inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ONE WEEK NOTICE (Rules, Guidelines and Open Discussion)

Written By: Matthias on 09/18/17 at 11:39 am

ONE WEEK NOTICE RULES/ GUIDELINES & OPEN DISCUSSION

Hello Matthias here,

As a host I decided to help out around here and put together a thread to help out anybody who is interested in challenging themselves to the ONE WEEK NOTICE project. An idea created by Peter Andersson aka K1chyd.

The idea behind this challenge is to gather a group of like minded parody artists to all work on a certain song per week.

The new song is brought to life by a unique host each week.
Peter Andersson began this project with 3 unique tunes and then Agrimorfee joined in and then Matthias.
Anybody who wants to join this challenge is open to! You can even host your first round if you think of a great original song to challenge us to!

The absolutely EASIEST way to jump in on the fun is to HOST a round, because the host can have his parody already written and ready when everyone else gets their ONE WEEK NOTICE!!! Can it be any easier? I don't think so! :)

The guidelines of hosting are...
1. The said host will post the thread with his or her unique song in the subject line.
2. Said unique song cannot be parodied already on Amiright OR if it has it cannot be parodied more than 5 times or by more than 5 parody authors
3. In a perfect world the song that you suggest will be one that has NEVER been done on Amiright before but that might be asking for too much later down the line...
4. Please also choose a unique artist that hasn't been parodied that many times on Amiright before.
5. RAP songs are acceptable but PLEASE don't choose extremely difficult rap songs. Young MC's "Bust A Move" is way easier to parody than Busta Rhymes' "Gimme Some More" for example... Use discretion when choosing a rap song because we don't want to scare any new parody authors away with a round that is too challenging to complete within 1 week.
6. Include the year the song was released (to help out in the submitting process)
7. Include a link to said song (via Soundclick/ Youtube/ Etc.)
8. Include the lyrics to said song (to help out in the writing process)
9. Post a link to the Inthe00s thread on Thursday so it will display on the Amiright front page (to advertise to new parody authors)
10. They aren't required to but it would prove to be most helpful if they would submit the lyrics Thursday evening (to allow more time in the thought process)

The guidelines of writing are...
1. Have fun with it!
2. Make sure that you submit your lyrics on Thursday in order for all our our songs to display on the same day in order to stir up some interest in the project
3. ANYBODY IS FREE TO ENTER!!!

The Hosts Of One Week Notice So Far Have Been...
1. Peter Andersson with "I Miss The Ladies of the Eighties" by Dennis Develin
2. Peter Andersson with "SOS (The Tiger Took My Family" by Dr. Bombay
3. Peter Andersson with "Sleeping My Day Away" by D-A-D
4. Agrimorfee with "Give A Little Love" by Bugsy Malone Soundtrack
5. Matthias with "Keelhauled" by Alestorm
6. Peter Andersson with "My Mama Said" by ABBA
7. Matthias with "The Headless Horseman" by Bing Crosby
8. Agrimorfee with "J Jump" by Joe Raposo
9. Matthias with "Keepin' Halloween Alive" by Alice Cooper
10. Agrimorfee with "My Dog Was Lost But Now He's Found" by The Fiery Furnaces

11. Peter Andersson with "I Don't Wanna Be A Rock N Roll Star" by Peer Günt
12. Matthias with "Feel It Still" by Portugal. The Man
13. Peter Andersson with "Just Came Back" by Colin James
14. Claude Prez with "Mr. Success" by Frank Sinatra
15. Matthias with "This Time Of Year" by Mighty, Mighty Bosstones
16. Agrimorfee with "Thanks For Christmas" by The Three Wise Men (aka XTC)
17. Peter Andersson with "GoGoGo" by Status Quo
18. Matthias with "How Far I'll Go" by Auli'i Cravalho (Moana Soundtrack)
19. Matthias with "Country Girl (Shake It For Me)" by Luke Bryan
20. Jeff Reuben with "I Wanna Go" by Britney Spears

21. Peter Andersson with "Ten O'Clock Postman" by Secret Service
22. Peter Andersson with "You Give Me All I Need" by Scorpions
23. Matthias with "Malibu" by Miley Cyrus
24. Peter Andersson with "Malibu" by Hole
25. Matthias with "This Is Me" from Greatest Showman
26. Matthias with "No Strings Attached" by N*Sync
27. Peter Andersson with "Everywhere I Go" by The Call
28. Agrimorfee with "Superhero Jagganath" by Diablo Swing Orchestra
29. Peter Andersson with "Girls Gone Wild" by Adrenaline Rush
30. Matthias with "Do You Feel It?" by Chaos Chaos
31. Peter Andersson with "Superhero" by Unknown Brain
32. Matthias with "Superman" by Lazlo Bane
33. Agrimorfee with "Deep Six Textbook" by Let's Eat Grandma
34. Matthias with "Sell Out" by Reel Big Fish
35. Matthias with "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" by Cake
36. Peter Andersson with "Gimme Sympathy" by Metric
37. Agrimorfee with "Myxomatosis" by Radiohead
38. Matthias with "Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes" by Jimmy Buffett
39. Peter Andersson with "Best Mistake I Never Made" by Helix
40. Matthias with "Happy Birthday" by Weird Al Yankovic

41. Peter Andersson with "Bang The Rights" by Motorhead
42. Matthias with "So Lonely" by The Police
43. Matthias with "When You Were Young" by The Killers
44. Agrimorfee with "Matilda Mother" by Pink Floyd
45. Peter Andersson with “Only In America” by Magnum
46. Matthias with "Hey Girl" by O.A.R.
47. Peter Andersson with "Well Alright" by Lemmy, Slim Jim & Danny B
48. Agrimorfee with "Shoehorn With Teeth" by They Might Be Giants
49. Matthias with "Feels Like Summer" by Childish Gambino
50. Matthias with "Magic School Bus" by Peter Lurye (Performed by Little Richard)

Here's where we stand right now:

*Starting August 24th - August 31st*
----Matthias is hosting the current week----

*Starting August 31st - September 7th*
-----BREAK FOR MUSICAL DINNER THEATER------

*Starting September 7th - September 14th*
-----Peter Andersson signs up to host this week-----

- Feel free to enter any of the previous week rounds and submit them on Friday.

The primary purpose of this challenge is to hopefully bring some life and camaraderie back into Amiright because lately it has been lacking. Let's make Amiright a family again!

- If anybody has any suggestions on how things should be done or new rules to be implicated please let me know and I will make adjustments to the thread.

Happy Writing!

