inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Me at the Karaoke Bar

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/27/10 at 11:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/inbetweenkaraoke#grid/user/A2F3D26C11CC979E

One of the places I karaoke has a youtube account, and here is a playlist of some of my performances.  Warning I play into whatever is going on around me, which can make my performances kinda crazy and sometimes inappropriate . . . I just have fun with it. . .

There are 9 videos thus far, they include

East Jesus Nowhere by Green Day
Addicted by Simple Plan
Mad World by Gary Jules/Tears for Fears/Adam Lambert
What Is Love by Haddaway
21 Guns by Green Day
Good Vibrations by Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch
Don't You Want Me by Human League
4 Minutes by Madonna & Justin Timberlake
Tainted Love by Soft Cell

More to come. . .most likely. . .

Yeah I know I'm crazy--but then again, you all have seen my parodies, so this may seem like child's play next to that

Subject: Re: Me at the Karaoke Bar

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/29/10 at 9:59 pm

WOW. What Is Love was epic.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/30/10 at 12:00 am

WOW. What Is Love was epic.

Thank you yes it was. . .I hadn't drank as much as it may appear in that one, but I uh, well I'd say got carried away with the song, but that'd be an understatement

Written By: jreuben on 09/01/10 at 1:45 pm

Are any of these your parodies, or all original songs? 

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/01/10 at 4:18 pm

Are any of these your parodies, or all original songs? 

The ones that were put up were originals to try and promote the show, which unfortunately is ending, but I did parodies there as well

Written By: Matthias on 09/01/10 at 4:25 pm

That stinks! I was looking forward to going Karaoking with you guys whenever I got around to going down to Virgina

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/02/10 at 9:23 pm

That stinks! I was looking forward to going Karaoking with you guys whenever I got around to going down to Virgina

Have you and Dave ever met each other?

Written By: Matthias on 09/02/10 at 9:53 pm

Have you and Dave ever met each other?

Yeah, We partied down in Tampa when he used to live there

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/04/10 at 6:07 pm

LOL I miss that. . .I am planning on having karaokee at My house instead with the same friends. . .we will find something to do, don't worry karaoke isn't going anywhere in my life--its the only thing I ever have time to do that isn't like work to me.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/06/10 at 5:50 pm

LOL I miss that. . .I am planning on having karaokee at My house instead with the same friends. . .we will find something to do, don't worry karaoke isn't going anywhere in my life--its the only thing I ever have time to do that isn't like work to me.

I want to get into karaoke sometime... what sites other than YouTube would you recommend for instrumentals?

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/07/10 at 10:48 am

I want to get into karaoke sometime... what sites other than YouTube would you recommend for instrumentals?

karaoke-version.com/en is fantastic, but those ones cost. . .same for muscialcreations.com and ameritz.com, but all three are very good

Written By: jreuben on 09/08/10 at 9:41 am

I'm guessing there's another bar out Dave's way with karaoke too  :)  I go out every few weeks in my area as well, it's a ton of fun.

DJ Blaze...I'd have recommended the same sites as Below Average Dave.  And if you have games like Rock Band, Guitar Hero, the American Idol Karaoke (which is what we used when we met up in Tampa...wow, I miss that too!) those work at home as well for karaoke.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/08/10 at 9:30 pm

I'm guessing there's another bar out Dave's way with karaoke too  :)  I go out every few weeks in my area as well, it's a ton of fun.

DJ Blaze...I'd have recommended the same sites as Below Average Dave.  And if you have games like Rock Band, Guitar Hero, the American Idol Karaoke (which is what we used when we met up in Tampa...wow, I miss that too!) those work at home as well for karaoke.

I do wish we could have another mini-convention--that was a blast.

Check for new replies or respond here...