inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone up at the Edinburgh Fringe this year?

Written By: philbo on 06/28/11 at 11:00 am

My first time at the Edinburgh Fringe.  Well, my first time performing, anyway (and the last time I was working in the prison by day).

Make that my first and second times:

I'll be performing with the Rrrants collective (http://edinburghfestival.list.co.uk/event/228378-rrrantin-free-at-the-pear-tree/) from 23rd August to 29th at the Pear Tree - that one's a free one.

..plus the 13th August for the Musical Comedy Awards Showcase - that costs, but is a must for any fan of musical comedy.

..as if life weren't busy enough as it is :)

Subject: Re: Anyone up at the Edinburgh Fringe this year?

Written By: EthanM on 07/02/11 at 5:17 pm

Good luck. Sounds like tons of fun but alas pond crossings are quite pricy these days.

Written By: philbo on 07/03/11 at 7:50 am

Good luck. Sounds like tons of fun but alas pond crossings are quite pricy these days.

True..

..at the current rocket-propelled trajectory my musical career is taking, I should be touring the US some time next century ;)

Written By: John Jenkins on 07/07/11 at 2:09 pm

Let me echo Ethan in wishing you good luck and in concluding that the Edinburgh Fringe sounds like a fun event.  We want to make a return trip to the UK sometime but, unfortunately, not this year.

Written By: philbo on 07/08/11 at 4:35 am

Edinburgh Fringe is an awesome event - I speak as someone who's only been there at fringe time once.  So much going on - so many people spending so much money in order to perform, let alone go and watch stuff.

But it seems to be de rigueur for comedians of all stripes these days..

Check for new replies or respond here...