inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sad truths about my new parody

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/23/12 at 5:32 am

I found out some of you haven't heard the insane rumors about the Illuminati. . .the basis behind my latest release.  YouTube is trolled much harder than any other site, though you'll find Illuminati conspiracy theorists on Wikipedia, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and most other well known social media and networking sites. 

Here is their rationale for claiming Jay-Z and Beyonce's daughter is a member of the Illuminati
http://gawker.com/5874744/jay+z-and-beyonces-daughter-is-almost-definitely-illuminati

Every article I read by them is more bizarre. . .

some of the many "signs" of the Illuminati
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Illuminati/symbols_of_the_illuminati.htm

Keep in mind, we are talking eyes, pyramids, triangles, and hand gestures here.. common geographic shapes and symbolism that predates even the original Illuminati. 

They actually claim the Apple logo (you know an apple with a bite) symbolizes not Apple but the forbidden apple of the Adam & Eve story. . .huh?!?!?!?  CBS apparently is the all seeing eye because it has similarity to it, oh and American online combines it with a pyramid and apparently Texaco is an upside down star that represents Satan. 

Not enough insanity?

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/devil_companies.htm

I could go on and on, but literally the way they see things you really can make an argument that everyone supports the Illuminati who is remotely famous, and that the Illuminati is Satanic. . .of course a quick history on the Illuminati puts a lot of really large holes in their theory:  For example they say Lady Gaga is an "aspiring Queen of the Illuminati", Jay-Z is the king and Beyonce is the Queen, the British Family is the true controlling group and Rihanna is their Princess.  The Illuminati, as originally founded, was against hierarchy of any kind, thus they would not anoint queens, kings, princesses and the like.  Second the original Illuminati, despite popular wide spread belief, was never satanic.  They did not believe in Satan or God, you might compare them to modern day atheists except they were founded in a time when such beliefs could get you killed.  I won't go into detail, but its really scary how many people they have believing that every single president in US history is a member, most if not all billboard artists, worldwide industrial politicians, most actors and actresses, almost every successful corporation, many sports leagues and athletes, and it goes on . . . and on. . .and on.

I don't believe in the Illuminati, the reasoning of every conspiracy believer I have encountered has been some well known symbol that has some supposed meaning other than it's use (Never mind the all mighty eye was a symbol of God before these people ever associated it as a Satanic symbol).  The Illuminati did exist, but was destroyed centuries ago as they were discovered in a time when such beliefs were not just unpopular, but warranted death.  Are there artists who worship Satan or are atheists, undoubtedly on both accounts, but its not some huge organized group that is controlling our minds to worship Satan--controlling us to get our value perhaps--but worship Satan no.  Just my opinion, hope I don't ruffle too many feathers.

Subject: Re: Sad truths about my new parody

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/23/12 at 6:31 am

Oh the references in my song. . .

. . .I have either links, images, or both for every artist, company, celebrity I reference in my songs as to why they supposedly are Illuminati, just ask and I'll provide it.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/24/12 at 11:24 pm

Oh the references in my song. . .

. . .I have either links, images, or both for every artist, company, celebrity I reference in my songs as to why they supposedly are Illuminati, just ask and I'll provide it.

One of the happiest moments of my Internet life was seeing a whole new group of people so crazy they actually invented a whole new set of conspiracy to take seriously, when a couple of <fnord>really bright</fnord> musicians had already made all the best jokes in 1987, lifting the whole yarn from a book written in 1975.  They were Justified, Ancient, and Managed to become one of the first examples of overzealous intellectual property lawyers completely failing to understand the importance of samples in dance music.

http://pics.livejournal.com/suitandtieguy/pic/000st4eh/s640x480.jpg

Anyone wondering WTF is going on?  Click on the pretty picture.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/25/12 at 5:49 am

http://pics.livejournal.com/suitandtieguy/pic/000st4eh/s640x480.jpg

Anyone wondering WTF is going on?  Click on the pretty picture.

That's fantastic, and the "Pyramid Blaster" is no accidental inclusion;)  The really funny thing is, I think the artists are embracing this idea because it gets them free publicity, so these Illuminati nuts are actually helping the artists they say are members (Rihanna even put "Princess of the Illuminati in her S&M video intentionally, and Enrique's "Dirty Dancer" features a prominent seeing eye pyramid on top of a building really early on)

Subject: More Illuminatus Trilogy / Discordian / etc references in pop culture.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/16/12 at 11:36 pm

That's fantastic, and the "Pyramid Blaster" is no accidental inclusion;)  The really funny thing is, I think the artists are embracing this idea because it gets them free publicity, so these Illuminati nuts are actually helping the artists they say are members (Rihanna even put "Princess of the Illuminati in her S&M video intentionally, and Enrique's "Dirty Dancer" features a prominent seeing eye pyramid on top of a building really early on)

More than 20 years ago, another remix was dedicated to The Prettiest One:

Acc_j0nVP2w

"Uh, so chaos, discord, uh, she's, uh,
uh, she's the chick what done it all.
What comes after chaos and discord? Confusion!
And if you weren't (? ?) why? the, uh, sacred number is five instead of eight...
Well, I'm sorry, but, uh, we, we can't, uh, we can't have heresy around here..."

- Sample in the first 30 seconds of Siouxsie and the Banshees, Kiss Them For Me (Kathak Mix) (1991).  Background applause in the first second or two of the track suggests that the sample source may have been recorded at a live spoken word performance before its sampling into the Siouxie track.

I don't know who the sampled speaker in the Siouxsie and the Banshees track was.  I'd bet money that it was one of either Robert Anton Wilson, Greg Hill (aka Malaclypse the Younger), Kerry Wendell Thornley (aka Lord Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst), and I have an offside bet on Timothy Leary.  Can anyone substantiate or refute the source of this obscure sample?

Check for new replies or respond here...