inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Musical Comedy Awards 2011

Written By: philbo on 02/03/11 at 6:18 am

http://www.musicalcomedyawards.com/

Well, that's the first heat out of the way, and I'm through to the quarter-finals on 26th Feb

:-)

Some fantastic other acts, though (and the headline act, last year's winner, Abandoman, were really unbelievably good)

Subject: Re: Musical Comedy Awards 2011

Written By: John Jenkins on 02/09/11 at 11:40 pm

Congratulations for making it to the quarter finals!  Too bad this competition didn't happen about 6 months ago.

Good luck the rest of the way!

Written By: philbo on 03/01/11 at 6:34 am

Just to let anyone who's interested know... I crashed out of the competition in the quarter-finals - thought the gig had gone pretty well (and so did lots of other people, unfortunately not quite enough other people)

Most commented-on was possibly the most toe-curlingly awful rendition of Stairway I've managed: when almost every other note you play gets a laugh, you know something's going right.

Written By: John Jenkins on 03/01/11 at 6:06 pm

Actually, I had checked the web site above and, when I didn't see Philbo listed as one of those advancing, I thought I must have misread something.  You'll get 'em next year!

Written By: philbo on 03/02/11 at 5:49 am

:-)

Thanks.. have got some writing to do before next year.

Check for new replies or respond here...