one of them. I might do one to you eventually. I think someone who needs more tributes is Ten Second Braeden. I think he's given up AmIRight, but he did some great parodies. However, not predicting anything, but if someone tributed me, I'd flip out. But that'll never happen.

Written By: kilgore523 on 02/21/10 at 1:44 am

DJ, the tribute series seems really great, and I have some ideas for tribute parodies:

1: Tribute to John Barry, based on John Henry by Harry Belafonte

2: Tribute to Below Average Dave, based on Wild, Wild West by The Escape Club

3: Tribute to Fiddlegirl, based on Jimmy Mack by Martha and the Vandellas.

4: Tribute to blackjack21, based on I Love Rock &Roll by Joan Jett.

These four are all great AIR contributors, with fewer tribute parodies than many others. I myself have had two parodies written about me, with my name tossed into more than I can count or remember.  8)  Lyrics and YouTube content for these songs are readily available, and these are all fairly well-known songs, so there shouldn't be many DKTOS comments.  :)

Anyhow, best of luck with the tribute series, your other parodies and the contests!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...