inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Super Hero White Album Group Project...

Written By: Matthias on 05/22/12 at 3:45 pm

http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Marvel-Superheroes1.jpg

This was thanks to 2nz bringing back the White Album and showing how much fun that album actually is to parody...

I was really thinking about doing this album again because my parody skills have greatly improved since 2005/2006 when I first worked on this project and I was wondering if other people would be interested in it as well.

I needed the topic to be open-ended (in order for there to be enough things to talk about for all 30 songs). I think super heroes is a pretty good topic to work with. Other topics I was thinking about using were Harry Potter (too over done), Horror Movies (too much of my collection already is horror based) and Video Games (not enough people from Amiright know enough about video games for this to work). So it ended up being Super Heroes because everybody knows about Super Heroes and I already have a few ideas for songs...

Once these parodies get done I'm slowly but surely going to mark them off on the list.

Just so everybody knows... Every super hero is open for this project. Doesn't matter if it's Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, Or anything else that you can think of... That's right Conqueror of Parodies if you're reading this Optimus Prime counts!

The only rule to this project is that I want to try to not have any duplicates on Super Heroes... I will allow groups and single parodies of the same hero/ villain... For example if you wanted to do a parody about Arkham Asylum and then you also wanted to do a parody about The Joker... I would allow that but I don't want any two songs about the same hero/ villain.

Anybody interested in joining is more than welcome to!!!

1. "Back In the USSR": "Locked In The Arkham Nut House" (Batman Villains): Matthias
2. "Dear Prudence": "Xavier's Song (Damn Mutants)" (X-Men- Professor X's POV): 2nz
3. "Glass Onion": "Dick Grayson" (Robin): Conqueror of Parodies
4. "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da": "OMG! Oh-La-La! (The Superheroines General Appreciation Song)" (Generic Super Babes): Peter Andersson aka K1chyd
5. "Wild Honey Pie": "Jonah Hex" (Jonah Hex): Matthias
6. "The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill": "The Continuing Story Of Super Mario" (Super Mario): 2nz
7. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps": "I Fight With The Pow'r Of Green" (Green Lantern): Conqueror of Parodies
8. "Happiness Is A Warm Gun": "Revenge Is Made Out Of Guns" (The Punisher): Conqueror of Parodies
9. "Martha My Dear": "Aquaman's Here" (Aquaman): Matthias
10. "I'm So Tired": "That Damn Spider" (Spider-Man): Matthias
11. "Blackbird": "Batman" (Batman): 2nz
12. "Piggies": "Plastic Man" (Plastic Man): Matthias
13. "Rocky Raccoon": "Victor Von Doom" (Doctor Doom): Porfle Popnecker
14. "Don't Pass Me By": "Can't Pass Me By" (The Flash): Porfle Popnecker
15. "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?": "What Will We Do When It Explodes?" (Jor-El, Superman's Dad): Porfle Popnecker
16. "I Will": "My Will (Lex Luther's Theme)" (Lex Luther): Porfle Popnecker
17. "Julia": "Wolverine" (Wolverine): Porfle Popnecker
18. "Birthday": "He's Blade" (Blade): Matthias
19. "Yer Blues": "Hawkeye" (Hawkeye): Matthias
20. "Mother Nature's Son": "Youngblood Really Sucks" (Youngblood): Conqueror of Parodies
21. "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey": "Everybody'd Best Scatter and Hide When Bruce Banner Gets Chunky" (The Incredible Hulk): Porfle Popnecker
22. "Sexy Sadie": "Wonder Woman" (Wonder Woman): Matthias
23. "Helter Skelter": "Fourth Wall Breaker" (Deadpool): Conqueror of Parodies 
24. "Long, Long, Long": "Tough, Rough, Duffman" (Duffman): Matthias
25. "Revolution No. 1": "Evolution X" (X-Men): Porfle Popnecker
26. "Honey Pie": "Kryptonite" (Superman) : Matthias
27. "Savoy Truffle": "Instant Travel" (Nightcrawler) : Blaydeman
28. "Cry Baby Cry": "Fly Herbie Fly" (Herbie/ The Fat Fury): Porfle Popnecker
29. "Revolution No. 9": "Evolution Unbenign" (Justice League and Others): Porfle Popnecker
30. "Good Night": "Rorschach" (The Watchmen): 2nz

BONUS

1. "The Ballad Of John And Yoko": "The Ballad Of Jean And Cyclops" (Jean Gray and Cyclops: X-Men): Onslaught

2. "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da": "Will Bart Be El Barto" (Bartman): Porfle Popnecker

Subject: Re: Super Hero White Album Group Project...

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/22/12 at 6:13 pm

- "Mother Nature's Son" could become "The Last Krypton Son" about Superman
- "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" is just begging to be about the Punisher
- "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey" could become the equally unwieldy "Here's Some Friendly Advice For You: You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry" about the Hulk
- "Helter Skelter" could be "Fourth Wall Breaker" about Deadpool
- "Blackbird" could just be "Batman"
- "Savoy Truffle" could be "Curse You, Richards!" about Doctor Doom
- "Glass Onion" could be "Iron Man"
- and if you really want me to, I guess "The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill" could become "The Continuing Story Of Optimus Prime"

These are just ideas I'm throwing out there, I've only heard one of these songs all the way through (Blackbird), the rest I've only heard snippets, mainly from The Grey Album.

