inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: To a T

Written By: K1chyd on 11/02/13 at 10:34 am

First - I'm sketching again! :)

Second - Came across the phrase "To a T", meaning "in every detail" that would be a good suit for a line in the parody I'm working on, but I never heard the phrase before, so I'm asking you guys - do you consider it known enough for use?

http://www.rhymezone.com/r/d=to_a_t

// Peter

Subject: Re: To a T

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/02/13 at 12:35 pm

I have never heard any US person under my age of 42 say it, but I have now and then.

Usually it is said when listing the virtues or advantages of something, concluding with the statement, 'it suits me to a T'.

Written By: Matthias on 11/02/13 at 1:14 pm

I've heard it quite a few times. Never heard anybody say it before I don't think but I've heard the phrase.

Written By: K1chyd on 11/02/13 at 1:23 pm

Thanks guys, the context is bad weather and longing for next summer, I currently have it like this...

On downpours - an embargo
'Til the beaches are back to a T

It's not a stand alone passage of course, the rest of the song too should make it clear this is saying "until next summer" - or so I hope.

// Peter

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/03/13 at 1:08 am

Thanks guys, the context is bad weather and longing for next summer, I currently have it like this...

On downpours - an embargo
'Til the beaches are back to a T

It's not a stand alone passage of course, the rest of the song too should make it clear this is saying "until next summer" - or so I hope.

// Peter

The couplet sounds a little weird, but the point is there I guess. I think you could easily find another one or two words that could fit with a similar meaning.

Written By: K1chyd on 11/03/13 at 1:16 am

The couplet sounds a little weird, but the point is there I guess. I think you could easily find another one or two words that could fit with a similar meaning.

Yeah, hmm... "'Til the blooming is back on the trees" would work too I think, but it doesn't come with the connotation of a right now drenched beach.

Written By: K1chyd on 11/08/13 at 1:06 pm

And here it is; "We're Tired (Sod Off November)", apparently a parody so bad that The One Guy had to dump on it twice!

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/saxon0.shtml

Check for new replies or respond here...