inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chucky G, can you please delete this parody before i get sued?

Written By: raddog on 01/10/11 at 9:39 pm

this song parody i wrote has too much plagerism and racism. I believe it really was Weird Al who wrote 'you changed 2 words of my song and called it a parody. i'll see you in court.' I really am taking that seriously and that is why I'm asking you to delete this parody.

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/weirdalyankovic15.shtml

Subject: Re: Chucky G, can you please delete this parody before i get sued?

Written By: EthanM on 01/10/11 at 11:55 pm

I don't think there's any danger of a lawsuit from a 5 year old comment by a anonymous poster, but it is waay to close to the original.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/11/11 at 6:30 pm

Weird Al, I doubt he would even care if that was really him(which I don't believe was the case).

The link is 404'd, what was the OS's and your parody titles?

Written By: raddog on 01/12/11 at 1:02 pm

I don't think there's any danger of a lawsuit from a 5 year old comment by a anonymous poster, but it is waay to close to the original.

Weird Al could've forgiven me one way or the other if I did meet him in person after writing that poor parody. And you're right, it is way too close to the original.

Written By: raddog on 01/12/11 at 1:04 pm

Weird Al, I doubt he would even care if that was really him(which I don't believe was the case).

The link is 404'd, what was the OS's and your parody titles?

This OS is Albuquerque and the title of my parody of that song has the word 'Albuquerque' in it. And yes, it's worse than that bc it has too much plagiarism and racism.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/12/11 at 2:05 pm

I stay away from race related themes and such myself.

Well, since it wasn't a recording and you weren't profiting off of it, I don't think anything would've happened. Plus, I don't remember Weird Al posting on Amiright itself. This is mainly since he writes parodies himself, he isn't in the mood to look at what others offer to show him(since it's a career for him, he doesn't want to think about it all the time).

I've also seen other's take his parodies of other songs and still use a decent amount of OS(this being to his parody of Complicated by Avril Lagvine) and no posts threatening with a lawsuit ever happened(I will check here to make sure), so I think the comment was probably from a troll or a hardcore Weird Al fan.

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/avrillavigne247.shtml

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/avrillavigne218.shtml

Both of these used Weird Al's lyrics in them, although the second one(which has comments enabled), does have more orignal lyrics to it. There were no comments for lawsuits on it though. Maybe someone else can help in this if necessary in case I'm missing something.

Apparently he did post here on the messageboards though, as "Yes, weird al himself" for a post, but that could have been anyone(this was involving parody writing and crafting).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/12/11 at 4:17 pm

Note to you: pretty much anytime someone comments on AmIRight under the name of a celebrity, it's a poser.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/12/11 at 10:23 pm

The poster mentioned how there were a different amount of syllables in Beat It when compared to Eat It.

I would love to find the thread, but I forgot exactly what it was called.

(Just to let you know, I wasn't exactly bought into it being him in that thread)

Check for new replies or respond here...