inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Reading Music Really Helpful For Parodists?

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 02/02/12 at 11:20 am

I'm pretty sure that this question was asked before, but some time ago, and I can't seem to find it on the boards anyplace, anymore, hmmm....  :-\\

But I find that sight reading can be helpful in the pacing of a song if some of the lyrics can't be heard while listening to the original.  For example I was listening to a song and in it I just thought they sang the words "woo hoo" but upon pulling up the music on my computer via MIDI, I saw that where they sang that part there were three notes, and not two notes, indicating that there was three one syllable words there and not two, so upon listening to the music even closer, and reading the original lyrics, a little further up, I noticed the line "ooh woo hoo" and found out that's what they were singing.  So reading music may not be essential to write parody lyrics, but to me, it's very helpful in all respects.  ;)  :)

Subject: Re: Is Reading Music Really Helpful For Parodists?

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 02/02/12 at 11:22 am

Plus I am practically a champion sight reader when it comes to piano and keyboard music, I've been playing the piano since I was five years old.  That would be approximately 34 years now, Wow!  :o

Written By: karen on 02/12/12 at 1:53 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=43950.0

Written By: Wild_Child_JIN on 02/12/12 at 2:21 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=43950.0

Thanks for the link, I will post any replies there from now on....  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...