inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Royalties....

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 01/22/11 at 7:13 am

I have always been wondering this, if I were to want to record and/or perform a parody such on a CD, video, etc... How and where would I start? As it stands now, my karaoke machine is all I have to record anything, and it doesn't work well. I use midi files in which I transfer the trashy sounding music, into pretty good digital music, via a program called "Melody Assistant" which sells for about $40 online. (Extra digital music databases cost more). Because it has it's own music database, I don't hear the cheap sounds like standard midi files sound like. Once I get the music fixed to my liking, then I put it on a CD, 1 track with melody line and another track on the CD without melody line (just backing tracks) then use the karaoke machine to record them, nice setup, huh? ;) So I need to know more about royalties and how to get started, should I choose to do so.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...