Subject: Re: ONE WEEK NOTICE (Rules, Guidelines and Open Discussion)

Written By: K1chyd on 09/18/17 at 12:07 pm

Well, maybe you're going a bit wild with the word rules compared to the word guidelines, but then again everything you've summoned up here is totally in tune (no pun intended) with what the three of us have reasoned ourselves to so far over the try-out period. Friday update to Friday update seems to be a format that works - and kudos for pointing out that means posting/submitting Thursday evenings.

Written By: K1chyd on 09/18/17 at 12:35 pm

Here's an important addendum though: The absolutely EASIEST way to jump in on the fun is to HOST a round, because the host can have his parody already written and ready when everyone else gets their ONE WEEK NOTICE!!! Can it be any easier? I don't think so! :)

All you have to do as a host is to give your notice on the first Thursday evening/Friday update, here on the forum and also submitted to the Events Category on the front page of Amiright, then you wait to post your own parody along with everyone else one week later. Whether you write it beforehand or not is up to you, there's no way for anyone else to know unless you tell us so no point in having a rule or even guideline for that part. Me, I had all three for the initial test period already written when I started (but I switched out the third last minute for what I thought would be an easier original to work with).

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/18/17 at 4:22 pm

Kudos to Matty for writing it all out, kudos to Peter for clarifying a few things... 8)

Written By: Matthias on 09/18/17 at 10:51 pm

Hmmmmmm..... On second thought I would like to make an argument for rap. Not all rap is difficult because the style of 80s and early 90s rap is rather easy such as Young MC's "Bust A Move". I agree that some rap could be harder... Should we keep this as a NO or change it to include rap songs that seem easier to parody?

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/19/17 at 12:36 pm

Hmmmmmm..... On second thought I would like to make an argument for rap. Not all rap is difficult because the style of 80s and early 90s rap is rather easy such as Young MC's "Bust A Move". I agree that some rap could be harder... Should we keep this as a NO or change it to include rap songs that seem easier to parody?

It would just make sense to say that the choice of song should be not parodied already and be of reasonable difficulty. Plus, it kind of sounds discriminatory... :-X

Written By: Matthias on 09/19/17 at 12:47 pm

It would just make sense to say that the choice of song should be not parodied already and be of reasonable difficulty. Plus, it kind of sounds discriminatory... :-X

Updated guidelines

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/19/17 at 1:11 pm

Updated guidelines

Google informs me--
"Did you mean Bust A Move by Young MC?"

;)

Written By: Matthias on 09/19/17 at 1:22 pm

Google informs me--
"Did you mean Bust A Move by Young MC?"

;)

See how easy it is to parody! I can do it without even meaning to! lol

Written By: Matthias on 09/20/17 at 7:02 pm

I claim the week of Halloween because I have an idea for a tune that will thrill with ghoulish delight  :D

Written By: K1chyd on 09/21/17 at 12:18 am

I claim the week of Halloween because I have an idea for a tune that will thrill with ghoulish delight  :D

That being a Tuesday this year do you want the writing period/week for the rest of us to fall over it or end on the Friday closest before it?

Friday October 20 (for submissions to the Friday October 27 update)?
Or
Friday October 27 (for submissions to the Friday November 03 update)?

Written By: Matthias on 09/21/17 at 6:22 am

That being a Tuesday this year do you want the writing period/week for the rest of us to fall over it or end on the Friday closest before it?

Friday October 20 (for submissions to the Friday October 27 update)?
Or
Friday October 27 (for submissions to the Friday November 03 update)?

October 20-27

Written By: Matthias on 09/26/17 at 1:16 pm

Who wants to host the two open rounds? Phil Alexander is joining us which is awesome and I would like to see him choose a song for us to play with.
I'm doing something around Halloween time but if nobody else wants to host before my time again I would be happy to choose another song for you guys!

Please let me know what you all want to do so I can keep this updated.

Thanks!

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/26/17 at 2:44 pm

Who wants to host the two open rounds? Phil Alexander is joining us which is awesome and I would like to see him choose a song for us to play with.
I'm doing something around Halloween time but if nobody else wants to host before my time again I would be happy to choose another song for you guys!

Please let me know what you all want to do so I can keep this updated.

Thanks!

I nominate you and Phil! I need to figure out my next song choice when I have more time.

Written By: Matthias on 09/26/17 at 2:45 pm

I nominate you and Phil! I need to figure out my next song choice when I have more time.

That's fine. I have a bunch of song ideas in the works...

I'll host the week of October 6th

Written By: philbo on 09/27/17 at 4:25 pm

:-) <waves>

What would people think about a beat poetry parody? There's an Antipoet tune I've been thinking of having a play with (& it'll be great not to be the only person on Amiright to have parodied Paul's lyrics.. some other friends have done some rather epic Antipoet parodies, but you'll only ever see them at Antipoet gigs)

SIl_SgZq9D8

Written By: Matthias on 09/27/17 at 5:35 pm

:-) <waves>

What would people think about a beat poetry parody? There's an Antipoet tune I've been thinking of having a play with (& it'll be great not to be the only person on Amiright to have parodied Paul's lyrics.. some other friends have done some rather epic Antipoet parodies, but you'll only ever see them at Antipoet gigs)

SIl_SgZq9D8

These are the only guidelines we have on song selection...

1. Said unique song cannot be parodied already on Amiright OR if it has it cannot be parodied more than 5 times or by more than 5 parody authors
2. In a perfect world the song that you suggest will be one that has NEVER been done on Amiright before but that might be asking for too much later down the line...
3. Please also choose a unique artist that hasn't been parodied that many times on Amiright before.

As long as you follow these guidelines it's all good with me

:)

Written By: K1chyd on 09/27/17 at 10:44 pm

If the lyrics can't be found online already it would be greatly appreciated if you typed them out for us like I did with the very first song chosen for this One Week Notice thing. Beyond that it'll work itself out, if you think the rest of us can get it done in one week we'll try and see what happens.

Written By: philbo on 09/28/17 at 4:47 pm

I've just typed up the lyrics (about 90% right from memory.. I think I know most of Paul's words better than he does) - shall I take on the one for the 13th Oct, then?  As far as I'm aware, this is one that hasn't been parodied by anybody before, and not only on Amiright :)

Written By: Matthias on 09/28/17 at 7:38 pm

Updated the thread and the week of October 27th - November 3rd is now available for hosting...

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/05/17 at 12:38 pm

Updated the thread and the week of October 27th - November 3rd is now available for hosting...

Let me take it!

