inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: You can tell it's Christmas..

Written By: philbo on 12/22/11 at 4:36 am

..my "12 days of Christmas Spirit" is adding 30-50 hits a day.  Haven't noticed the same happening on any of my other Christmas parodies, though.

Have any of you guys seen anything similar on any of your parodies?

Subject: Re: You can tell it's Christmas..

Written By: Rex on 12/22/11 at 6:13 am

Is there a way to monitor this without checking your total hits every day?  I do see that 5 of my top 10 are all Christmas parodies. And "Silent Fart" has been #1 for a long, long time.

Written By: philbo on 12/22/11 at 7:16 am

Is there a way to monitor this without checking your total hits every day?  I do see that 5 of my top 10 are all Christmas parodies. And "Silent Fart" has been #1 for a long, long time.

You can check a rough daily change by comparing the number of hits shown on your author page with the number on the parody: the former is updated once a day (generally - I assume it's part of the script that runs when the new front page is done).

I don't keep that close a check as a matter of course, but I noticed last year that this one garnered more than a thousand hits over the Christmas period (non-trivial given that I only have a handful of parodies with >1000 hits in the first place), so I thought I'd have a look and see what it was doing this time round.

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/22/11 at 8:19 am

My "We Wish You A White Trash Christmas" (http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/traditional1232.shtml)
is currently my #7 most hit parody, miles away from the 6000+ for "Mad Libs", but the only Christmas-themed one in my top 40.

Check for new replies or respond here...