inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The life of AmIright....

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 06/27/11 at 1:06 pm

This is a question that I have had on my mind for quite awhile concerning AmIright, and it is, "How long has AmIright been around?" to put it simply "When was the grand opening of the site originally?"  :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

Subject: Re: The life of AmIright....

Written By: jreuben on 06/28/11 at 10:49 am

I believe it started around December of 2000.  Before that, Chucky had an inthe80s site that had a small parody section with maybe 13 parodies?  One of mine was a part of that (I've Got To Pee Now).  The date listed for that song on amiright is December 16, 2000, so I'm guessing Chucky put amiright.com around that time, and that oldest of parodies inherited that date.

Written By: philbo on 06/28/11 at 10:56 am

Was I really around that early on?  My first parody is listed as September 2001, less than a year after that.  And less than a fortnight after William Tong's first.

I'd assumed amiright had been going for ages by then.

Written By: jreuben on 06/28/11 at 1:14 pm

S.T.G has songs listed 11-24-2000, slightly earlier than my song was added.  He was definitely one of the early ones.  

However, there are 20 or 30 of S.T.G's songs listed on that date.  So dates might not have been tracked/added until that date, and the site may have been started earlier.

The anniversary of the messageboard is a bit earlier, 01/31/1998 according to this from Chucky in the archives:

Subject: Seven year anniversary of website
Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/05 at 12:50 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe80s/bbs0/wwwboard_1.shtml

I'll probably forget when this rolls around, but I've been working on cleaning up the archives (almost done) and spotted this first test message from when the 80s board got it's first messageboard.

Written By: nally on 06/28/11 at 1:47 pm

This is a question that I have had on my mind for quite awhile concerning AmIright, and it is, "How long has AmIright been around?" to put it simply "When was the grand opening of the site originally?"  :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

I wanna say it was sometime in March or April of 2000. I know that I first discovered it in April, and there was not very much stuff on the site.

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 06/28/11 at 2:19 pm

I came to AmIright in July of 2009, before that, I was not even aware that the site existed.  If it hadn't been for a listing in Google, while searching under the topic "Parodies" I would have never have found it at all, and I gotta admit, finding it was one of the best things I ever did!  :) Hey! 100 posts!! now I can give out Karma!! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hello2.gif

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/28/11 at 2:26 pm

I wanna say it was sometime in March or April of 2000. I know that I first discovered it in April, and there was not very much stuff on the site.

that was the first month.  April 1st, 2000 for all you fools to join up.  Maybe March 29th or there about, but definitely somewhere in that range of dates.  Parodies came along in June or July with the moving of the dozen or so from inthe80s that dated back to 1996.

Written By: nally on 06/28/11 at 2:33 pm

that was the first month.  April 1st, 2000 for all you fools to join up.  Maybe March 29th or there about, but definitely somewhere in that range of dates.  Parodies came along in June or July with the moving of the dozen or so from inthe80s that dated back to 1996.

Thought so. Yeah, it was on April 25th when I first stumbled across it, so it was probably sometime shortly before then when it started.

And I remember the first set of parodies showing up sometime in the summer. (Definitely by July.)

Written By: wildcard on 06/28/11 at 10:51 pm

I came later in 2006.  I put i parody in the search and got Amiright.

Check for new replies or respond here...