inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone got a parody of something released in the past two weeks?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/13/10 at 8:50 pm

No idea why, but someone was insistent that I add the 2010s to the decade drop down box.  I haven't tested it at all yet, but it should work.  I imagine it will be much like when the site started and I get a bunch of 1999 stuff crammed into the 2000s category for a few months at least.

Subject: Re: Anyone got a parody of something released in the past two weeks?

Written By: karen on 01/13/10 at 8:57 pm

No idea why, but someone was insistent that I add the 2010s to the decade drop down box.  I haven't tested it at all yet, but it should work.  I imagine it will be much like when the site started and I get a bunch of 1999 stuff crammed into the 2000s category for a few months at least.

Mountain Ashley mainly posts misheard lyrics, misrhymed lyrics etc.  Not sure she/he is a parodist

Written By: EthanM on 01/13/10 at 8:58 pm

I don't know any songs from the past two weeks and i try to keep up on new stuff more than just about anyone.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/14/10 at 7:05 am

Mountain Ashley mainly posts misheard lyrics, misrhymed lyrics etc.  Not sure she/he is a parodist

ah well, that's a whole 'nother can of worms to enter as well.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/14/10 at 2:11 pm

Well, I haven't parodied any of them, but there are a couple of 2010 songs out already. . .I'll see if I can't test it out tonight for you with one of them.

Written By: philbo on 01/15/10 at 6:12 am

Wow.. now that's what I call quick off the mark

Written By: EthanM on 01/15/10 at 9:59 am

Anything listed on the billboard hot 100 as having been on the charts for 2 weeks or less is a 2010 song...there are about 5 of those.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/18/10 at 5:09 pm

I've been having this urge lately to do something with "Pants on the Ground."  ;D I'm wanting to parody the song (or do a parody about the song) before any of my fellow Am I Writers beat me to it.

I still don't know how I'm gonna parody the original song, but I'm thinking of doing parodies of "Don't Bring Me Down," "Send in the Clowns," and "Just Dance." But I've just gotta do something with "Pants on the Ground."  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/18/10 at 5:21 pm

I've been having this urge lately to do something with "Pants on the Ground."  ;D I'm wanting to parody the song (or do a parody about the song) before any of my fellow Am I Writers beat me to it.

I still don't know how I'm gonna parody the original song, but I'm thinking of doing parodies of "Don't Bring Me Down," "Send in the Clowns," and "Just Dance." But I've just gotta do something with "Pants on the Ground."  ;D

it's too short for the regular parody submissions though... amazing how everyone latched onto that though

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/18/10 at 6:20 pm

it's too short for the regular parody submissions though... amazing how everyone latched onto that though

I actually found a way to make the song longer... I based it entirely on the American Idol audition and instead of merely repeating the same lyrics over and over, I varied and changed up the lyrics for a bit of variety. And plus, that way the song doesn't go stale after only a minute. Then I parody the comments afterward.

I think that helps make it long enough for submission, but it always helps to have someone else's opinion. Thank you.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...