inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Light, but important to me note

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/04/10 at 11:57 pm

Let's Have Reindeer Meat for Christmas as of 12/5/2010 is my first number one hit on Soundclick Comedy charts since December of 2008.  All my previous records were lost in 2009 when I had auto moved all songs to the-then somewhat new-sub genre  of parody, meaning

Let's Have Reindeer Meat for Christmas reflects as my only number 1 song.

According to my referrer list, AmIRight has been directly responsible for AT LEAST 50% of my total hits--so thank you all!.  In the past four days this song went 6th, 4th, 2nd and now 1st. . .significant increases each day over the day before (It started out almost entirely from AmIRight, and then as each day progressed I guess others saw it on the chart, liked it, and decided to listen to it as well)

Also, even though the hard copy of the album is not yet available on-line, I have now officially sold enough albums to cover all of its production costs and put some money towards my upcoming new radio show!!!!  These sales have been mostly through word of mouth, so while I'm not seeing stars or anything, after the last few weeks of multiple dentist/doctor visits and up and down sickness from working to hard to get all kinds of stuff done, I am very VERY happy with the results thus far of this album. . .just wanted to make a little statement here, as AmIRight is my main stomping ground, and ultimately my biggest fan base, THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Subject: Re: Light, but important to me note

Written By: Rex on 12/05/10 at 7:57 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumright.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/08/10 at 6:00 pm

holy crap, congratulations... someone had tagged me on facebook with a screenshot of the frontpage of soundlick because you were #1, but I figured you knew that without needing to be told. 

I'm glad to see amIright helped drive the traffic for you too. I always wondered whether being linked on the front page helped songs on those types of sites.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/08/10 at 10:46 pm

holy crap, congratulations... someone had tagged me on facebook with a screenshot of the frontpage of soundlick because you were #1, but I figured you knew that without needing to be told.  

I'm glad to see amIright helped drive the traffic for you too. I always wondered whether being linked on the front page helped songs on those types of sites.

Thank you Chucky, yes AmIRight has been a major help for my music, both improving lyrics and traffic, your visitors are true fans of comedy/parody and the like. . .so thank YOU!!!!

Oh and the hard copy for those interested is available now online as well

http://cgi.ebay.com/Very-B-A-D-Christmas-Below-Average-Dave-/260704848064?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3cb33848c0

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/19/10 at 11:49 pm

Do You Smell What I Smell has become my second number one single on Soundclick Comedy Charts from A Very B.A.D. Christmas. . .its my third song overall to go number one

So far, my charting songs from this album include
Let's Have Reindeer Meat for Christmas (1st in Comedy & Parody)
Do You Smell What I Smell (1st in Comedy & Parody)
Santa Claus is Eating My Dad (2nd in Comedy & Parody)
Beach Christmas (6th in Comedy, 2nd in Parody)
Pork Fried Rice (9th in Comedy, 2nd in Parody)
Cold Hell (11th in Comedy, 3rd in Parody)

That's half the album, and its rare for me to hit the top 10, I regularly hit the top 20 with new singles, and I have sometimes challenge for a 10 or 9 spot, but this is unusual for me, so feel like sharing it--so I am. .even though after the last DT20, I may take a hit this week:) Anyway, album sales have topped double digits, and I continue to sell well. I've sold several through the various sources I've placed it. . .I think I'm going to start doing albums more regularly. . .instead of singles, I realize that means less FUMP posting, but I still have a lot of classics that need facelifts. . .and they will get them, I'm learning a lot about recording lately and its helping my work. . .I want to do more collaborations but don't have a lot of time lately, and I really, REALLY, want to do more live performances, but those opportunities are rare--either way, thank you all:)

Check for new replies or respond here...