inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Group Album Project...

Written By: Matthias on 12/18/10 at 7:41 pm

Since it's been a long, long, LONG time since we brought all of the great minds of Amiright together and did "The White Trash Story".
For those of you who don't remember it here's the Artist page.

White Trash Story: http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/whitetrashstory.shtml

To put some perspective on this. This is so old that people like Below Average Dave and Conqueror of Parodies aren't even listed as adding to this project.

The year we created this was 2006 (only 1 year after I was involved in the song parody world)

In this we together as an Amiright family got together and conquered the Beatles "White Album"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even older than this.

"Brangelina - an Amiright Musical": http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/brangelinaanamirightmusical.shtml

Created by Stuart McArthur (that alone tells you how old it is because when's the last time you actually read a parody by Stuart?)

In this we all parodied "Don't Cry For Me, Angelina" and Stuart created a story combining all of these songs together

This was also made back in 2006! Nearly 4 years ago!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before that we had "Pirates Who Penstanzas - an AmIRight Opera"

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/pirateswhopenstanzasanamirightopera.shtml

Another one created by one of our founding fathers: Stuart McArthur

In this we all parodied a tune by Gilbert and Sullivan (a group of Opera writers I never heard of before this contest)

We all gathered together and wrote quite a few songs 20 to be exact.

This dates back to the stone age of Amiright: 2005 (one of the first things I remember even existing as a newbie writer)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's time for us to gather as one and fight the new foe that lays before us.

Are we prepared to take on the challenge? A new story to tell through the art of parody?

That's for you to decide.

Honestly, This is seriously all you guys. Do you want to do another one of these? Because I'm willing to host it if you are.

And what album should we take on this time? What would be long enough for everyone to have a good time and get as many people involved in it as possible?

Subject: Re: New Group Album Project...

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/18/10 at 9:58 pm

To put some perspective on this. This is so old that people like Below Average Dave and Conqueror of Parodies aren't even listed as adding to this project.

I find this sentence amusing because I actually did contribute to the older Brangelina. I did "Don't Fight Bruce Lee, Angelina".

Anyway, now that my interent has stopped being a wanker and I can post in threads again, I can definitely say that I'd love to be a part of this, no matter what album is chosen!

Written By: jreuben on 12/18/10 at 10:03 pm

I think I only did the Penzance project.  I'd be up for it.  And no, I'm not going to suggest Miley, I'm so over that.  Especially with Britney's new album coming out in a few months  ;D

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/19/10 at 7:05 pm

Doing a Britney album would be funny Jeff. . .I can't commit until I know the album personally, though I have no particular suggestions, life is busy right now. . .

Written By: jreuben on 12/20/10 at 8:27 am

Doing a Britney album would be funny Jeff. . .I can't commit until I know the album personally, though I have no particular suggestions, life is busy right now. . .

Matty could direct the videos

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/26/10 at 7:40 pm

I have been so far away from in-depth creativity for such a long time I would love to get in on something.  Question definitely woul be...WHICH ALBUM? Ones popping in my head...

Grease soundtrack
Saturday Night Fever
Jesus Christ Superstar
Michael Jackson's Thriller...or HIStory
Brian Wilson's Smile

Any other ideas?

Written By: Blaydeman on 01/03/11 at 1:51 am

Honestly, I'd definitely would be up for it! Reguardless of what album, count me in!

Written By: EthanM on 01/03/11 at 8:39 pm

anything but mr bungle

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/03/11 at 9:31 pm

anything but mr bungle

Don't worry, I wouldn't even suggest The Residents. :D

Check for new replies or respond here...