Written By: 2nz on 05/22/12 at 6:37 pm

You know I'm game:

TCOP, if you want to write 'BATMAN' to 'BLACKBIRD' then post here. If not, I'M JUMPING ON THAT ONE.

I'd also like to try:

'DEAR STUDENTS' to 'DEAR PRUDENCE' (same title as PORFs great work, but from the point of view of XAVIER to the X-MEN)

That's all I got for now. I'll keep an eye out.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/22/12 at 7:30 pm

TCOP, if you want to write 'BATMAN' to 'BLACKBIRD' then post here. If not, I'M JUMPING ON THAT ONE.

You feel free to do that one. I think I'll shotgun my Iron Man and Deadpool ideas, as well as "I'm Blind" to "Good Night" about Daredevil.

Anyone wanna try "Captain America" to "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" or "I'm Chill" to "I Will" about Mr. Freeze? I'm happy to serve mainly as an idea font for this, it's kinda fun.

Written By: Matthias on 05/22/12 at 7:46 pm

You feel free to do that one. I think I'll shotgun my Iron Man and Deadpool ideas, as well as "I'm Blind" to "Good Night" about Daredevil.

Anyone wanna try "Captain America" to "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" or "I'm Chill" to "I Will" about Mr. Freeze? I'm happy to serve mainly as an idea font for this, it's kinda fun.

I would love to see you parody some of these songs too Conqueror seeing that you're a Big Beatles fan as well as a Super Hero fan! It would be nice to see as many as people join in on this as possible!

I do like "Here's Some Friendly Advice For You: You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry" but the pacing is a bit off I'd change it to: "Here's some friendly advice: Don't you dare make me angry!"

Or I might do "Don't Piss Me Off" to "Don't Pass Me By" about The Hulk

Written By: Matthias on 05/22/12 at 8:41 pm

I might also do "Stan Lee Cameo" to "Wild Honey Pie" because it's a pointless song that has no point being in the album other than sheer silliness... Kinda like Stan Lee in all of the Marvel movies.

Written By: Matthias on 05/22/12 at 10:32 pm

The Emo Beatles Song... "I'm So Tired" is used to tribute one of the most Emo and Teenage Angsty of Superheroes Spider-Man especially in "Spider-Man 3" (and pretty much all of the movies) when he decides to give up on the whole Superhero business.

That's coming tomorrow...

Called: "That Damn Spider"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_w4KrwqY9Z6I/TEJQcnV75HI/AAAAAAAAAmA/tPAK-wIo3kk/s1600/spiderman3.jpg

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/22/12 at 11:54 pm

I would love to see you parody some of these songs too Conqueror seeing that you're a Big Beatles fan as well as a Super Hero fan! It would be nice to see as many as people join in on this as possible!

The bolded part threw me a little. How do I come off as a big fan of the Beatles exactly? Not that I take offence at that, I'm just wondering. You're right about the superhero thing, though I've only read about...let's see, maybe six comics in my life? Not counting Simpsons comics or webcomics, that is. Thank God for TV Tropes, I guess.

And thanks for the pacing thing, like I said I'm only really familiar with Blackbird (since I've parodied it before and everything) so I was just kinda winging it.

I'll get started on this once my latest Epic 40 goes up (would've been up today, but I submitted it a few minutes too late apparently. Stupid timezones), probably starting with Iron Man for reasons of I'm most familiar with him out of the ideas I plan to do. Mainly cause of the movies.

Written By: Matthias on 05/23/12 at 1:20 am

The bolded part threw me a little. How do I come off as a big fan of the Beatles exactly? Not that I take offence at that, I'm just wondering. You're right about the superhero thing, though I've only read about...let's see, maybe six comics in my life? Not counting Simpsons comics or webcomics, that is. Thank God for TV Tropes, I guess.

And thanks for the pacing thing, like I said I'm only really familiar with Blackbird (since I've parodied it before and everything) so I was just kinda winging it.

I'll get started on this once my latest Epic 40 goes up (would've been up today, but I submitted it a few minutes too late apparently. Stupid timezones), probably starting with Iron Man for reasons of I'm most familiar with him out of the ideas I plan to do. Mainly cause of the movies.

Oh, I just remembered you saying that you were a big Beatles fan when we were doing contests and stuff. I think it was during the British Invasion round of Decathalon or something. I just remembered you mentioning it  :o

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/23/12 at 5:39 am

Oh, I just remembered you saying that you were a big Beatles fan when we were doing contests and stuff. I think it was during the British Invasion round of Decathalon or something. I just remembered you mentioning it  :o

You mean here? I did say how I wanted to parody more Beatles stuff, but nothing about being a big fan.

If I'm coming off as a pedantic prick about this, then I apologise.

