inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bands That I Need To Parody

Written By: Matthias on 08/19/10 at 3:21 pm

I'm currently working on completing a whole bunch of Aerosmith songs since Aerosmith is one of my favorite Musical Artists of all time, but there are a few more bands that deserve recognition that I haven't done nearly enough of yet...

These bands are:

1. Weezer
2. The Killers
3. Flogging Molly
4. Reel Big Fish
5. Mighty Mighty Bosstones
6. Ben Folds Five

And...

7. Cake

(Just to name a few)

What caused me to start this thread however is the addition of the comedy folk band "Flight of the Conchords" and the instrumental tracks created by Karaoke Version...

1. "Hiphopopotamus vs Rhymenoceros": http://www.karaoke-version.com/mp3-backingtrack/flight-of-the-conchords/hiphopopotamus-vs-rhymenoceros.html
2. "Business Time": http://www.karaoke-version.com/mp3-backingtrack/flight-of-the-conchords/business-time.html
3. "Bowie's In Space": http://www.karaoke-version.com/mp3-backingtrack/flight-of-the-conchords/bowie-s-in-space.html

If you haven't heard of Flight of the Conchords, I HIGHLY recommend them!

Subject: Re: Bands That I Need To Parody

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/19/10 at 7:31 pm

I need to do:

1. Freedom Call
2. Stratovarius
3. Sonata Arctica
4. Psychic Lover

Raise your hand if you know of any of these.

Written By: Matthias on 08/19/10 at 7:34 pm

Big fan of Sonata Arctica, I would love to see a parody of "Wolf And Raven"!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/19/10 at 9:01 pm

On my list(mainly because I have ideas for some of the songs from these bands):

1. Black Market Flowers

2. L7

3. Blood Hound Gang

4. The Seekers

5. Cowboy Junkies

6. Freedy Johnston

Not a complete list, there are also some parody challenges I need to get to, but I intend to do number 1 and 4 first.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/19/10 at 9:42 pm

Big fan of Sonata Arctica, I would love to see a parody of "Wolf And Raven"!

I might give it a try, would also try "Black Sheep", "Paid In Full" or "Shamandalie" sometime.

Written By: WeirdAbbott on 08/27/10 at 8:19 pm

I'm really suprised I haven't done a parody of Taylor Swift, Nickelback, Christina Aguilera or Kanye West yet...all ripe for parody, I just can't think of anything.

Written By: Matthias on 08/27/10 at 9:58 pm

I'm really suprised I haven't done a parody of Taylor Swift, Nickelback, Christina Aguilera or Kanye West yet...all ripe for parody, I just can't think of anything.

I hate Taylor Swift so no big loss there and I thought you did do a parody of Kanye although I may be wrong

Written By: WeirdAbbott on 08/31/10 at 10:45 pm

Thanks Matt, I did do a parody of Kanye...not one of my better ones, so thats why I forgot about it.  ;D
Replace Kanye with Lifehouse, Timbaland and/or Everclear.

Written By: philbo on 10/28/10 at 9:50 am

If you haven't heard of Flight of the Conchords, I HIGHLY recommend them!

+1

..my daughter's forever picking out Conchords bits for me to listen to :)

I have a Kanye West parody on the go at the moment.. it's one that's been on the back burner for a year or two, and gets added to on rare occasions.. similar to my Sir Mixalot one..

But I've stopped looking for specific bands/songs to parody.. when inspiration strikes (as it tends to whenever I hear a song more than once in a short space of time), a parody gets written.  Got some fun original material to record, too..

Written By: Matthias on 10/28/10 at 11:06 am

+1

..my daughter's forever picking out Conchords bits for me to listen to :)
I have a Kanye West parody on the go at the moment.. it's one that's been on the back burner for a year or two, and gets added to on rare occasions.. similar to my Sir Mixalot one..

But I've stopped looking for specific bands/songs to parody.. when inspiration strikes (as it tends to whenever I hear a song more than once in a short space of time), a parody gets written.  Got some fun original material to record, too..

I would love to see you parody Flight of the Conchords, Phil!

Written By: philbo on 10/28/10 at 11:36 am

I would love to see you parody Flight of the Conchords, Phil!

I'm very bad at turning down requests.. anything of theirs in particular you were thinking of?

Written By: Matthias on 10/28/10 at 11:54 am

I'm very bad at turning down requests.. anything of theirs in particular you were thinking of?

Business Time  ;)

Written By: philbo on 10/29/10 at 5:40 am

Might have known you'd pick that one.. though the first parody idea that came to mind probably wouldn't make a lot of sense to anyone that side of the pond.

Check for new replies or respond here...