inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Rule: Mitt Romney parodies must be songs that were performed by Mormons

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/11/12 at 12:15 pm

I'm just kidding of course... but I'm a little surprised there wasn't a rash of Osmond parodies about Mitt.

Subject: Re: New Rule: Mitt Romney parodies must be songs that were performed by Mormons

Written By: warped on 09/11/12 at 12:25 pm

...and with the song "One bad apple", no need to even change the title  ;)

Subject: Re: New Rule: Mitt Romney parodies must be songs that were performed by Mormons

Written By: philbo on 09/12/12 at 11:26 am

Don't really know many Osmonds songs..

Crazy Paul says "waaaa!  waaaa!"

..but that's the only line I know from that one.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/12/12 at 8:14 pm

Don't really know many Osmonds songs..

Crazy Paul says "waaaa!  waaaa!"

..but that's the only line I know from that one.

check out "Crazy Horses"  the only song by them I like.  It's 100% awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiNnDpIW918

Written By: philbo on 09/13/12 at 4:18 am

check out "Crazy Horses"  the only song by them I like.  It's 100% awesome

That's what the "Crazy Paul says.." line was supposed to be set to.  It's probably the only Osmonds song I like, but not enough to actually work out what the words are :-)

Written By: warped on 09/13/12 at 6:43 am

Marie Osmond had a hit with "Paper roses" back in the 70s, I remember it all too well.

Can substitute "Romney/Ryan" for "Paper roses" in the title. Seems to work well.

Romney Ryan
Romney Ryan
What a failure our country will be....

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/13/12 at 7:30 am

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_AfXznngjGw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_AfXznngjGw

Or suppose dig out a Youtube of Donny and Marie's weekly point/counterpoint on the Tv show (which I watched too much) of "She's A Little Bit Country/He's A Little Bit Rock And Roll".

I leave it to my fellow artists to somehow shoehorn Anne and Mitt into that.

Written By: philbo on 09/13/12 at 7:50 am

Or suppose dig out a Youtube of Donny and Marie's weekly point/counterpoint on the Tv show (which I watched too much) of "She's A Little Bit Country/He's A Little Bit Rock And Roll".

I leave it to my fellow artists to somehow shoehorn Anne and Mitt into that.

ROFL.. not sure it'd get through the profanity filter, though :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/13/12 at 1:31 pm

which reminds me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yXrAel0kK8

The original version he did had Ozzy instead of Donnie and was even funnier IMHO.

Check for new replies or respond here...