inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Contest Rules

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 01/13/11 at 12:12 pm

Where can I read the Song of The Month contest rules?  ???

Subject: Re: Contest Rules

Written By: Matthias on 01/13/11 at 12:43 pm

On the contest parody page.

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 01/13/11 at 1:16 pm

On the contest parody page.

I looked there, but I couldn't find them.  ???

Written By: jreuben on 01/13/11 at 1:33 pm

Wild Child JIN:  It's on the top of the voting pages (not the entry pages).  Look at the top of the December voting, almost everything is there.

The one thing to add is that any song written/submitted to amiright during that month is eligible (it does need to be submitted to amiright during that month).  For example, any song written/submitted in December is eligible for the December voting thread (the entry thread is posted the first of the next month, i.e. January 1st).  The entry thread runs from the 1st of the month through the 8th, at which point entry is closed and the voting thread is posted.

Subject: Re: Contest Rules - Now I'm really puzzled...

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 01/13/11 at 2:44 pm

I hate to seem like a bother, but this forum is pretty big, and since I have only been here for about 1 1/2 days, I don't know where a thing is or isn't.  :-[ So learning the ropes for me might take a little bit of time. :( Also, it's "Wild Child" not "Wild Card" but it's OK, I know it was a mistake, I am not angry about it.  8)  :)

Written By: jreuben on 01/14/11 at 7:36 am

Oops!  Sorry about the name, my bad.  The December thread is here:  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=42729.0

The contest threads are under Song Parody Contests off the main board (you'll see the link above there)

Subject: Re: Submitting

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 01/14/11 at 8:47 am

I found them, many thanks!  :)  But now I need to know a couple of other things. The first is, do I have to use a given or particular topic chosen here for my parody when I submit it, or can I just use any parody that I have already done at amIright? The second is how and where do I submit my parody?  ??? You might have already told me these, but my short term memory is not so good, in fact, it's terrible.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Submitting

Written By: Matthias on 01/14/11 at 8:55 am

I found them, many thanks!  :)  But now I need to know a couple of other things. The first is, do I have to use a given or particular topic chosen here for my parody when I submit it, or can I just use any parody that I have already done at amIright? The second is how and where do I submit my parody?  ??? You might have already told me these, but my short term memory is not so good, in fact, it's terrible.  :\'(

You can do any topic. AS LONG AS IT WAS WRITTEN DURING THE MONTH. Right now we're going through voting and a page should read "SOTM- Voting Thread" wait until the start of FEB to submit a parody written in JAN. Understand?

A new thread should open and read "SOTM- Entry Thread" in which you submit your song. Make sure to read the voting rules very carefully when the voting thread comes up.

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 01/15/11 at 9:06 am

Thanks to everyone for all their help so far! Things are really beginning to clear up for me now,  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_sunny.gif I just hope they will stay that way.  :-\\

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/15/11 at 7:45 pm

Thanks to everyone for all their help so far! Things are really beginning to clear up for me now,  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_sunny.gif I just hope they will stay that way.  :-\\

Don't worry, we are all here to help you, please check your private messages for more info, and welcome

Check for new replies or respond here...