inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tommy Turtle

Written By: John Jenkins on 12/14/13 at 9:23 pm

Over the years, I have exchanged a few emails with Tommy Turtle.  I just received an email from another friend of his letting me know that he passed away on December 2, after a long struggle with cancer.  He brought a lot of talent, creativity, and logic to this site.  When he announced his retirement from submitting parodies to AmiRight 6 months ago, I had no idea he was battling cancer.

AmiRight will miss his witty parodies, footnotes, and comments.  He was a great friend to all on this website.

Subject: Re: Tommy Turtle

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/14/13 at 10:10 pm

I just saw an email from my inbox as well.  He never said anything to me about it, so it's quite the shock at the moment.  I'll have to think of something to do on the site to commemorate him in some way.  He definitely helped out from time to time on the site, so he'll be missed.

Written By: John Jenkins on 12/14/13 at 10:22 pm

Thank you, ChuckyG.  I agree that some kind of commemoration would be appropriate. 

Written By: Matthias on 12/14/13 at 11:09 pm

Oh my god... That is so sad. I remember teasing him because he gave a bunch of people a tribute and I kept playfully bugging him asking where's mine... What a guy. He was hilarious, intelligent and a very likable guy. This is a terrible loss and I really agree that we should find a way to mourn him.

Written By: nally on 12/15/13 at 3:13 pm

I had no idea about this either. :o :\'( Sorry to hear he'd been dealing with this... and my condolences to his family.

Written By: Meriadoc on 12/15/13 at 5:15 pm

Just got the sad news a few moments ago from Pippin. I am sort of in shock as I had not communicated with Tommy for close to a year. We are both so stunned and saddened to hear of his passing.

His parodies were by far some of the very best on the site, and he was always an encouragement to us in our past writing endeavors.

His presence will be sorely missed by us and, I am sure, by all on the site.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/15/13 at 5:22 pm

I have had an idea for adding links to various performers on their artist pages on amiright (ie. on the Duran Duran page, a link to their official web page, and links to their performer page on wikipedia, etc).

Since Tommy constantly had tons of links in his parodies I think it would be cool to name that after him in some fashion

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/16/13 at 7:41 am

I am saddened by this news. TT was an outstanding guy, so intellectual and gentlemanly in matters concerning the art of parody writing and this website.  :\'(

Written By: annimal on 12/16/13 at 11:39 am

Not good news.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/16/13 at 8:53 pm

http://31.media.tumblr.com/9d1d4fafd6dff675dabc1bfa16439dda/tumblr_mnv5c91eoe1qdk7tmo1_500.jpg

RIP, Tommy. I didn't know him well, but we exchanged a few PMs here over the years, and in every exchange he was a gentleman and a scholar. F*bleep*k cancer.

Written By: K1chyd on 12/25/13 at 12:58 pm

R.I.P. Tommy Turtle - You had the Power!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFsTr0kGAqU

Check for new replies or respond here...