inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Arwen Imposter

Written By: Arwen on 05/02/11 at 2:43 pm

Wow...I really HOPE that you all know that I wouldn't write the crap that is all over the recent comments and attributed to me in one form of my name or another.  There are also some stuff ABOUT me, on other folks' work.  I was going to report all of the comments as spam, but the sheer volume of them all, paired with my laziness on a Monday lead me to post a thread here instead. 

Please know that I love you, even when I'm being lamely inactive...and I would never leave such comments on any of your stuff.  :-* :-*

Subject: Re: Arwen Imposter

Written By: wildcard on 05/02/11 at 4:19 pm

I was reading something last night about a possible Arwen imposter that TT had spotted.

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 05/02/11 at 4:46 pm

Wow...I really HOPE that you all know that I wouldn't write the crap that is all over the recent comments and attributed to me in one form of my name or another.  There are also some stuff ABOUT me, on other folks' work.  I was going to report all of the comments as spam, but the sheer volume of them all, paired with my laziness on a Monday lead me to post a thread here instead.  

Please know that I love you, even when I'm being lamely inactive...and I would never leave such comments on any of your stuff.   :-* :-*

I noticed all the goings on there at amIright too, sometimes trolls will impersonate another person in order to get them kicked off, or banned from forums, or sites, believe me I know, I've had a lot of experience in that area of cyber-attack!  I was beginning to wonder if it was the real you, but finally concluded, and now proved that it was not the real you, writing all those spam comments at amIright.  Should the same thing ever happen to me there, it would be the same scenario as you, it would not be me doing it either, I don't like spam, any more than I like spammers or trolls. It was a good idea for you to write your comment  :) now others will finally know that it wasn't you causing all the mayhem at amIright, now as far as stopping whoever it really is, that might be another story altogether.  :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/03/11 at 10:14 am

I went through and cleaned 'em all up this morning.  You don't have to report them all, you just report one and mention there's a ton of 'em and I can sweep them out very quickly.

and by you, I mean anyone who spots the garbage.  if they return I'll step up the reaction to it.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/03/11 at 8:20 pm

I know Arwen would never spam us. Good job cleaning it out Chucky.

Written By: Arwen on 05/04/11 at 3:57 pm

if they return I'll step up the reaction to it.

I'm confident that they will...I get a stream of spam every couple of months...all very similar in nature, with the same kinds of wording, etc.  I'll let you know when/if they are back.

Thanks so much for cleaning it all up!  You're awesome.  :)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/09/11 at 9:20 pm

Yikes, that's scary, I guess I need to keep an eye on latest comments too. . .just in case. . .especially since members who aren't around regularly may not notice their name being mis-used. 

Do you think they targeted you or perhaps it was some random spam site that picked a name that they saw on the site and posted under it to try to make them seem legitimate (this happened back when badave.com was a parody recording promoter site with Matthias' name, someone constantly posted as if they were Matthias, but Matthias would never say 'get bigger breasts affordably, do what I did" because. . .well . . .Matthias doesn't have those, I then found the same IP or similar IPs posting all over my site as Matthias, who's IP at that time I knew fairly well because he and I are friends and his IP posted on the site regularly. . .

Written By: Matthias on 05/10/11 at 11:27 am

Yikes, that's scary, I guess I need to keep an eye on latest comments too. . .just in case. . .especially since members who aren't around regularly may not notice their name being mis-used. 

Do you think they targeted you or perhaps it was some random spam site that picked a name that they saw on the site and posted under it to try to make them seem legitimate (this happened back when badave.com was a parody recording promoter site with Matthias' name, someone constantly posted as if they were Matthias, but Matthias would never say 'get bigger breasts affordably, do what I did" because. . .well . . .Matthias doesn't have those, I then found the same IP or similar IPs posting all over my site as Matthias, who's IP at that time I knew fairly well because he and I are friends and his IP posted on the site regularly. . .

What are you talking about? I have moobs... Nobody would want to get those. Not even if they were affordable.

Written By: Arwen on 05/13/11 at 11:15 am

Do you think they targeted you ...