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/23/12 at 5:44 am

I don't know how obscure we're allowed to get with this, but I just submitted a parody of "Cry Baby Cry" called "Fly Herbie Fly."  It's about one of my favorite 60s comic book characters, Herbie, who was secretly a superhero known as "The Fat Fury."  (A google image search will yield lots of good pics.)  If the parody isn't quite right for this project, no problem.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/f/fatfury2.jpg

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/23/12 at 8:00 am

I do like "Here's Some Friendly Advice For You: You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry" but the pacing is a bit off I'd change it to: "Here's some friendly advice: Don't you dare make me angry!"

"All You Villains Should Run And Hide If You Dare Get Me Angry" scans and rhymes better. Use that if you wish.

Thanks for the PM, Matthias If I think of something, I will join in.

Written By: Matthias on 05/23/12 at 8:37 am

I don't know how obscure we're allowed to get with this, but I just submitted a parody of "Cry Baby Cry" called "Fly Herbie Fly."  It's about one of my favorite 60s comic book characters, Herbie, who was secretly a superhero known as "The Fat Fury."  (A google image search will yield lots of good pics.)  If the parody isn't quite right for this project, no problem.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/f/fatfury2.jpg

I'm fine with obscurity... I actually enjoy obscurity! It's entertaining!  :)

Written By: Blaydeman on 05/23/12 at 1:21 pm

I've decided to turn "Savoy Truffle" to "Instant Travel" about Nightcrawler, my favorite X-man of all time!

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/23/12 at 2:48 pm

I'm submitting a parody of "I Will" called "My Will (Lex Luthor's Theme)."

Written By: Arwen on 05/23/12 at 3:06 pm

Ooooooohhhh...I want to play!

I need to give it some thought...I'm not so quick with the ideas as some of you, it seems...hahaha...but if I have any genius brain children this afternoon, I'll jump in! 

Thanks, Matty, for keeping me in the loop.  Love you boys!

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/23/12 at 4:21 pm

"All You Villains Should Run And Hide If You Dare Get Me Angry" scans and rhymes better. Use that if you wish.

Or maybe "Everybody's Got Something to Fear After Makin' Me Angry" or "Everyone Should Find Someplace to Hide After Makin' Me Angry."

Written By: Matthias on 05/23/12 at 11:38 pm

Finished "Aquaman's Here" this morning! Should be up tomorrow... Let's see if I can crack anything out tonight as well.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh135/afrikabambaataassf/Wallpapers%20DC%20Comics/Aquaman01.jpg

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/24/12 at 2:31 am

I don't want to hog too many good titles, but I'm about to submit a "Rocky Raccoon" parody called "Victor von Doom."  So hopefully it will get posted in the morning.  Hope nobody else was working on that title yet!

Written By: Matthias on 05/24/12 at 5:34 pm

Got another one completed. This time a tribute to my favorite (but like Porfle's kinda obscure) Superhero: "Plastic Man"

http://www.patfullerton.com/plasticman/pix/2009-dvd-sm.jpg

This is a parody of "Piggies" if somebody else wanted to try to parody it... Just letting you know!

Written By: 2nz on 05/24/12 at 11:09 pm

This project is awesome. Lots of great ideas so far. I'm here to plug tho:

BATMAN to BLACKBIRD
and
DAMN MUTANTS to DEAR PRUDENCE

will be up tomorrow (or at the next posting). YAY.

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/25/12 at 12:38 am

Darn!  I forgot you were doing an X-Men parody and just submitted one myself (to "Revolution 1").  Oh well, you were there first so mine can be an unofficial entry.

Matthias, I love Plastic Man!  I remember when DC was reprinting the Golden Age ones. 

Written By: 2nz on 05/25/12 at 9:53 am

Darn!  I forgot you were doing an X-Men parody and just submitted one myself (to "Revolution 1").  Oh well, you were there first so mine can be an unofficial entry.

Matthias, I love Plastic Man!  I remember when DC was reprinting the Golden Age ones.

There are lots of X-Men, Porf. I think we can share :c]. Mine is mostly from Xavier's perspective, and mentions several X-Men but only briefly.

Written By: Matthias on 05/25/12 at 2:02 pm

You know what... On third reading, I'll allow it. It's a tough call because they are both songs about the X-Men from different POVs (But nobody else is allowed to do a parody about the X-Men as a group. Individuals such as Storm, Wolverine, Gambit, Etc are okay)

I'm feeling generous today!  ;)

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/25/12 at 2:55 pm

Whew, thanks Matthias and 2nz!

BTW, if anyone ever felt like doing another Plastic Man parody sometime, a good OS might be "Plastic Jim" by Sly and the Family Stone.

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/25/12 at 11:43 pm

I just heeded TCOP's advice and submitted a Hulk parody based on "Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey."  Hopefully it will show up on Monday.  (And not suck.)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/26/12 at 12:21 am

My first entry has been written and submitted. Instead of making "Glass Onion" about Iron Man, I made it about Dick Grayson. Partly because it fits the title better, but also because I couldn't come up with an opening line.

