inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Uno-bomber

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 04/10/11 at 8:50 am

I would like to know if anyone may have any solutions as how to stop this uno-bomber from trashing our songs at amIright?  >:(
So, maybe we can get Chucky to possibly do something about it?  ;)

Subject: Re: Uno-bomber

Written By: wildcard on 04/10/11 at 9:02 pm

How can a 1 er trash you song?  I know it can be annoying, but it's their problem isn't it?  I'd never been one bombed in the past, but I wouldn't care. 

No big deal but next time you might want to post amiright stuff in the amiright section.  Not everyone here in the oo's are parodists or look at the parodies.

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 04/11/11 at 6:14 am

How can a 1 er trash you song?   I know it can be annoying, but it's their problem isn't it?  I'd never been one bombed in the past, but I wouldn't care. 

No big deal but next time you might want to post amiright stuff in the amiright section.  Not everyone here in the oo's are parodists or look at the parodies.

Where is the tread exactly to do this?  ???

Written By: karen on 04/11/11 at 8:50 am

Where is the tread exactly to do this?  ???

There is a whole section called

Am I Right  and it has sections titled

am I right Website News & Discussion

Song Lyrics

Song Parodies

Song Parody Contests

One of these will be the appropriate area to discuss topics to do with the Am I Right wesbite.  This particular topic would probably be best in Song Parodies.

Written By: Matthias on 04/11/11 at 11:25 am

This has been going on since the dawn of Amiright. There's no way of changing it... Which is why there are so many parodies that insult the Uno-Bomber. Check them out!  :)

Written By: wildcard on 04/11/11 at 11:31 am

what karen said,  there's a whole divided amiright section. You posted in the playful penguin place, but thats okay.  The 00's  is a great place to post in if you get tired of writing parodies and getting no comments or votes.  Also I think I can talk more about one's, but I'm afraid of            http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/smilie%20land/from%20me%20smilies/bezorgd.gif

Written By: LeMat on 06/10/11 at 8:30 am

Well, at the time of posting this reply, it WAS in the Parody section, so I'm assuming it's been moved and everything is now hunky-dory with replying here. Yes? I'll take that as a yes. ;^) Okay, here goes...

I know how you feel, Jin. Once upon a time, a single Uno-bomber really wouldn't have made much difference to the ratings, because lots of people would be voting, so it would've been phased out pretty quickly. These days, however, there's not so many - if you're lucky you might get 5 or 6 people voting on one of your parodies as opposed to the 20 or more you might have got a couple of years back, which often means that a parody that would otherwise have easily garnered a 555 overall vote doesn't because of that one Uno-bomb vote. Plus; if you upset the Uno-bomber (as I appear to have done... probably after mouthing off about him on one of the voting pages) he then comes back and uno-bombs your most recent parodies over again, to drag the overall score down even further. I never used to take much notice of it - heck, most of the time I just thought it was someone who'd genuinely been upset by the way I'd handled a parody, since I know I sail a bit close to the wind with my humour sometimes and have occasionally picked iconic songs or 'national treasure'-type artists to parody (like Celine Dion and her Titanic Theme, for instance.) But just recently it's become obvious even to me that this isn't just paranoia or even my ego inflating to Kanye-West style proportions; somebody out there is doing it purely to mess with the scores. I have no problem with constructive criticism - heck, I even welcome it - but if someone's gonna give out 111s then I think they should at least have the balls to leave an explanation as to why they think the author got it so wrong.

It worries me because it coincides with the gradual disappearance of so many great parodists from this site - Kristof Robertson, Spaff, Guy DiRito to name but three - and others of equal skill making many fewer and fleeting appearances, such as Airfarcewon, Old Man Ribber, Below Average Dave and many more. If this is what's driving them away you can hardly blame them; why bother posting stuff that you've worked hard on to a site where someone's going to deliberately work on trashing your score for it, when you can just post them somewhere else where that doesn't happen - or just stop posting them at all? Thing is, this site then loses some quality artists, which is always a bad thing.

What I really don't get though, is WHY? If it's another parodist on this site, doing it because he thinks he's in some kind of competition and is hoping it'll swing the scores in his favour (although I struggle to believe any of the regulars I see on AmIRight would do that) then surely even he can see that feeling a need to employ a tactic like that says far more about his parody-writing skills than any votes ever could. If it's just a random reader of parodies, who just likes taking people down a peg or two... well, it's just a big, screaming arrow pointing to the obvious fact that he is greatly lacking a life, and he won't find one sitting in front of his screen anonymously dissing people he's never met or is ever likely to meet. I don't know what the answer is, unfortunately. I admire Andy Primus for actually confronting the Uno-bomber head-on, on the page of one of his parodies. Maybe if we all start doing that... 'united we stand' and all that. I for one certainly don't want to see any more talented parodists just drift away from this site because of one idiot.

ADDED NOTE: I'm using 'he' when referring to the Uno-bomber for simplicity; of course I accept it could just as easily be a female doing this. Or a eunuch, of course ;^)

Written By: wildcard on 06/10/11 at 9:13 pm

yeah LeMat this got relocated to the right place

When I left Kristoff was still there and BADave too.  They did all the new monthly contest things.  It seems that people in these contests don't have time to vote or comment on other parodies because they're too busy judging.

Written By: karen on 06/13/11 at 10:55 am

I seriously don't think parodists have left the boards because of the uno-bomber.  That is giving him far too much credit.

I suspect a little thing called 'life' got in the way of people writing/voting

Check for new replies or respond here...