inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Challenging songs to parody/Big 7 runner-ups?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/26/09 at 6:21 pm

In my opinion, these songs are Big 7 material. Some are pretty hard, one is outlandishly easy.

"Cry Of The Brave" by DragonForce http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkaDIn1oDpY&feature=related (Note: This is an AMV, meaning "Anime Music Video".

"Shining Collection" by Iceman www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9vPqiwLOSE

"You Are A Pirate" by LazyTown (Warning: This song is easy) www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLsJyfN0ICU

"Virtual Insanity" by Jamiroquai www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQb2WXSqyl4

I'm not suggesting that they become part of the Big 7, but they are great songs that need more parodies. (Although I'm sure that most of you know none of them except Insanity, and maybe Pirate.)

Subject: Re: Challenging songs to parody/Big 7 runner-ups?

Written By: Red Ant on 08/26/09 at 7:17 pm

There was a thread a few years ago to expand the Big 7 (here), as well as the Epic 40 list. Check 'em out, see what ya think!

Ant

Written By: Rex on 08/26/09 at 7:37 pm

Maybe there needs to be the current "traditional" big 7 and a modern big 7.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/26/09 at 7:45 pm

Red Ant: I didn't really want to post on that thread due to the 120-day warning, but I'll check out the Epic 40. Thanks!

Rex: Great idea! I feel like AmIRight needs a little bit more modern music parodies. Personally, anything from the 80s and up would be cool in my book, although I'm into lots of obscure stuff as you can see by my first 2 choices.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/26/09 at 9:04 pm

Red Ant: I didn't really want to post on that thread due to the 120-day warning, but I'll check out the Epic 40. Thanks!

Rex: Great idea! I feel like AmIRight needs a little bit more modern music parodies. Personally, anything from the 80s and up would be cool in my book, although I'm into lots of obscure stuff as you can see by my first 2 choices.

You really should check out the "Epic 40" then. they are predominantly 90s and 00s songs that are very challenging.  I've actually hit Virtual Insanity myself too. . .fun song, and it was very challenging. . .it was a tough performance as well

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/27/09 at 1:06 pm

You really should check out the "Epic 40" then. they are predominantly 90s and 00s songs that are very challenging.  I've actually hit Virtual Insanity myself too. . .fun song, and it was very challenging. . .it was a tough performance as well

I checked out the Epic 40, and it appears to be awesome! Sadly, I haven't parodied any of those yet, though I'll try ABC and Virtual Insanity. And I remember seeing your Alcohol Mixology song a while back, I'll check it out.

Check for new replies or respond here...