inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Enjoy The Silence - By Depeche Mode - Parody (Jungle 2 Jungle) WCJ

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 04/21/11 at 7:42 pm

This is a parody that I thought I'd post here due to the fact of all the 1 bombings I have been receiving at amIright.

Original Title: Enjoy The Silence
Original Artist: Depeche Mode
Parody Title: Jungle 2 Jungle
Parody Author: Wild Child JIN

You Tube Link To TOS: http://youtu.be/diT3FvDHMyo

For more information about the movie "Jungle 2 Jungle" you can go to one or both of these links:

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_2_Jungle
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119432/

Siskel & Ebert gave this movie two thumbs down, Especially Siskel, he said it was the worst movie of 1997.  But I disagree totally!  >:( In my most honest and humble opinion, this movie did not suck! :) It was funnier than hell!  :D  ;D
Siskel & Ebert wouldn't know a good movie if it came up and bit them in their butts!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/laughing.gif Anyways, here is the parody:
 http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/warrior.gif

Task I aspire, to bring back fire
From statue in, in village of New York
Promise to me, made wakatepe′
I don’t understand, baboon won’t leave work

All I ever want is, all I ever needed
Is on my island
Touch stick with hand, now I am a man
Now I can do Chief’s plan

(Instrumental Break)

Men who don’t care, buying their shares
Madness on trade floor, profits shrink and grow
You lose you gain, cash down the drain
Beans are seventy, and are getting low

All I ever want is, all I ever need is
Right here in New York
Things got hairy, till baboon marry
Place that he go for broke

(Instrumental Break)

How can I be in, I can’t be in two
Jungles both at once
Things got hairy, baboon didn’t marry
Place that his love was lost

All I ever want is, all I ever needed
Is on my island
Baboon shoot fly, he’s a pinare′
Do our Jungles share bond?

(Instrumental Break)

Jungle 2 Jungle!
Be sure to comment on this nicely, if you please.... ;)  :)
Furniture doesn't talk, but it listens....  ;)
But you can say anything you "wish"  :)

Subject: Re: Enjoy The Silence - By Depeche Mode - Parody (Jungle 2 Jungle) WCJ

Written By: Matthias on 04/22/11 at 10:48 am

Why don't you just put it on Amiright? I don't get it.

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 04/22/11 at 2:51 pm

Why don't you just put it on Amiright? I don't get it.

I changed my mind and did that today, but it won't show up now until Monday, but I'd like to leave it here if I could, it's a really good parody...  :)
The reason I posted it here was written at the top of the parody, I bolded it and made it larger for you Matthias...  :)

Written By: Matthias on 04/23/11 at 12:58 am

The reason I posted it here was written at the top of the parody, I bolded it and made it larger for you Matthias...  :)

Don't worry about 1-bombs. People do it all the time. It's like Trolling on Internet forums it's just a way for stupid people to get under your skin.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/23/11 at 11:23 pm

Yeah, this forum isnt really supposed to be parody posting in the first place. 1bombs often come from freaky fans of the OS who think you have blasphemed on their favorite artiist without any thought given to actual artistry.

Incidentally, I give this parody a 433. Pacing was fine ecept on the lines wiith "island" .  You used too many of the "all I ever needed" lines and I have no clue what this parody is talking about.

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 04/24/11 at 6:29 am

Yeah, this forum isnt really supposed to be parody posting in the first place. 1bombs often come from freaky fans of the OS who think you have blasphemed on their favorite artiist without any thought given to actual artistry.

Incidentally, I give this parody a 433. Pacing was fine ecept on the lines wiith "island" .  You used too many of the "all I ever needed" lines and I have no clue what this parody is talking about.

Yes, I thought the "here on my island" lines should have been "on my island" instead, also, I guess to know what this parody is about, someone would have to have seen the Disney movie "Jungle 2 Jungle" or at least remembered it. I have the movie at home and iTunes also has the movie to, I think for rental or sale, but that's what makes parodies based on movies tough to do, if someone has not seen the movie, then they will get lost as far as the TOC is concerned.

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 04/24/11 at 6:56 am

If anyone thinks that leaving my parody here will detour people from viewing it at amIright, then I will consider removing it. Let me know what you think....  :)

agrimorfee: The line wasn't "all I ever needed" it was "all I ever need is" but you still are right however, I did use it too many times, along with the line "all I ever want is" also.  ;)

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/24/11 at 8:19 am

there is no need to remove it, it's not like you committing a sin by leaving it here, and I dont think you can remove a thread anyway. 8)

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 04/24/11 at 8:28 am

there is no need to remove it, it's not like you committing a sin by leaving it here, and I dont think you can remove a thread anyway. 8)

I didn't mean that I would remove the whole thread, just the parody post, but since you say it's alright to leave it, I will leave it here...  :)  8)

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 04/24/11 at 9:14 am

Yes, I thought the "here on my island" lines should have been "on my island" instead

Really, the way I did the “here on my island” line was like this.  In the line above it, second verse, where it says, “all I ever need is”, that takes the place of “all I ever needed”, I just broke up the “need” and the “ed” and left “need” and changed the “ed” into “is” so the “is” is not part of the next line.  “here on my island” here (is) - on (here) - my (in) - is (my) - land (arms).  That is basically how the pacing went for that line.  ;)

The original lines on the lyric sheet were like this:

All I ever wanted, all I ever needed
is here, in my arms
Words are very, unnecessary
They can only do harm.

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 04/24/11 at 11:36 am

For more information about the movie "Jungle 2 Jungle" you can go to one or both of these links:

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_2_Jungle
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119432/

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 04/27/11 at 6:29 pm

The best thing about putting a parody here, is that I can change it, if I happen to see any mistakes that I've made, unlike amIright, once you post it there, it's unchangeable.  ;)
and who knows? I just might enter this one in the SOTM contest next month. I'll tell ya who knows, me!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/laughing.gif

Written By: Below Average Dave on 04/28/11 at 7:56 pm

Just remember when you post parodies here, you aren't appealing to the majority of AmIRighters--most amirighters--even among veterans over there, actually don't frequent the boards.  Those who do are largely contestants--though not all to be fair--and non parodists who are part of the larger inthe00s community.  As stated earlier, one bombers hit everyone, if you are going to be posting on YouTube, JibJab, Soundclick etc, you have to learn to take those with a grain of salt, they will happen--some people have nothing nice to say and their mom's never taught them the "don't say anything at all" part of it.  That is far from an amiright problem, I take one bombs as a mark of pride--it means I got to somebody enough to where they went out of their way to one bomb me--the parodies of mine with the most one bombs are also my most downloaded  ;)

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/30/11 at 5:55 pm

Posting on the site will encourage you to get it right the first time...hell I have been here since 2004 and made plenty of typograpical errors, even after heavy proofreading. It isnt that big a deal.

Check for new replies or respond here...