inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember parody writer Cat? Catch up here!

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/20/10 at 12:38 am

TRANSCRIPTION OF AN INTERNET CONVERSATION  1/20/10 AT http://www.rateyourmusic.com

Subject: OMG OMG OMG

Is this AmIRight Agrimorfee?! It's Cat!!! Since you're of the right age and from Chicago I've no doubt it's you; also, nobody else could think up that username.

I miss AmIRight, even though I haven't been in a parody frame of mind in freaking ages. How's it going? Tell Kristof, Stuart, Arwen and the rest that I miss them!

Jeezuz H. Christ, Cat, where the hell have you been? It's like you walked off the face of the earth. We miss your great parodies! Come back!

No, no—I haven't walked off the face of the earth, I've just been elsewhere. Here I write reviews instead of parodies, and it's one of my Internet homes. I'm a Cornell sophomore now, majoring in linguistics, but I've actually been back in Springfield since March since I had to go on leave to resolve some pretty bad anxiety issues. I'm going back on Thursday, though!! Unfortunately, this means college is going to be eating my life again, so probably no time to get back to parodies. I /promise/ it'll happen eventually, but I can't set any dates yet. For one, I'm probably terribly rusty right now! (Then again, I make up alternate lyrics for songs on a regular basis just out of habit, but they're nothing worth posting and only make sense in my own head. :P) So I need some practice. But I'm still amazed that I found you here! Wow.

OK if i let the gang know what's up with you? (essentially pasting the previous reply?)

Absolutely!

Subject: Re: Remember parody writer Cat? Catch up here!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/20/10 at 6:07 pm

Hey Cat! I'm DJ Blaze. You probably don't know of me since you haven't been on AmIRight in a while. I think I've heard of you from the Tribute Song Contest, which seriously needs to happen again. I wish you the best of luck in your reviews.

Written By: Arwen on 01/22/10 at 1:43 pm

Ahhh...I was thinking about Cat just the other day, while going through some old parodies/comments...I wondered where she'd wandered off to.  Good to hear that she seems to be doing well.  I always think of her, too, when I hear anything by the Cars.  Hee hee. 

Written By: philbo on 01/27/10 at 9:03 am

I'm a Cornell sophomore now, majoring in linguistics,

..I feel old...

But thanks for passing that on, Ag, and say "hi" from me :)

Written By: Step-chan on 01/30/10 at 5:46 pm

I remember Cat. Although I have submitted much lately(Last one was late last year).

Check for new replies or respond here...