Written By: Matthias on 10/05/17 at 12:48 pm

Let me take it!

Perfect!

Written By: K1chyd on 10/05/17 at 1:06 pm

I'll take the next one after that, November 03.

But if a new host wants in on the fun that particular week I can postpone to a later date.

Written By: Matthias on 10/05/17 at 7:45 pm

I'll do the November 10th round. Middle of November a good time to start rolling out the undone Christmas tunes.

Written By: philbo on 10/09/17 at 5:36 pm

Sorry, folks: real life has rather caught up with me: started a new job last week, have something on every night this week except Wednesday and jetting of for what will be a much-needed holiday by then on Tuesday (17th).  Can I swap my week starting for one a little bit later, please? I have no idea whether I'll be anywhere near an internet connection that week.

Written By: K1chyd on 10/10/17 at 1:06 pm

Sorry, folks: real life has rather caught up with me: started a new job last week, have something on every night this week except Wednesday and jetting of for what will be a much-needed holiday by then on Tuesday (17th).  Can I swap my week starting for one a little bit later, please? I have no idea whether I'll be anywhere near an internet connection that week.

Nothing wrong with a rest week now and then, that I've learned from my jogging habit, and we'll probably need to have one or two rest weeks by Christmas anyway so I'm okey with relaxing about it now already if you can't make it as planned. If nothing else it gives me (and Matthias and Agrimorfee) an opportunity to try to write and put a few ditties of or own "in the drawer" as backups for future hostings (and maybe future situations like this).

That said, if any of you new writers wanna take this opportunity to join in and host a round for the first time - then this Friday is now open! Matthias' instructions above seems pretty clear to me, but of course we'll help by answering any questions if need be to help get you started.

Written By: Matthias on 10/10/17 at 4:08 pm

Nothing wrong with a rest week now and then, that I've learned from my jogging habit, and we'll probably need to have one or two rest weeks by Christmas anyway so I'm okey with relaxing about it now already if you can't make it as planned. If nothing else it gives me (and Matthias and Agrimorfee) an opportunity to try to write and put a few ditties of or own "in the drawer" as backups for future hostings (and maybe future situations like this).

That said, if any of you new writers wanna take this opportunity to join in and host a round for the first time - then this Friday is now open! Matthias' instructions above seems pretty clear to me, but of course we'll help by answering any questions if need be to help get you started.

Who wants to take Phil's spot? I don't want to go 3 weeks in a row. It seems unfair to you guys

Hopefully you'll still be able to enter a "Headless Horseman" parody or else we'll have to call you the "Jokeless Wordsmith" for this round at least...

Written By: Matthias on 10/12/17 at 6:42 am

No answer... I can move my week up a notch if needbe? What do you guys want to do?

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/12/17 at 8:49 am

No answer... I can move my week up a notch if needbe? What do you guys want to do?

I will step in. I was working on this by myself, but I am willing to share. This was a #1 hit in the country and NO ONE has parodied it yet!
"Bodac Yellow"-- Cardi B
BUT IF ANY OF YOU FEEL THIS WOULD BE A BAD CHOICE...

Written By: Matthias on 10/12/17 at 9:53 am

I will step in. I was working on this by myself, but I am willing to share. This was a #1 hit in the country and NO ONE has parodied it yet!
"Bodac Yellow"-- Cardi B
BUT IF ANY OF YOU FEEL THIS WOULD BE A BAD CHOICE...

Sooooooo.... I gave this tune some thought and this is my result...

Personally, I'm not afraid of a challenge but this is exactly what I was afraid of and instituted the "No Rap" rule originally

This song seems difficult to complete in the course of 1 week for most people. I'm not afraid of a challenge and "Keelhauled" + "Headless Horseman" weren't exactly EASY tunes to parody compared to "My Mama Said" for example BUT this one looks really HARD.

The thing that scares me off from this tune is the fact that "Bodac Yellow" never appears in the lyrics (so coming up with a sub for that is pointless)

The chorus seems to focus on "bloody shoes", "money moves", "money move"... Which seems difficult to rhyme as well (Fugly Dudes? Perhaps...)

I do like the fact that it was a Number 1 song in the country and it hasn't been done yet BUT I'm not sure if it's right for this kind of competition...

I'd be on-board because I've done difficult songs like this before BUT my writing is limited at the moment (Only able to do it during slow times at work so I'm not sure if I would be able to complete this one).

I'm curious to see what Peter Andersson will say...

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/12/17 at 10:46 am

With one dissenting vote, I respectfully and cordially withdraw the nomination.  :)

If i think of a better tune today (I'm doing this during work, too!), I will hop back in unless you guys volunteer first.

Written By: Matthias on 10/12/17 at 11:09 am

With one dissenting vote, I respectfully and cordially withdraw the nomination.  :)

If i think of a better tune today (I'm doing this during work, too!), I will hop back in unless you guys volunteer first.

Don't you have any of your crazy tunes still unparodied? Nina Hagen style? lol

What about a Gogol Bordello song or a Residents song or a Primus song?

I would love to see you host but that one looked a bit too hard... Sorry  :-\\

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/12/17 at 12:40 pm

Don't you have any of your crazy tunes still unparodied? Nina Hagen style? lol

What about a Gogol Bordello song or a Residents song or a Primus song?

I would love to see you host but that one looked a bit too hard... Sorry  :-\\

LOL--no more Nina Hagen, everything else she does will be TOO HARD or even IMPOSSIBLE.
(Just for laughs, check out an IMPOSSIBLE OS to parody-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L_ODTfmKv4  --if ANYONE ever completes that, I will eat my hat.)

I want to keep Gogol Bordello for Artistry. And Residents are either TOO hard (very wordy)or TOO easy (short). Primus might be easy...but not necessarily fun to do, given their tendency to jam more than sing.

What to do... :-\\

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/12/17 at 12:50 pm

I got it! Creating the thread.

Written By: Matthias on 11/02/17 at 7:50 pm

Updated.

We have a few open rounds coming up if anybody is interested....

Any takers???

Written By: c4p on 11/02/17 at 9:10 pm

I'll take Nov 17th if it's still available. As long as it doesn't HAVE to be a Christmas song

Written By: K1chyd on 11/05/17 at 3:27 am

I'll take Nov 17th if it's still available. As long as it doesn't HAVE to be a Christmas song

And I'll take November 24. :)

Also I can be the back-up for hosting a round later in December.

