inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: London west end gig on 5th October

Written By: marthadtox on 09/28/10 at 11:49 am

I have not been posting much lately but I am doing a gig on Thursday 5th October at the Arts Theatre Club in Frith Street Soho (just past Ronnie Scotts). John Jenkins is visiting from the US .. he  may be doing a number!!  ....possibly others.... Philbo... Kristoff.... London Amirighters (especially those who like pollitical/l/business/financial parodies)  welcome to come along from 7.30

Subject: Re: London west end gig on 5th October

Written By: philbo on 10/01/10 at 10:59 am

:-)

Looking forward to it.. what's parking like round there, or should I not even be thinking of driving in?

Written By: John Jenkins on 10/04/10 at 3:41 pm

Great!  I saw some good Welsh entertainment last week - Shirley Bassey, Katherine Jenkins, and Catherine Zeta-Jones, among others.  Looking forward to some good English entertainment - Helen, Phil and Kristof - tomorrow night!

JJ

Written By: philbo on 10/05/10 at 4:16 am

Great!  I saw some good Welsh entertainment last week - Shirley Bassey, Katherine Jenkins, and Catherine Zeta-Jones, among others.  Looking forward to some good English entertainment - Helen, Phil and Kristof - tomorrow night!

JJ

Well, if I pretend to be Catherine Zeta Jones...

(and wasn't the golf a ridiculously close-run thing in the end?  Did you manage to show up for the final day, too?)

Written By: marthadtox3 on 10/05/10 at 9:36 am

Hi Phil

Re parking I cant advise I always take a cab..best to call the venue and ask Costas for advice(the manager)

Written By: John Jenkins on 10/20/10 at 11:11 pm

This was a great experience for me to meet two of the AmiRight legends, Martha DTox and Phil Alexander, and to hear them perform live.  Their written parodies have entertained me for years, but they are both even better live!  Helen, thank you very much for putting this entertaining event together, and, Phil, thank you for getting into London for your lively parodies.  And, Kristof, sorry I missed you.  I hope you have recovered!

Written By: marthadtox3 on 10/21/10 at 5:21 pm

It as great to meet John and his gang and Phil the other evening !!! and John the feedback that I got was that your Fannie Mae was the best song!!!! Phil's Grease parody was brilliant too!!

Written By: philbo on 10/22/10 at 10:17 am

That was Kristof's "Terror School Dropout" parody.  It is really rather funny :)

+1 on the "great to meet" comments.

Check for new replies or respond here...