I may or may not start writing "Fourth Wall Breaker" later today. I'll definitely come up with some better for Daredevil, as "Good Night" has barely any lyrical content to work with. Maybe "Don't Pass Me By".

Oh, and I shotgun my "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" Captain America parody, just for the pure hilarity of an Australian writing about Captain America.

EDIT: Ooh, ooh! I also shotgun "Youngblood Really Sucks" to "Mother Nature's Son".

Written By: Matthias on 05/26/12 at 1:04 am

My first entry has been written and submitted. Instead of making "Glass Onion" about Iron Man, I made it about Dick Grayson. Partly because it fits the title better, but also because I couldn't come up with an opening line.

I may or may not start writing "Fourth Wall Breaker" later today. I'll definitely come up with some better for Daredevil, as "Good Night" has barely any lyrical content to work with. Maybe "Don't Pass Me By".

Oh, and I shotgun my "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" Captain America parody, just for the pure hilarity of an Australian writing about Captain America.

EDIT: Ooh, ooh! I also shotgun "Youngblood Really Sucks" to "Mother Nature's Son".

I think that "Teen Titans" would also be a pretty good title sub for "Glass Onion" (I might write that one too... Just for fun!)

Yeah... The problem with some of these songs is that there is basically no lyrical content at all (See "Wild Honey Pie", "Long Long Long", "Revolution Number 9" - All you can understand in that one is "Number 9" repeated over and over again, "Why Don't We Do It In The Road", and "Good Night")

But the number of good Beatles songs in this album makes up for that.

Written By: Matthias on 05/26/12 at 1:19 am

Whew, thanks Matthias and 2nz!

BTW, if anyone ever felt like doing another Plastic Man parody sometime, a good OS might be "Plastic Jim" by Sly and the Family Stone.

I think you should totally write that parody Porfle! I would love to read it!

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/26/12 at 2:11 am

I would, except I haven't read a Plastic Man comic since sometime in the 80s!

I may or may not start writing "Fourth Wall Breaker" later today.

That's a coincidence, I just got done a few minutes ago making a series of comics at stripcreator.com called "Harvey Wall Breaker", about a character who breaks the fourth wall.

P.S.  Don't know whether or not Superman's dad Jor-El counts, but I just submitted a song about him called "What Will We Do When It Explodes?" based on "Why Don't We Do It in the Road?"  (Trying to get an early start on getting the White Album's lesser songs out of the way.)

Written By: K1chyd on 05/27/12 at 12:28 pm

Matthias! Forget what I said about The Phantom the other day. I had a better idea on my way to work. Still not sure when I'll find the time to write it, but I'd like to call a 14 day dibs on "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da", if by then I haven't been able to do it I'll release the idea here for anyone else to run with or what I have for a co-op on the rest.

Written By: Matthias on 05/27/12 at 7:15 pm

"Hawkeye" to "Yer Blues" is coming Monday!!!

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/jeremy-renner-is-hawkeye-in-the-avengers-movie.jpg

Written By: Matthias on 05/28/12 at 1:41 am

I have a much less serious Superhero tribute coming tomorrow as well... I guess he's technically a Superhero so it counts...

"Tough, Rough, Duffman" should be up tomorrow!

I pretty much did this one to get that annoyingly short "Long, Long, Long" song out of the way so we can move onto bigger and better things! It actually turned out pretty funny!

http://images.wikia.com/lossimpson/es/images/2/21/Duffman-894114.jpeg

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/28/12 at 3:20 am

I'm submitting a parody of "Don't Pass Me By" about one of my favorite childhood heroes the Flash, called "Can't Pass Me By."

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/28/12 at 5:40 am

My "Dick Grayson" parody should be up tomorrow (a combination of the usual lack of Sunday updates and stupid timezone bullcrap is the reason for the delay), along with "Fourth Wall Breaker", my tribute to Deadpool. Once they're up I'll post 'em here then start work on "Youngblood Really Sucks" since Porfle beat me to "Don't Pass Me By" and Pete wants to do "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da". I still wanna try and do something Captain America related for pure irony purposes, but if someone beats me to that I'll try "I Fight With The Pow'r Of Green" set to "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" about Green Lantern.

Written By: 2nz on 05/28/12 at 7:51 am

I'd like to call The Continuing Story of Super Mario to Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill, that is if SUPER MARIO counts as a superhero. He's mentioned along with other superheroes on the wikis as a 'human' with 'acrobatic powers'. :cD

Written By: Matthias on 05/28/12 at 8:31 am

I'd like to call The Continuing Story of Super Mario to Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill, that is if SUPER MARIO counts as a superhero. He's mentioned along with other superheroes on the wikis as a 'human' with 'acrobatic powers'. :cD

I just posted a parody about Duffman from The Simpsons for this project. Do you really think I'm going to deny Mario's appearance in this project?