Written By: c4p on 11/05/17 at 6:34 am

Oops - just realized this is Thanksgiving week.  Going to be really busy then so I’m afraid I’m going to have to bow out, I doubt I can participate then, let alone host.  Sorry about that.

Written By: K1chyd on 11/05/17 at 8:33 am

Oops - just realized this is Thanksgiving week.  Going to be really busy then so I’m afraid I’m going to have to bow out, I doubt I can participate then, let alone host.  Sorry about that.

Hey Claude! We can switch weeks. OK?

And before you answer; remember that hosting can be easier than participating when someone else hosts - because you can write your own parody for your host week in advance.

Written By: c4p on 11/05/17 at 8:58 am

Hey Claude! We can switch weeks. OK?

And before you answer; remember that hosting can be easier than participating when someone else hosts - because you can write your own parody for your host week in advance.

So a week later, then?  I can do that.  So if I understand correctly, my week to host is now the 24th, for the parodies going up on December 1st.  Works for me; thank you.

Written By: Matthias on 11/05/17 at 11:18 am

Updated and I'll take the week of December 1st

Written By: K1chyd on 11/09/17 at 10:09 pm

Having slept on it I'll post this on both current threads - and the general discussion thread - please post any responses HERE.

A parody of half an OS is IMHO still a legit parody!

Because a One Week Notice is NOT a competition

When I started the One Week Notice i deliberatelly wanted it to be fast and loose on the rules, so that it would be easier to make necessary adjustments as we move along, and without looking it up I feel pretty certain that I even stated that I prefer the word guidelines over the word rules.

This might be one of those moments when looking at it that way comes in handy. I don't want a rule against long songs, then again I do see them as even harder for newbies, so if a veteran feels that a song is hard for him it's probably a safe bet that no newbies will enter that week (and we've not been very successful with that bit so far anyway). Obviously a veteran will prefer to do a whole song, we might just be wired that way - but having thought about it I now think it's for the best of OWNs continuation, and possible attractiveness to newbies, to relax a little on that bit.

And it's not just a matter of time constraints and ability - not all parody ideas can be milked and stretched out over a full original song - us veterans know this, having scratched many an idea early on that count alone, right?

So I simply suggest we all accept parodies that stop short of the full original song. Two verses and two choruses out of three or four - totally fine by me from now on!

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/10/17 at 8:44 am

Peter, in your last post, it sounds as though you are essentially accepting parody fragments as acceptable submissions. That is a no-no as far as I'm concerned, not that this would stop anyone from doing so--and that is an issue for Chucky to determine anyway.

I don't understand why you are putting it out there. If it is simply an attempt to garner more participation in OWN, that isn't really going to make a difference. I think it's the obscurity of song choice, and the lack of people who really understand why we are doing this--or care-- that prevents more participation. I'm not saying people don't care about Amiright, but other authors have different priorities about what they want from the site and their need to be creative--and I am sure they have different capabilities of researching, printing lyric sheets and listening to YouTube. (like myself, I was unable to actively surf and post for nearly a year when I lost my job in 2009).

I would love to see folks like the recent noobie Amazing Logan jump in on this, but that will be his choice.

Written By: Matthias on 11/10/17 at 8:55 am

Peter, in your last post, it sounds as though you are essentially accepting parody fragments as acceptable submissions. That is a no-no as far as I'm concerned, not that this would stop anyone from doing so--and that is an issue for Chucky to determine anyway.

I don't understand why you are putting it out there. If it is simply an attempt to garner more participation in OWN, that isn't really going to make a difference. I think it's the obscurity of song choice, and the lack of people who really understand why we are doing this--or care-- that prevents more participation. I'm not saying people don't care about Amiright, but other authors have different priorities about what they want from the site and their need to be creative--and I am sure they have different capabilities of researching, printing lyric sheets and listening to YouTube. I would love to see the recent noobie Amazing Logan jump in on this, but that is his choice.

This is why I chose a Top 100 Billboard song for the current round. I want to see people who write those kind of songs aka Conqueror of Parodies, Ethan Mawyer & Jeff Reuben to join us in OWN.

I also agree with Agrimorfee and say that laziness should not be tolerated. If you can't change choruses into something different each time... Fine... But AT LEAST complete the damn thing. I know MAD TV did half parodies and that ALWAYS bugged me. Even Weird Al didn't do the entire song for Royals or Fancy but I suppose that's different because he has a band performing so it works but it still bugs me that it isn't complete.

I VETO this guideline change as well.

Written By: K1chyd on 11/10/17 at 11:07 am

Well, we came very close to having only two submissions this week, and I figured we oughta adress the issue now before next time that happens, with Christmas coming up we'll all have way more social obligations and less time on our hands for those weeks anyway. Might have overreacted a bit though, I'm not having the best of weeks on a personal level.

So to be clear: I have always set out to do whole songs, and I will always continue to aim for that, and I wouldn't encourage anyone to start out a parody with lower ambitions than that - OK?

Falling short of those goals because of time constraints and/or life getting in the way is a different matter here with OWN methinks. Posting on the same day is kinda the point. If the submission window is running out, and one is sitting with the first two thirds written OK but are stuck on the rest, why not submit it for the intended day (as long as there's at least a coherent theme going). A few words in the intro about it being short would be preferable of course.

Written By: c4p on 11/10/17 at 11:44 am

Guess I should weigh in.  I agree with Peter that the greatest value of OWN is to have everyone do the same song on the same day -- it's really nice to know that there will be others who definitely KTOS -- and really interesting to see the different approaches to a song that probably hasn't been parodied anywhere before, ever. 

That said, I submit that if you really want to do a challenge designed to attract newbies, forcing them to familiarize themselves with a song they've never heard, and write a parody of it that will appear on the same exact day as a bunch of other veterans' takes on the same song, might be asking a lot.  If anything, a challenge designed for a newbie would ideally highlight an original song that's been done a lot and is notoriously difficult to screw up (Supercal comes to mind).  Just a thought.

As far as parody fragments, that doesn't really matter to me.  My concern with any parody I submit is that is has my name on it so I need to be happy with it.  I want OWN to continue so I'll try to participate, but if I'm not happy with what I come up with, I'm just going to have to sit out.  Not gonna post half a song of crap just to make a quota. It'll be a full song of crap from me or nothing, dammit! 

Anyway, my lunchtime is over so gonna go back to work now.

Written By: Matthias on 11/11/17 at 4:05 pm

I complied a list of about 130 songs never done before on Amiright by various artists....

Anybody interested in this list (Not able to come up with a song for a week) please PM me and I'll let you know what I came up with... Should be plenty of options here...

