inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has AmIRight affected your musical tastes?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/05/09 at 9:11 am

I'd have to say yes: thanks to Blessranger, I have those Super Sentai songs stuck in my head! AmIRight not only gives us hilarious parodies, but also a chance to hear new music. Anyone else?

Subject: Re: Has AmIRight affected your musical tastes?

Written By: Matthias on 09/05/09 at 9:32 am

I agree... If it wasn't for Amiright I wouldn't know half of the Beatles songs that I know now  ;)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/05/09 at 10:10 am

I'd say no, it hasn't affected my musical tastes, but it's introduced me to artists and songs who fit my tastes that I wasn't aware of. . .and this may sound crazy, but most of those are recent artists who I haven't heard because I can't listen to the radio anymore, the radio has so much crap on it, but AmIRight and other parody sites have helped me find some diamonds in the rough.

You know when canned hip-hopish dance tracks by the Black Eyed Peas are number one virtually every week on the billboard charts, somethings gone terribly wrong. . .

Written By: Rex on 09/05/09 at 11:41 am

My taste in music is the same, but many thanks to Matthias for pointing me to Reel Big Fish.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/05/09 at 3:10 pm

Interesting replies.... but read my Iceman, Dragonforce, and Lordi parodies if you want to be pointed to really good music.... LOL! (I meant it, though.) Dave, I agree wholeheartedly. Radio has very few good tracks.

Written By: Matthias on 09/05/09 at 7:30 pm

My taste in music is the same, but many thanks to Matthias for pointing me to Reel Big Fish.

Yay! Another Fishhead!!!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/05/09 at 8:39 pm

Yay! Another Fishhead!!!

The only Fish songs I know are Sell Out and She Has A Girlfriend Now.... excellent ska!

Written By: Max Power on 09/20/09 at 1:36 pm

Many of those songs are earworms.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/20/09 at 9:31 pm

It hasn't changed my taste, but I have found other songs that I never heard before due to site. Alot that I like at that.

Check for new replies or respond here...