Written By: Matthias on 05/28/12 at 9:42 am

"Honey Pie" into "Kryptonite" about Superman is coming tomorrow... Couldn't get that other parody done but perhaps I'll get something for it done tonight.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/101137/2186788-superman_alex_ross.jpg

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/28/12 at 4:16 pm

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/bigimages/grayson3.jpg

Dick Grayson

http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/1/17/DeadpoolYelso20.jpg

Fourth Wall Breaker

Written By: Matthias on 05/28/12 at 10:58 pm

"Locked In The Arkham Nut House"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/ff/BATMANROUGUESUNDERGROUND.png/200px-BATMANROUGUESUNDERGROUND.png

Finally got it done with plenty of Batman villain references... 11 different villains to be exact!

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/29/12 at 3:26 am

I don't think anybody's chomping at the bit to do a "Julia" parody so I'm submitting it as "Wolverine."

Written By: Matthias on 05/29/12 at 8:00 am

I have an idea for a Wonder Woman parody... "Her Weakness Is Some Handcuffs" to "Happiness Is A Warm Gun"

(Might work on that one once I get that blasted "Back In The USSR" parody done since it's been driving me crazy!)

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/3/3/2/91332_v1.jpg

Written By: 2nz on 05/29/12 at 8:40 am

I figure I'll cover the other major Nintendo icon as well. Writing 'PRINCESS ZELDA' to 'SEXY SADIE'

Blayde, how's your 'NIGHTCRAWLER' parody to 'SAVOY TRUFFLE' coming?

Written By: Matthias on 05/29/12 at 10:41 am

I figure I'll cover the other major Nintendo icon as well. Writing 'PRINCESS ZELDA' to 'SEXY SADIE'

Blayde, how's your 'NIGHTCRAWLER' parody to 'SAVOY TRUFFLE' coming?

I can see Super Mario being a Superhero because he has super powers like the ability to shoot fire from his hands and stuff like that but is Princess Zelda really a heroine?

Isn't she really more a Princess Peach in the "Legend of Zelda" video games? More of a damsel in distress than anything? That would mean that Sleeping Beauty is a heroine. Unless there's something about her that I don't know... I'm not really good at those games and haven't got very far in either of them.  :-[

Written By: 2nz on 05/29/12 at 10:59 am

I can see Super Mario being a Superhero because he has super powers like the ability to shoot fire from his hands and stuff like that but is Princess Zelda really a heroine?

Isn't she really more a Princess Peach in the "Legend of Zelda" video games? More of a damsel in distress than anything? That would mean that Sleeping Beauty is a heroine. Unless there's something about her that I don't know... I'm not really good at those games and haven't got very far in either of them.  :-[

That's kinda why I mentioned it. The name was 'ZELDA', but the song would deal with that whole universe and would be from Link's perspective. He's only really super-powered insofar as he has a wealth of items and tools that he somehow always has concealed on him, and he drinks potions like a bastard. And he talks to fairies.

All that said, I didn't find HIS name listed on any superhero lists when I was browsing wiki. I'll hold off on writing anything about that universe and stick to MARIO for now, especially since there are lots of other heroes and universes to hit first.

Written By: Matthias on 05/29/12 at 12:18 pm

That's kinda why I mentioned it. The name was 'ZELDA', but the song would deal with that whole universe and would be from Link's perspective. He's only really super-powered insofar as he has a wealth of items and tools that he somehow always has concealed on him, and he drinks potions like a bastard. And he talks to fairies.

All that said, I didn't find HIS name listed on any superhero lists when I was browsing wiki. I'll hold off on writing anything about that universe and stick to MARIO for now, especially since there are lots of other heroes and universes to hit first.

Yeah, Link always seemed like more a fantasy (Frodo) type of hero instead of a Superhero.

Written By: 2nz on 05/29/12 at 3:08 pm

K, Continuing Story of Super Mario to Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill to post tomorrow. Yay.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/29/12 at 7:32 pm

Well, she's definitely more active than Peach. She helps you in the final battle in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (okay the latter is more the part before the final final battle, but still), she drives most of the plot in Skyward Sword (not in a "save me" sense, but more in a "reincarnation of a goddess whoops spoilers" way) and she's your companion in Spirit Tracks...as a ghost, mind you, but hey, it's better than friggin' Peach.

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/30/12 at 6:11 am

Did you say something?  Sorry, my attention was momentarily distracted by something else.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/30/12 at 8:43 am

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/229/524351-2_super.jpg

Youngblood Really Sucks

Click the picture for video reviews of the worst of Image Comics, who were mresponsible for Youngblood and other horrible 90's comics, which I admit were more the focus of the parody than Youngblood specifically, but that book was their most famous work, so yeah, that's my excuse.

Next: after I finish my entry for 2nz's H2G2 Album Supplemental, I shall parody "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and make it about Green Lantern, or, to be specific, "I Fight With The Pow'r Of Green"

Written By: Onslaught on 05/30/12 at 11:23 am

I am submitting my parody of Savoy Truffle and spotlighting the various aliens which have at one time or another called earth their battleground.

Written By: Matthias on 05/30/12 at 11:52 am

I am submitting my parody of Savoy Truffle and spotlighting the various aliens which have at one time or another called earth their battleground.