Written By: K1chyd on 11/12/17 at 2:02 am

Good idea Matthias! My own cassette archeology has this far not been as successful as expected. I was back then heavily into even harder rock than I've picked here so far, and my girlfriends in the 90s were into Europop/Eurodisco (that was almost the only thing on radio over here for a couple of years), a genre usually both repetetive and sung too fast to be any fun to work with (though great to dance to at clubs), like this one that was a huge hit in Sweden and that I probably would pick for a round otherwise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w1HeDqYCU4

Written By: Matthias on 11/16/17 at 8:51 am

I spoke to Below Average Dave yesterday about this challenge and we've come to an agreement that this OWN challenge is a great way to get new people involved HOWEVER the songs we've been choosing are uncovered indie songs or distant rock songs that nobody has really heard of.

I am to blame an extent here as well with choosing Alice Cooper's somewhat recent hit (for Halloween) and an Alestorm song (which is a band most people haven't heard of).

We spoke and we think that the best way of getting new people involved here would be by choosing songs that have more mainstream airplay. My "Feel It Still" submission was a good choice (in his eyes) because it is a hit that is NOW number 7 on Billboard's Top 100. Thus more people who don't really come to Amiright (aka newbies) would be more inclined to do something like this rather than Alestorm (which is a song that most people don't know).

I like the idea of doing songs that haven't been done to death so I don't want to change that BUT we should make this more friendly to new writers by choosing songs that they know (but haven't been too much or at all here)

Just wanted to see what your opinion on this would be? Do you think it's a good idea to do it this way? Like I said I have a collection of songs that are popular but not done on Amiright yet.

Please let me know.

Written By: K1chyd on 11/16/17 at 10:33 am

I've been thinking along those lines too. Not gonna swear off the obscure riff-based metal stuff completely for the long haul, but you'll be happy to know I've already scratched Norweigan Black Metal from my present-all-Scandinavian specialities list - AND it's effing hard to find ANYTHING good from the Faroe Islands or the Åland Islands anyway! :D

With more hosts would come more diversity anyway I guess. If it remained just the three of us who've taken it on so far it would probably get predictable in the long run (I'm curious to see what host #4, Claude, will choose for his first round next week).

I'll see if I can pick more well known artists, or maybe even old billboard charters, I already have for this week as you'll find out in a few minutes, but I'll leave the current billboard watch to you guys.

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/16/17 at 11:31 am

The difficulty is getting people to participate, and I don't think it has anything do with our obscure choices of music.

One of us should write an intro linking this thread (or a new Entry Thread?) at the Events page for the next OWN that  feels totally inclusive, inviting and advertises the fact someone can choose the next group write. (I can't do this right now...).

Subsequent OWN entry Hosts should  then add a remark for each Entry Thread--or perhaps on their submitted parody page in their comments section-- something along the lines of "Do you want to decide the next OWN song? Well, request it at !" We will also probably need to start making a master list of writers requesting to host, and also be willing to be bumped up if someone fails to show up for the next one.

Written By: c4p on 11/16/17 at 11:47 am

(I'm curious to see what host #4, Claude, will choose for his first round next week).

I have it narrowed down to two:  one an older artist who's had stuff parodied hundreds of times here, but none of this particular song, which is one of my favorites by this artist, though not a hit I don't think.  The other is a current artist who's also been parodied here plenty, though I was surprised to see that this song hadn't been done yet; I thought it was a hit.  Leaning toward the older artist though, because my main criteria is I want it to be fun and fairly easy to parody, which to me mainly means lots and lots of rhyming.  Couplets are my parody lifeblood; I get lost if a line doesn't rhyme with anything.

So as far as Matthias' discussion, I think it really depends on what your goal is.  I love OWN as a way to bring camaraderie and overall positivity to the site -- it's essentially a guaranteed lovefest every week, and to me the important thing is we're all doing the same song on the same day.  I do think if you want more people to participate, avoiding obscure stuff is a good idea, but I think in general the more fun we're having, the more people will want to join us no matter what we're doing. 

So in that regard, maybe the best way to attract people -- new and old alike -- is to give attention to the parodies they're already writing.  And of course plugging OWN while we're at it.  I guess I've been thinking about that a lot lately -- if I really want more people to start participating here, I really should put in the time to comment more.  Like the way Agri commented on the newbie today; more of that could pay off in the long run, I think.  Does any of this make sense?  Feel like I'm just rambling now.

Written By: K1chyd on 11/16/17 at 1:08 pm

One of us should write an intro linking this thread (or a new Entry Thread?) at the Events page for the next OWN that  feels totally inclusive, inviting and advertises the fact someone can choose the next group write. (I can't do this right now...).

Maybe ask Chucky to let One Week Notice become it's own category on the front page? With a short inviting intro, a few lines along what you suggest here, maybe on top of or even instead of the Event Section (which was pretty much dead before I started OWN anyway - the top post was 14 months old or something like that by then).

Matthias - Can you bounce this idea with Dave the moderator?

Written By: K1chyd on 11/23/17 at 8:18 am

New Subject: Should we change to a Monday to Monday schedule?

The current Holiday trouble several people seems to have got me thinking, and I can see several benefits: The posting window will be longer, basically always all weekend. // Mondays are less likely to fall on a Holiday for those posting from work, and even if one does get it in late Monday morning it will only show up one day late instead of three. // Chucky don't usually cancel a Monday update because it falls near a Holiday, but sometimes he does that with other days, especially Fridays I think. // Newbies are probably more prone to write over the weekend, judging from the number of such submissions for Mondays. // The total writing period available will still be one week for those who catch the new OWN on the first day. // Etc.

I don't wanna change guidelines/rules midgame, so no change until at least the regulars have weight in etc.

Opinions on this?

Written By: Matthias on 11/23/17 at 10:26 am

I agree with this rule change. While I like our parodies being up all weekend most of the action happens on Friday and then is forgotten about until Mondays upload. So I agree that moving it to Monday would be great because we would get the weekend to write it or flesh it out.

Written By: Matthias on 11/23/17 at 12:59 pm

My OWN song for this week will be up on Monday. Sorry about that but my lyrics are on my work computer and they're closed today.

Written By: c4p on 11/23/17 at 2:07 pm

My OWN song for this week will be up on Monday. Sorry about that but my lyrics are on my work computer and they're closed today.

Well, I didn't know if I'd have one this week but I actually do.  If Peter hasn't submitted his yet, do we want to wait and switch to Monday this week?  I'll give you some time to reply before I submit mine.