I get tons of spam comments like these...I think from the same person/persons (based on the content, which is always really attacky, but easily recognizable as the same person)...every couple of months.  Usually, though, the comments are just on my own parodies, and attributed to random names.  This is the first time they've commented on others...under my name.

Written By: LeMat on 05/18/11 at 1:41 pm

Hi Arwen - 'tis Wendy Christopher here... sorry to hear about the spamming problem  :(

There's a song been posted under your name on Amiright today - I read it, but it sounded like you were so unhappy about people saying horrible stuff about you that I didn't know what to say in response, and I certainly felt that rating it might have been a bit insensitive on my part, given the subject matter. Was that the real you posting that? If so, I'm so sorry you've been made to feel that way - no-one deserves abuse like that, least of all you.

Here's hoping that whoever-it-is either gives it up or gets found out.

Written By: Arwen on 05/18/11 at 3:03 pm

Wendy...thanks so much for your concern.  I actually DID write the parody that was posted today.  Unlike the unruly comments, folks can rest assured that any actual parodies attributed to "Arwen" are by me...as parody submission requires a password, while commenting does not.

As for being upset...I'm okay, really.  I was surprised, to be honest, that Tommy Turtle had such harsh things to say about me...(not so much surprise about Adagio telling him that she hates me...I've known that for years)...but I take these types of things in stride.  Sure, I argued about it...but in the end, I wrote the parody, in jest, to display that I don't take myself (and my notorious flirtatious ways) seriously at all...and therefore can't get too worked up about the fact that some folks (who ironically frequent a parody/satire site daily) don't recognize the abundant sarcasm in my tone.

Do I flirt?  Of course I do.  Do I honestly think everyone loves me and will love me because of said flirting?  No.  That's ridiculous.  Do I expect ANYONE to give me special treatment/votes/comments because of my flirting?  Nope.  I know Tommy and crew think I do it to win fans over and to pad my scores...but in all honesty...I don't have the energy to fake it that much.  (I'm not a professional actor, like TT is!)  Really...what you see on the site, (aside from the Middle Earth heritage) is what you get.  It's just who I am.  Both online and in person.  Some people like me.  Some don't.  I'm cool either way. 

Thanks again for your concern.  Feel free to comment/vote on the parody today.  Or don't...whatever you're comfortable with.  :)

Written By: philbo on 05/19/11 at 8:16 am

Do I honestly think everyone loves me and will love me because of said flirting?  No.

But some of us do :)

Written By: Arwen on 05/19/11 at 8:50 am

But some of us do :)

:-*

Written By: LeMat on 05/21/11 at 2:48 pm

As for being upset...I'm okay, really.  I was surprised, to be honest, that Tommy Turtle had such harsh things to say about me...(not so much surprise about Adagio telling him that she hates me...I've known that for years)...but I take these types of things in stride.  Sure, I argued about it...but in the end, I wrote the parody, in jest, to display that I don't take myself (and my notorious flirtatious ways) seriously at all...and therefore can't get too worked up about the fact that some folks (who ironically frequent a parody/satire site daily) don't recognize the abundant sarcasm in my tone. ...

....Thanks again for your concern.  Feel free to comment/vote on the parody today.  Or don't...whatever you're comfortable with.  :)

*Falls over backwards*

TOMMY said stuff? Really? Wow, that's a surprise, I never would have had Tommy down as someone who'd do that. Was this in the forums here? I guess that's the thing with my flitting in and out of AmiRight, I don't keep up with all the internal politics. Wonder how many people I've inadvertently upset that way....  :-\\

Written By: Arwen on 05/21/11 at 6:37 pm

*Falls over backwards*

TOMMY said stuff? Really? Wow, that's a surprise, I never would have had Tommy down as someone who'd do that. Was this in the forums here? I guess that's the thing with my flitting in and out of AmiRight, I don't keep up with all the internal politics. Wonder how many people I've inadvertently upset that way....  :-\\

No...it was in parody comments...a parody that I didn't write and that had nothing to do with me. But someone mentioned me in their comment so he shared his less than flattering opinion of me. Which is fine. I'm cool...and have survived similar things in the past. No biggie.

Check for new replies or respond here...