Blaydeman already called dibs on that song...  ???

We saved "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" for Peter Andersson... It's kinda like an unwritten rule to reserve songs for people unless they revoke their reservation.

Sorry dude.

Written By: Matthias on 05/30/12 at 11:53 am

I just wrote (it literally took me 12 seconds) two different versions of "Jonah Hex" to "Honey Pie"... One that's a straight tribute and one that makes fun of that terrible, TERRIBLE movie!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9c/JonahHex.jpg/250px-JonahHex.jpg

Written By: Onslaught on 05/30/12 at 1:11 pm

Sorry, I didn't see that, Oh well :-[

Written By: K1chyd on 05/30/12 at 1:22 pm

Just checking in on you guys to say that I have two verses done on Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da and probably some time to work on the rest over the weekend so I think it's gonna happen, i.e keeping the reservation.

Written By: Matthias on 05/30/12 at 2:56 pm

So I was thinking about tackling "Abbey Road" after this one. I wanted to do that for the White Trash album but I got kinda tired of writing parodies about rednecks but Superheroes is a topic that really can't be tapped out and there seems to be a big interest in doing this.

So are you guys up for that too? Cause I sure am! Just let me know!!! The Beatles rock!!!  ;D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fg1NgelQbuc/TeLxkXlZ6-I/AAAAAAAAAXo/i_xX-WRNDrA/s1600/supermanadventures614+beatles.jpg

Note: It doesn't have to be "Abbey Road" if you guys think that a different Beatles album would be better to tackle after this one. It's all up to you guys. Your choice...

Written By: Matthias on 05/30/12 at 5:48 pm

I'm going to take a little break on this for a bit... I think I'm going to finish my parodies for this project with "Her Weakness Is Some Handcuffs" and allow everybody else to finish up their parodies...

I have a couple parodies of "Wild Honey Pie" coming tomorrow because that song is so easy (they're both about Jonah Hex. One straight tribute and one mocking that awful film).

Other than that we'll see what people can come up with. I personally like "Birthday" and can't wait to see what you guys can do with it. Perhaps a tribute to "Jean Gray" or something.

Written By: 2nz on 05/30/12 at 10:22 pm

Just because I've been looking for an excuse to get one of these guys in the project, I'm officially calling:

RORSCHACH to GOOD NIGHT

I'll see what I can do with it over the next few days. Yay, some Watchmen in the house (soon).

Written By: Matthias on 05/30/12 at 11:09 pm

Anybody want to do "Revolution Number 9"? With the whispered lyrics that you can barely hear over the instruments... All you can really hear is a bunch of awkward chords and the words "Number 9" repeated over and over and over again.

I sure don't want to do that one... Any takers?

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/31/12 at 12:31 am

Anybody want to do "Revolution Number 9"? With the whispered lyrics that you can barely hear over the instruments... All you can really hear is a bunch of awkward chords and the words "Number 9" repeated over and over and over again.

I sure don't want to do that one... Any takers?

I doubt if there are any official lyrics but people have tried to transcribe it, resulting in widely varying versions according to Google.  I've seen two or three AIR parodies.  Didn't 2nz recently do one for H2G2?

P.S.  I'm submitting one just in case nobody else wants to, but if somebody does decide to do their own version for the project, then it's fine with me if that one gets used instead.

Written By: K1chyd on 05/31/12 at 7:23 am

I see you guys are already discussing how to solve the "hard" song/songs. I had one more idea on my way to work and actually came here now to suggest it to you for those.

Not gonna do it myself, but if all else fails you could do one about the super smurf:

http://bluebuddies.com/gallery/Smurf_T_Shirt/jpg/Super_Smurf_T-Shirt.jpg

Do it in their own smurfing language and that'll solve all kinds of problems with the lyrics, I think... :-)

Written By: Matthias on 05/31/12 at 9:18 am

I doubt if there are any official lyrics but people have tried to transcribe it, resulting in widely varying versions according to Google.  I've seen two or three AIR parodies.  Didn't 2nz recently do one for H2G2?

P.S.  I'm submitting one just in case nobody else wants to, but if somebody does decide to do their own version for the project, then it's fine with me if that one gets used instead.

I'm going to use yours because the song is a total biatch to do. What should I label this as though? I mean it's mostly Justice League (but is that a Transformers reference in there as well?)

Written By: 2nz on 05/31/12 at 12:14 pm

I'm going to use yours because the song is a total biatch to do. What should I label this as though? I mean it's mostly Justice League (but is that a Transformers reference in there as well?)

Porf, I'm in support of you trying your hand at it. I think you'll do well, and anyways I'm not sure I've got another attempt in me just yet. :c] Good luck man, it is a total biatch. There 'lyrics' to the song posted on many 'lyrics' website for the spoken word, and RED ANT's parody to Rev. 9 helped me out a bunch when I was visualizing and understanding things for mine. Check his out if you haven't yet and want to see somebody who got through the whole thing.

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 05/31/12 at 12:42 pm

Matthias--maybe label it "Justice League, et al", or just "Various"?