Written By: Matthias on 11/23/17 at 4:02 pm

Well, I didn't know if I'd have one this week but I actually do.  If Peter hasn't submitted his yet, do we want to wait and switch to Monday this week?  I'll give you some time to reply before I submit mine.

That was my suggestion but Peter didn't want to change things mid-game. With the holiday I think it was a good idea though.

Written By: c4p on 11/23/17 at 6:24 pm

Yeah that makes sense...guess I'll go ahead and submit later tonight and hopefully be able to comment and start the next OWN thread sometime tomorrow

Written By: Matthias on 11/24/17 at 7:49 am

Just got to my computer and submitted my parody of "Just Came Back"... Should of sent it to myself via e-mail so I could have submitted it yesterday... Oh well, Sorry guys! It'll be up on Monday!

Written By: Matthias on 11/24/17 at 5:20 pm

What's the new song Claude Prez????????

Written By: c4p on 11/24/17 at 6:04 pm

Sorry, I'm in the middle of a 3-day family/travel bootcamp thing.  Finally have time to breathe today

Written By: Matthias on 11/27/17 at 12:06 pm

Hosting rounds are once again open to anybody who wants them!

Written By: K1chyd on 11/28/17 at 12:09 pm

Hosting rounds are once again open to anybody who wants them!

That Fridays or Mondays thing:

I'm thinking we could try that in December, so if you Matthias postpone your next round three days to Monday 04  to Monday 11, then I'll now sign up to host Monday 11 to Monday 18 - and then we all take a little break over the Holidays, starting again on either Friday January 05 or Monday January 08 (we can decide that part later).

Written By: Matthias on 11/28/17 at 1:27 pm

That Fridays or Mondays thing:

I'm thinking we could try that in December, so if you Matthias postpone your next round three days to Monday 04  to Monday 11, then I'll now sign up to host Monday 11 to Monday 18 - and then we all take a little break over the Holidays, starting again on either Friday January 05 or Monday January 08 (we can decide that part later).

That sounds good. Let me re-adjust.

Written By: K1chyd on 12/02/17 at 11:51 pm

That sounds good. Let me re-adjust.

Seeing we're back to Friday-Friday maybe you should re-re-adjust the general discussions top post.

And if so I'd prefer to go Friday15-Friday22
Hence Friday08-Friday15 is open

Written By: Matthias on 12/04/17 at 1:38 pm

We need SOMEBODY to host the week of December 8th-December 15th...
Claude Prez?
Medemia?
Agrimorfee?
Below Average Dave?
Jeff Reuben?
Blaydeman?
Conqueror of Parodies?
Abbott Skelding?
Anybody else up to the task?

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/05/17 at 8:31 am

We need SOMEBODY to host the week of December 8th-December 15th...

I guess I'm the dummy who is responding first.  ;D

I found an appropriate choice of song. I will get 'er done.

Written By: K1chyd on 12/17/17 at 3:13 am

A: I'm suggesting a two or three week hiatus over Christmas. I notice that you Matthias have already signed up to host December 22-29. Because of travelling issues AND then coming back to cover at work for others I cannot promise to be in such a round. :(

And Claude is already missing for similar reasons. So maybe that one could be postponed until January? Unless of course some of those who so far have only participated now and then can promise to be in it here?

B: That said I'm now signing up to host a round again in January. :)

Doesn't really matter much which one. I just finished writing my own take on my next pick, so I'll be ready (and I have a gut feeling Claude is gonna love the original ). Make a choice about your own next round's "when" and put me down in the queue somewhere behind it.

Written By: Matthias on 12/17/17 at 6:34 am

A: I'm suggesting a two or three week hiatus over Christmas. I notice that you Matthias have already signed up to host December 22-29. Because of travelling issues AND then coming back to cover at work for others I cannot promise to be in such a round. :(

And Claude is already missing for similar reasons. So maybe that one could be postponed until January? Unless of course some of those who so far have only participated now and then can promise to be in it here?

B: That said I'm now signing up to host a round again in January. :)

Doesn't really matter much which one. I just finished writing my own take on my next pick, so I'll be ready (and I have a gut feeling Claude is gonna love the original ). Make a choice about your own next round's "when" and put me down in the queue somewhere behind it.

That's fine. We can pick things back up on January 5th to give us a little break

Written By: jreuben on 12/18/17 at 8:34 am

As far as hosting, does it need to be a song that no one has ever parodied before?  I wouldn't pick "American Pie" of course, just curious what the thought is here (at some point I can do a round)

Written By: Matthias on 12/18/17 at 8:44 am

As far as hosting, does it need to be a song that no one has ever parodied before?  I wouldn't pick "American Pie" of course, just curious what the thought is here (at some point I can do a round)

It has to be a song done less than 5 times on Amiright.
Artist is open since we've had Frank Sinatra, ABBA and Alice Cooper on here who have all been done multiple times.

Written By: K1chyd on 12/18/17 at 11:22 am

I wouldn't pick "American Pie" of course.

Right, don't do that. The most important advice I can give is probably that a short OS is better than a long one. Even as an experienced parody writer one week has felt short here sometimes. Even harder for newbies I guess. And of course you want as many as possible to get done in time.

I've been thinking about this part lately, and next year I'll probably be checking out album B-sides more for originals, that's often were short "filler songs" are "hidden away", songs that the artists and the labels didn't really understand at the time how good they were. ABBA's "My mama said" (my best choice so far) was such a song, number nine or ten on the album I think.

Written By: K1chyd on 12/18/17 at 11:41 am

Also we haven't had any female hosts yet - so to all you parody writing ladies out there;

Your New Year's Resolution is an easy fix in 2018 here! ;)

Additional: Crap! It just hit me - we haven't even had any female artist OSs yet! Oh well - looks like MY OWN (no pun intended) New Years Resolution for 2018 will be equally easy!  8)

Additional Additional: I take that back. Agrimorfee's Indie band song choice had a woman singing on it, right?

Additional Additional Additional: And ABBA is of course 50 % women. I'm too tired for this this evening.

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/18/17 at 1:41 pm

...We can pick things back up on January 5th to give us a little break

Thank you!

Written By: Matthias on 12/18/17 at 1:57 pm

Also we haven't had any female hosts yet - so to all you parody writing ladies out there;

Additional: Crap! It just hit me - we haven't even had any female artist OSs yet! Oh well - looks like MY OWN (no pun intended) New Years Resolution for 2018 will be equally easy!  8)

Additional Additional: I take that back. Agrimorfee's Indie band song choice had a woman singing on it, right?

