inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Harry Potter & Star Wars

Written By: Scotty Dangerously on 10/28/13 at 5:06 pm

Completed HP album parodies:

"Stone in the Mirror"
album parody of
"Ghost in the Machine" by The Police
Based on the 1st Book - The Sorcerer's Stone

"Crimes"
album parody of
The '83 album by Genesis
Based on the 2nd Book - The Chamber of Secrets

"Inflatable Curse"
album parody of
"Invisible Touch" by Genesis
Based on 3rd Book - The Prisoner of Azkaban

"Dumbledore's Army"
album parody of
"Synchronicity" by The Police
Based on 5th Book - The Order of the Phoenix

Unfinished HP album parody:

An album parody of "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" by Genesis
Based on 7th Book - The Deathly Hallows

HP album parodies in development on my mind:

A custom album parody containing song parodies of various hits by David Bowie (rumored)
Based on 4th Book

An album parody of "We Can't Dance" by Genesis or whatever it is you suggest....
To be based on 6th Book - The Half-Blood Prince

For the Star Wars album trilogy based on the trilogy with Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, I could parody albums by progressive rock or heavy metal artists, like Genesis, Iron Maiden, etc.

I will be done with school when I get my Master's in December 2013, and I hope my school-free era will give me extra time to write those parodies.

Subject: Re: Harry Potter & Star Wars

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/30/13 at 7:28 am

Are you into Pink Floyd? Their work from Dark Side of the Moon up through The Division Bell might be up your alley for parody writing. Lots of people (including yours truly, natch) have done The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon album parodies, but none for the rest (Wish You Were Here is lacking in lyrics, though--and some clever musician I know of wrote "Dark Side of Naboo" :D). I admire your tenacity and creativity as always, and a masters is nothing to slouch either. Good luck!

Subject: Re: Harry Potter & Star Wars

Written By: Scotty Dangerously on 10/30/13 at 9:14 pm

Are you into Pink Floyd? Their work from Dark Side of the Moon up through The Division Bell might be up your alley for parody writing. Lots of people (including yours truly, natch) have done The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon album parodies, but none for the rest (Wish You Were Here is lacking in lyrics, though--and some clever musician I know of wrote "Dark Side of Naboo" :D). I admire your tenacity and creativity as always, and a masters is nothing to slouch either. Good luck!

Yes, I definitely am into Pink Floyd. I could come up with HP and/or Stars Wars parodies of those PF songs. Thanks for the suggestion

Check for new replies or respond here...