2nz--thanks, I read Red Ant's parody and yours for inspiration.

Written By: Steve Bryant on 06/01/12 at 5:59 pm

While My Guitar Gently Weeps becomes While Nightcrawler Gently Creeps

He smells like a fart,
When his body's transported.
While Nightcrawler gently creeps.

He’s tough to track down,
Human efforts are thwarted,
While Nichtcrawler gently creeps.

I don’t know how,
His skin got so blue.
Everyone just knew
He was so strange...

(Working)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/01/12 at 9:32 pm

Hate to break it to you, Steve, but I've already called that particular song and Blaydeman called that character.

Speaking of which "I Fight With The Pow'r Of Green" should be up Monday because of the no-weekend-update thing, along with my H2G2 White Album Supplemental entry.

EDIT: Got a new idea. "Sexy Sadie" shall become a tribute to the unstoppable powerhouse that is...Squirrel Girl. Oh yes. "Talks To Squirrels" coming at a time! Hell, I may just do this later today or tomorrow then it'll be up at the same time as the Green Lantern one.

Written By: Matthias on 06/01/12 at 10:48 pm

I'm switching songs and sticking with the same characters.

I'm going to do "Wonder Woman" to "Sexy Sadie" instead... MUCH easier song to parody!

Written By: Blaydeman on 06/01/12 at 11:32 pm

Yes, apologies Steve, but "Instant Travel" has been submitted and should be up Monday.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/01/12 at 11:34 pm

I'm switching songs and sticking with the same characters.

I'm going to do "Wonder Woman" to "Sexy Sadie" instead... MUCH easier song to parody!

Well crap. Okay, then, I'll take the song that you were trying to do and turn it into "Revenge Is Made Out Of Guns" about the Punisher. Still a Marvel character so that I'm 2 Marvel, 2 DC and 1 misc, and it's still a song that was used on the Grey Album. Huzzah!

Written By: Onslaught on 06/02/12 at 9:42 am

Matthias, if you are going to continue the Beatles/Superheros theme I would like to do the Ballad of John and Yoko.

Written By: Matthias on 06/02/12 at 10:01 am

Matthias, if you are going to continue the Beatles/Superheros theme I would like to do the Ballad of John and Yoko.

Go for it! I might open it up to free play like what 2nz did with his project!

Written By: Onslaught on 06/02/12 at 11:15 am

Good deal, I'll have it ready for Monday.

Written By: Blaydeman on 06/04/12 at 12:13 pm

Here at last! Here at last! Thank Lord Almighty, "Instant Travel"'s here at last!
http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/thebeatles3065.shtml
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/147/8/a/Nightcrawler_BAMF_by_alo4477.jpg

Written By: 2nz on 06/04/12 at 1:18 pm

K, RORSCHACH to GOOD NIGHT will be up at the next update. Yay.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3FHeGFQ0kIc/Tyk9FqIQDFI/AAAAAAAADS8/bjyr1MW-5Kc/s1600/watchmen-simpsons.jpg

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/04/12 at 4:15 pm

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/bigimages/hal-greenlantern.jpg

I Fight With The Pow'r Of Green

Written By: Matthias on 06/04/12 at 11:48 pm

"He's Blade" to "Birthday" is coming soon...

http://www.blademovies.com/images/pictures/comics/large/3.jpg

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/05/12 at 11:18 pm

"Revenge Is Made Out Of Guns" has been submitted. Now to play the waiting game...

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 06/06/12 at 3:50 am

If nobody else has anything planned for "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da", I'm submitting a parody of it starring Bartman.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/06/12 at 4:16 am

If nobody else has anything planned for "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da", I'm submitting a parody of it starring Bartman.

Pretty sure Peter Andersson was working on that...

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 06/06/12 at 4:27 am

D'oh!  I forgot that he had a 14-day dibs on that one.

Oh well, maybe mine can be a bonus track.

Written By: K1chyd on 06/09/12 at 9:33 am

It'll be up Monday I guess, just submitted "OMG! Oh-La-La! (The Superheroines General Appreciation Song)"

Written By: K1chyd on 06/09/12 at 10:52 am

For no special reason other than the LOLs I'm also posting about this picture I came across the other day:

http://i.imgur.com/KLlgo.jpg

Written By: Matthias on 06/11/12 at 10:09 am

With Peter's submittion today this project has sadly finally come to an end. This was even more successful than I could have ever imagined and it was awesome working with all of you!

We might work on another project like this later to a different album perhaps Pink Floyd's "The Wall" or something.

Till then keep fighting for truth, justice and the American Cheese!!!

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 06/11/12 at 11:38 am

Great way to end it!  Thanks Matthias for a project that was, to say the least, inspiring!

Written By: 2nz on 06/11/12 at 2:09 pm

Yeah, Matty. Thanks for heading this project up and again congratulations on how successful it was. I felt quite inspired to retackle the Beatles songs I did, which surprised me since I was very ready to be done with all of them for a long time before this. GREAT GREAT!