Additional Additional Additional: And ABBA is of course 50 % women. I'm too tired for this this evening.

I just posted and deleted it because we had at least 2 so far with female artists

Here are a few more female artists we could work with (Never done before on Amiright)

1. Emilie Autumn
2. Dresdon Dolls
3. Pretty Reckless
4. Echosmith
5. Heartless Bastards
6. Hurray for the Riff Raff
7. Sleigh Bells
8. Belle And Sebastian
9. Screaming Females
10. Crystal Castles
11. Diet Cig
12. Bully
13. Arch Enemy
14. Epica
15. Cayetana
16. Speedy Ortiz
17. Icon For Hire

Written By: jreuben on 12/18/17 at 2:08 pm

Harvey the Wonder Hamster.  And I'll wear a dress  :)

Written By: Matthias on 12/18/17 at 2:20 pm

Harvey the Wonder Hamster.  And I'll wear a dress  :)

Technically it would work because its only been done 4 times and the cut off is 5 times

Written By: jreuben on 12/18/17 at 7:14 pm

Surprising.  I would have expected dresses to be worn more than 4 times.

I'll come up with a serious song idea closer to my week  :)

Technically it would work because its only been done 4 times and the cut off is 5 times

Written By: Matthias on 12/18/17 at 7:52 pm

I'll come up with a serious song idea closer to my week  :)

When would you like to go so I can pencil you in?

Written By: K1chyd on 12/18/17 at 10:30 pm

LOL!  ;D

I've already picked yet another male band/artist for my next hosting and it's all prepared and all that - but then again I know the singer went on to become a producer and helped lauch a lot of female carreers that way - so there's that.

Written By: jreuben on 12/19/17 at 9:01 am

Peter...that's cool!

Matthias..the next open January date should be good for me.

Written By: Matthias on 12/19/17 at 9:03 am

Peter...that's cool!

Matthias..the next open January date should be good for me.

Sounds good!

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/21/17 at 8:11 am

Here are a few more female artists we could work with ...

Janelle Monae is a great R&B artist, but she's only been represented on AIR for her featured vocals with Duran Duran and fun. I've toyed with the idea of doing one of her tracks for some time now, she needs her own parody.

Written By: K1chyd on 01/07/18 at 12:30 pm

Put me down for TWO more rounds,
I can come on again after Jeff Reuben and take both January 19 AND January 26,
Ideas been flowing this Sunday! :)

Written By: Matthias on 02/01/18 at 12:52 pm

UPDATED! We need new hosts for the future!

Written By: K1chyd on 02/02/18 at 1:35 am

UPDATED! We need new hosts for the future!

I think the length of a/this thread might prevent new people from getting in on the action.

All the essentials are in Matthias first post - the rest is filler by now. The initially necessary discussions about the hows and whens and the modus operandi of the whole thing has largely settled - though a potential new host won't know that, hence thinking he/she might have to read all six pages before signing up.

My suggestion is we ask a/the mod to lock down this thread, because apart from Matthias initial post it has served its purpose. Then you Matthias copy that first post and start a new thread with a slightly different name - you're the salesman here so you'll think of something more sales-y around the new necessary focus - I'm thinking "Come host a ONE WEEK NOTICE with us!" - though maybe that's too straightforward?

Written By: Matthias on 02/02/18 at 10:48 am

I think the length of a/this thread might prevent new people from getting in on the action.

All the essentials are in Matthias first post - the rest is filler by now. The initially necessary discussions about the hows and whens and the modus operandi of the whole thing has largely settled - though a potential new host won't know that, hence thinking he/she might have to read all six pages before signing up.

My suggestion is we ask a/the mod to lock down this thread, because apart from Matthias initial post it has served its purpose. Then you Matthias copy that first post and start a new thread with a slightly different name - you're the salesman here so you'll think of something more sales-y around the new necessary focus - I'm thinking "Come host a ONE WEEK NOTICE with us!" - though maybe that's too straightforward?

I’m pretty sure the 1st page tells anybody who wants to host the necessary information needed in order to host.

I STRONGLY disagree with locking this thread. This thread HAS ALWAYS been used for discussion and locking it will completely ruin this thread’s intended purpose.

PLUS we need it open so people can tell us WHEN they want to host.

I say keep it open!

Written By: K1chyd on 02/02/18 at 11:20 am

This thread HAS ALWAYS been used for discussion and locking it will completely ruin this thread’s intended purpose.

PLUS we need it open so people can tell us WHEN they want to host.

What I'm trying to say is move those same things to a new, shorter thread that fills the same purpose. :-)

Let me try with a car sales analogy: Think of a new thread for it as the new display window version of the 2018 model of a favorite car. As great as the 2017 model was you're not gonna advertize that one forever - even if there's literally no change to the 2018 model except for the name/number you're gonna put that one up instead because that's good for business.

"Come host a 2018 ONE WEEK NOTICE with us"
then
"Come host a 2019 ONE WEEK NOTICE with us"
then
"Come host a 2020 ONE WEEK NOTICE with us"

Or something similar of your chosing.
No rewrites necessary otherwise
Just copy your first post from this thread every year.
Keep updating it the same way you do now.
And put up a new model in the display window.

Written By: K1chyd on 02/04/18 at 3:42 am

Sign me up to host the next round - Feb 09 to Feb 16 - I just came up with kind of a cool idea/TOS for it. 8)

TOS = The Original Song, for those not familiar with the acronym.

Written By: Matthias on 02/15/18 at 9:13 am

Updated & Once again we are going to need some hosts!

Written By: K1chyd on 02/21/18 at 11:38 am

I can do next week, starting March 02 (unless that's a Holiday in the US, with no AIR update?).

That question asked; we still need someone to host a new challenge THIS Friday, or it'll be a rest week.

Written By: Matthias on 02/21/18 at 12:15 pm

I can do next week, starting March 02 (unless that's a Holiday in the US, with no AIR update?).

That question asked; we still need someone to host a new challenge THIS Friday, or it'll be a rest week.

I can go again unless Agrimorfee wants to go again! He hasn’t gone since a December...

Written By: Matthias on 02/22/18 at 10:37 am

Updated!

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/22/18 at 11:20 am

I can go again unless Agrimorfee wants to go again! He hasn’t gone since a December...

Not this week, when is the next empty slot? I will take that. (forgive me, I can't keep track right now)

Written By: Matthias on 02/22/18 at 11:29 am

Not this week, when is the next empty slot? I will take that. (forgive me, I can't keep track right now)

March 9th - March 16th is YOURS!!!

