inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My First LIVE in person performance

Written By: Below Average Dave on 04/06/10 at 9:46 am

On Monday April 12th, I will be performing live to benefit HIV/AIDS awareness, specifically for the group TACT in Norfolk, VA.

I will post more info here, but the basic information is that it will cost ten dollars to get in, there are a variety of different entertainers that will be there, though I may be the only parodist/dementia artist. There will also be all you can eat pizza. Alright, anyhow, I'll post more info when I have.

Subject: Re: My First LIVE in person performance

Written By: philbo on 04/06/10 at 2:29 pm

Cool - nice one, Dave :)  All the best (but I don't think I'll be able to make it, somehow)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 04/06/10 at 4:03 pm

It's in Virginia? That's pretty close to me, but I don't think I could make it.

Written By: jreuben on 04/12/10 at 12:14 pm

Good luck Dave!  A bit far to travel for a weeknight, but I'll be thinking of you.  Do you know what songs you're performing?

Written By: Below Average Dave on 04/13/10 at 11:27 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMLdY7sgXcw
I messed up my lyrics a little in the middle, but I had a great time and I was honored to help raise money for an HIV organization.

Written By: jreuben on 04/14/10 at 9:32 am

Looking sharp  :)  Nice quality recording too...a lot of times the lighting is too dark for video in places like that (don't know if you had special lighting or the lighting was just better).  Good stage presence too!

Written By: wildcard on 04/14/10 at 10:39 am

yeah, looks good

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/20/10 at 12:50 am

I just did two more 'live' performances, but unfortunately these two were not recorded because. . .well. . .I didn't expect to do them, both were by request while I was just doing Karaoke at a bar I like. . .however both songs went extremely well.

I did Text Messaging Ain't Right--no warm up obviously and no lyrics, and made it through it without stumbling at all, the crowd was somewhat stunned as was the DJ who loved it.

The other one was a on the spot parody of I Kissed a Girl which the crowd really got into. . .it borrowed some of my lyrics from "I Verbed a Noun" but most of it was brand new material that I made up as the song played. . .

I had a blast--I really hope I find a way to perform live more often, and I will try and perform Text Messaging Ain't Right at whatever live recorded performance I do next so that I can post it like I did Bowl It

I also performed It's The End of the World as We Know It, Thnks fr th Mmrs, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Good Riddance, Pain, Blurry, How You Remind Me, and Going Under live but they aren't as notable because, well I didn't sing a parody of any of those (even though I have actually parodied all but 3 of them)  What a fun, fun night, Singing live is awesome!

Written By: Matthias on 05/20/10 at 11:05 pm

Cool beans!
I need to try performing my parodies live only problem with that is I only sing karaoke when I'm hammered and I will probably screw up my lyrics when I'm hammered.

Written By: philbo on 05/21/10 at 5:39 am

I need to try performing my parodies live only problem with that is I only sing karaoke when I'm hammered and I will probably screw up my lyrics when I'm hammered.

Er.. why not give it a try when you're sober, then?

Written By: jreuben on 05/21/10 at 9:20 am

I just did two more 'live' performances, but unfortunately these two were not recorded because. . .well. . .I didn't expect to do them, both were by request while I was just doing Karaoke at a bar I like. . .however both songs went extremely well.

I did Text Messaging Ain't Right--no warm up obviously and no lyrics, and made it through it without stumbling at all, the crowd was somewhat stunned as was the DJ who loved it.

The other one was a on the spot parody of I Kissed a Girl which the crowd really got into. . .it borrowed some of my lyrics from "I Verbed a Noun" but most of it was brand new material that I made up as the song played. . .

I had a blast--I really hope I find a way to perform live more often, and I will try and perform Text Messaging Ain't Right at whatever live recorded performance I do next so that I can post it like I did Bowl It

I also performed It's The End of the World as We Know It, Thnks fr th Mmrs, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Good Riddance, Pain, Blurry, How You Remind Me, and Going Under live but they aren't as notable because, well I didn't sing a parody of any of those (even though I have actually parodied all but 3 of them)  What a fun, fun night, Singing live is awesome!

Annie Are You Okay?  :-)

Written By: Matthias on 05/21/10 at 9:34 am

Annie Are You Okay?  :-)

That was the best parody of that song ever!  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...