Written By: Max Power on 06/22/12 at 4:40 pm

http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Marvel-Superheroes1.jpg

This was thanks to 2nz bringing back the White Album and showing how much fun that album actually is to parody...

I was really thinking about doing this album again because my parody skills have greatly improved since 2005/2006 when I first worked on this project and I was wondering if other people would be interested in it as well.

I needed the topic to be open-ended (in order for there to be enough things to talk about for all 30 songs). I think super heroes is a pretty good topic to work with. Other topics I was thinking about using were Harry Potter (too over done), Horror Movies (too much of my collection already is horror based) and Video Games (not enough people from Amiright know enough about video games for this to work). So it ended up being Super Heroes because everybody knows about Super Heroes and I already have a few ideas for songs...

Once these parodies get done I'm slowly but surely going to mark them off on the list.

Just so everybody knows... Every super hero is open for this project. Doesn't matter if it's Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, Or anything else that you can think of... That's right Conqueror of Parodies if you're reading this Optimus Prime counts!

The only rule to this project is that I want to try to not have any duplicates on Super Heroes... I will allow groups and single parodies of the same hero/ villain... For example if you wanted to do a parody about Arkham Asylum and then you also wanted to do a parody about The Joker... I would allow that but I don't want any two songs about the same hero/ villain.

Anybody interested in joining is more than welcome to!!!

1. "Back In the USSR": "Locked In The Arkham Nut House" (Batman Villains): Matthias
2. "Dear Prudence": "Xavier's Song (Damn Mutants)" (X-Men- Professor X's POV): 2nz
3. "Glass Onion": "Dick Grayson" (Robin): Conqueror of Parodies
4. "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da": "OMG! Oh-La-La! (The Superheroines General Appreciation Song)" (Generic Super Babes): Peter Andersson aka K1chyd
5. "Wild Honey Pie": "Jonah Hex" (Jonah Hex): Matthias
6. "The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill": "The Continuing Story Of Super Mario" (Super Mario): 2nz
7. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps": "I Fight With The Pow'r Of Green" (Green Lantern): Conqueror of Parodies
8. "Happiness Is A Warm Gun": "Revenge Is Made Out Of Guns" (The Punisher): Conqueror of Parodies
9. "Martha My Dear": "Aquaman's Here" (Aquaman): Matthias
10. "I'm So Tired": "That Damn Spider" (Spider-Man): Matthias
11. "Blackbird": "Batman" (Batman): 2nz
12. "Piggies": "Plastic Man" (Plastic Man): Matthias
13. "Rocky Raccoon": "Victor Von Doom" (Doctor Doom): Porfle Popnecker
14. "Don't Pass Me By": "Can't Pass Me By" (The Flash): Porfle Popnecker
15. "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?": "What Will We Do When It Explodes?" (Jor-El, Superman's Dad): Porfle Popnecker
16. "I Will": "My Will (Lex Luther's Theme)" (Lex Luther): Porfle Popnecker
17. "Julia": "Wolverine" (Wolverine): Porfle Popnecker
18. "Birthday": "He's Blade" (Blade): Matthias
19. "Yer Blues": "Hawkeye" (Hawkeye): Matthias
20. "Mother Nature's Son": "Youngblood Really Sucks" (Youngblood): Conqueror of Parodies
21. "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey": "Everybody'd Best Scatter and Hide When Bruce Banner Gets Chunky" (The Incredible Hulk): Porfle Popnecker
22. "Sexy Sadie": "Wonder Woman" (Wonder Woman): Matthias
23. "Helter Skelter": "Fourth Wall Breaker" (Deadpool): Conqueror of Parodies 
24. "Long, Long, Long": "Tough, Rough, Duffman" (Duffman): Matthias
25. "Revolution No. 1": "Evolution X" (X-Men): Porfle Popnecker
26. "Honey Pie": "Kryptonite" (Superman) : Matthias
27. "Savoy Truffle": "Instant Travel" (Nightcrawler) : Blaydeman
28. "Cry Baby Cry": "Fly Herbie Fly" (Herbie/ The Fat Fury): Porfle Popnecker
29. "Revolution No. 9": "Evolution Unbenign" (Justice League and Others): Porfle Popnecker
30. "Good Night": "Rorschach" (The Watchmen): 2nz

BONUS

1. "The Ballad Of John And Yoko": "The Ballad Of Jean And Cyclops" (Jean Gray and Cyclops: X-Men): Onslaught

2. "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da": "Will Bart Be El Barto" (Bartman): Porfle Popnecker

I didn't read through the entire thread so I have to ask.

Did someone do "Glass Onion" parody for Green Lantern yet?

Written By: Max Power on 06/22/12 at 4:41 pm

With Peter's submittion today this project has sadly finally come to an end. This was even more successful than I could have ever imagined and it was awesome working with all of you!

We might work on another project like this later to a different album perhaps Pink Floyd's "The Wall" or something.

Till then keep fighting for truth, justice and the American Cheese!!!

Rats, I'm already too late.

On well, maybe next time if there ever will be.

Check for new replies or respond here...