inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chucky G, can you please erase those parodies?

Written By: raddog on 03/16/12 at 10:03 pm

The following song parody is called "Willy Wonka Avenue":

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/thealanparsonsproject27.shtml

And the name of the album is "Willy Wonka Avenue":

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/thealanparsonsproject28.shtml

"Willy Wonka Avenue" does not seem to be like a good name for a song parody or album, because it is plagiarism, meaning that I have totally ripped some words off the title of the Willy Wonka story. I bet that is also the reason why there has been no votes or comments on any of the above two links for the past couple of years. Please get those two links erased, so I can redo the last parody of the Willy Wonka album and rename that album.

Thank you,
Scotty Dangerously

Subject: Re: Chucky G, can you please erase those parodies?

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/21/12 at 2:02 pm

Scotty/Raddog, you aren't plagiarizing anything. You reference a character name, which isn't (usually) trademarked. There is no reason really for you to remove it.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/21/12 at 7:08 pm

The following song parody is called "Willy Wonka Avenue":

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/thealanparsonsproject27.shtml

And the name of the album is "Willy Wonka Avenue":

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/thealanparsonsproject28.shtml

"Willy Wonka Avenue" does not seem to be like a good name for a song parody or album, because it is plagiarism, meaning that I have totally ripped some words off the title of the Willy Wonka story. I bet that is also the reason why there has been no votes or comments on any of the above two links for the past couple of years. Please get those two links erased, so I can redo the last parody of the Willy Wonka album and rename that album.

Thank you,
Scotty Dangerously

I agree with Agri--its not plagiarism, but if you really want it removed for whatever reason you can do so by contacting Chucky directly.  Go to the AmIRight Website News and Discussions board (should be the board two boards above this one) and Chucky's name is all over it, send him a PM that you want to have them deleted and he'll do it, but if you are only doing it because you think it borders plagiarism I'm totally with Agrimorfee--I see nothing about that which renders it plagiarized or inappropriate. . .

Written By: Scotty Dangerously on 03/21/12 at 11:16 pm

Scotty/Raddog, you aren't plagiarizing anything. You reference a character name, which isn't (usually) trademarked. There is no reason really for you to remove it.

You're right. There is no reason for me to delete them. The Willy Wonka album is just fine the way it is.

Written By: raddog on 03/21/12 at 11:23 pm

I agree with Agri--its not plagiarism, but if you really want it removed for whatever reason you can do so by contacting Chucky directly.  Go to the AmIRight Website News and Discussions board (should be the board two boards above this one) and Chucky's name is all over it, send him a PM that you want to have them deleted and he'll do it, but if you are only doing it because you think it borders plagiarism I'm totally with Agrimorfee--I see nothing about that which renders it plagiarized or inappropriate. . .

Actually, i would not worry about having them deleted. It's nobody's fault about me coming up with the name "Willy Wonka Avenue." It does rhyme with "Ammonia Avenue." So plagiarism is not the reason why the album hasn't been getting much attention. It's the fact that the Alan Parsons album is not as popular as MJ's Thriller album or Madonna's Like a Virgin album. What matters the most is I really did my best on my Willy Wonka album. It is just like an Alan Parsons version of the Wonka story.

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/23/12 at 7:25 am

Incidentally, I will give it a read when I have time. It isnt one of my memorable Parsons albums either (I havenet heard it in years) , but you always write interesting work that I  dig.

Check for new replies or respond here...