inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My 10th Anniversary on Amiright

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 02/21/12 at 7:13 pm

Wow! I can't believe it's been ten years (February 10, 2002), since my first three parodies debuted. The first one I wrote was not very good in hindsight, a Survivor parody of "I Will Survive" suggesting that Gaynor would be a contestant on a Celebrity Survivor.

It wasn't until "The Pong Song" debuted in September of '02 that I had my first big hit. Still, I can't get this milestone go quietly. I'm hoping to get some ideas off the ground as they come to me. I know for certain I want to do a fishing parody of Britney Spears's "Big Fat Bass," because the song is just screaming for one.  ;D

Feel free to wish me a happy anniversary and/or reminisce about my old days.  :)

Subject: Re: My 10th Anniversary on Amiright

Written By: nally on 02/22/12 at 11:55 am

Congratz on your 10 years, Chris! I seem to remember you were writing several parodies back in the day.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/22/12 at 10:53 pm

Wow! I can't believe it's been ten years (February 10, 2002), since my first three parodies debuted. The first one I wrote was not very good in hindsight, a Survivor parody of "I Will Survive" suggesting that Gaynor would be a contestant on a Celebrity Survivor.

It wasn't until "The Pong Song" debuted in September of '02 that I had my first big hit. Still, I can't get this milestone go quietly. I'm hoping to get some ideas off the ground as they come to me. I know for certain I want to do a fishing parody of Britney Spears's "Big Fat Bass," because the song is just screaming for one.  ;D

Feel free to wish me a happy anniversary and/or reminisce about my old days.  :)

It is really crazy how fast time goes by. . . isn't it?

Written By: philbo on 02/23/12 at 9:15 am

It is really crazy how fast time goes by. . . isn't it?

Tell me about it..

Another 10th anniversary?  Wow.. and what a bunch of old-timers we've become, eh? :)

Written By: DarkJon64 on 03/07/12 at 1:52 am

Congrats man!

Old timer myself too, first one was Dec. 13th 2000... just submitted my latest tonight to mark my 11 years. I feel old :(

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/09/12 at 8:42 am

Hard to believe it has been that long! I have always admired your creativity & enthusiasm to the art of parody.

Written By: EthanM on 03/25/12 at 12:57 pm

Time flies sometimes, I've got my own tenth in a few months and been slacking with the posting. And the reading.

Written By: 2nz on 03/28/12 at 11:08 am

Congratulations Chris. I'm glad you've stayed active for a lot of the time I've been here. I've watched your parody skills develop over time and I too appreciate your passion for the parody. It's excellent to still see you around.

I've got my tenth next year, later in the year some time I think.

Written By: S.T.G. on 07/02/12 at 10:44 am

CONGRATS Chris.... great job

Written By: Peregrin on 07/07/12 at 4:53 am

A few days late, but congrats, Chris  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...