Written By: K1chyd on 02/24/18 at 12:20 pm

And I'll go again March 16 to March 23 with my spring break somewhat tie in original song idea (which of course I still can't tell what it is, because then it wouldn't be a ONE week notice. It's not a famous song or a famous artist/band though, I can give that much away).

-------------------------------------------------------

The week after that is Holy Week, so I assume no Friday update to AIR, and possibly not even a Thursday update.

Question about that: Rest week? Or a Two Weeks Notice?

Written By: Matthias on 03/01/18 at 9:13 am

Since Stuart McArthur's Beatles + Reality TV contest was a huge success yesterday I am going to post a Facebook event each week for this challenge as well this will allow people who don't normally check out the Inthe00s boards or even Amiright often enough to see this week's song. It might bring more people to us on a weekly basis which I know we've been attempting to do.

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/01/18 at 10:25 am

March 9th - March 16th is YOURS!!!

OK...hmmm, I got a diabolically Aggy-style choice of artist in mind... :-X :o

Written By: K1chyd on 03/01/18 at 11:05 am

Since Stuart McArthur's Beatles + Reality TV contest was a huge success yesterday I am going to post a Facebook event each week for this challenge as well this will allow people who don't normally check out the Inthe00s boards or even Amiright often enough to see this week's song. It might bring more people to us on a weekly basis which I know we've been attempting to do.

*looking at all the old gang submissions yesterday*

So that's what happened! Well, I had a hard day trip and a hard days night so I would have missed it anyway - but hey, cool!

Written By: K1chyd on 03/10/18 at 11:56 pm

*bumping this to remind Matty/Others that I've already signed up for March 16 to 23*

And whether or not we'll continue after that is a different question of course.
This one round I already have prepared to host since I wrote the above.

Written By: K1chyd on 03/17/18 at 2:39 pm

As promised elsewhere I'm gonna return the superhero curveball to Agrimorfee.

So sign me up for March 30 to April 06.

That means it'll start during Easter Weekend, and if that's a problem due to family obligations and whatnots we can again expand it to a Two Weeks Notice March 30 to April 13 like we did over Christmas - or I can postpone the round to April 06 to April 13. All three alternatives works for me so I'll let you guys make the call.

Written By: Matthias on 03/29/18 at 10:02 am

Updated the message board

Written By: Matthias on 04/05/18 at 9:20 am

Page has been updated. We need future hosts so the hosting pool is once again open!

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/05/18 at 10:12 am

Give me April 13th-20th.  :D

I got another weird one in mind.

Written By: DoRitos on 04/12/18 at 12:57 am

Hey everyone,

I'm back.  I'm somewhat rusty but Pip tells me getting back on the horse is like riding a bike.  Yeah, should be easy as cake or a piece of pie.  :)

Wow, you guys have been really busy.  I have a lot of reading to do to on these threads.  You'd think I'd have all the time in the world to get caught up since I am fully retired now and every day is Saturday.  Something I had not considered when I walked out of the work 20 for the last time is about wearing out rocking chairs.  Not!

I'm a baby boomer and we don't sit on our butts.  I have so many things going, I sometimes pass myself going to and fro.  I thought I was busy on the job.  When I was working I worked 9 1/2 hours per day on a compressed schedule, rarely went to lunch and did a lot of telework from home.  I had not realized just how many hours I put in each week until I retired and looked back.  I didn't have time to compile the hours I was working while I was working.

I have filled my time doing so much stuff in retirement and actually found that I have more activity hours per week than I did when I was working.  Best part is no boss, no one to report to, NO STRESS  8) and if I want to take a day off and binge a TV series or whatever, then I can.  I ask myself if I can do something and I always say yes, yes of course.  ;D

So, now I'm taking on another activity out here and I'm good with it.  Who does this?  I should be on meds.  :o  I'm making my life great again.  :D

OK, enough monolog.  I am interested in doing that nobody ever wrote song challenge first.  I'll need to read the rules on this.  I scanned over them just a short time ago.  If I find any conflict in the rules can I post here and get a question answered?  If not then it is always easier and better to ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission.  ::)

I love this invasion.  About a year ago I wanted to write again and was so disapointed to find AIR looking like a land fill.  I just \O/ and did something else. 

OK then, gotta go, times a wastin'.

Ciao Y'all...  Aisle be bach, count on it.

Guy

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/12/18 at 8:07 am

This is the place for all questions and discussion on this, Guy. Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome.

Written By: Matthias on 04/12/18 at 8:50 am

Updated. If you would like to host Guy let me know I'll put you on.

Written By: DoRitos on 04/12/18 at 8:56 am

Thank you Agri,

Hope your day is going well.

Have stuff to do through the lunch hour.  One question, from when I scanned over the rules, for the never before have seen OS on AIR parody event, I gathered that I would need to host the event in order to submit my parody.  I'm hoping to start reading those rules sometime today in the PM.  If so, I'm just wondering what that all entails.  As I stated, I haven't really read a lot out here yet.  Perhaps there is a thread that outlines the host's duties.  I also see that hosts are queued up and waiting for their turn.  I gather that means I'll need to wait my turn?

I am also looking at the Elton John Magical History Tour.  I think that drop dead submit date is some time near the end  of April.  I think it was only suggested that the theme of the parody need be one of an historic event but does not necessiarily need to follow these guidelines.  I missed the Billy Joel event (really love his music as I do Elton John).  I've written a gaggle of parodies using OS from both artists.

As I stated, I need to read the rules since I only scanned them.  So this is going to be a one step at a time learning experience.  Seems that I have been gone so long, that I need only re-learn one thing and that would be like everything. 

Well gotta go, the clock is ticking and I have a lot of running around to do by 1115 hours.

Thanks and out. 

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/12/18 at 9:39 am

...I gathered that I would need to host the event in order to submit my parody.  I'm hoping to start reading those rules sometime today in the PM.  If so, I'm just wondering what that all entails.  As I stated, I haven't really read a lot out here yet.  Perhaps there is a thread that outlines the host's duties.  I also see that hosts are queued up and waiting for their turn.  I gather that means I'll need to wait my turn? .

In this thread, just say you want to "host" on a particular week. Remember, the goal is a simultaneous publishing on the same day--therefore, you would host beginning on a Friday through the next Friday. You want to be selecting a song that has not been parodied on amiright.com.

On the Thursday before that Friday you volunteered, publish a thread just like we have (here's mine for this week http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=57569.0) in the Song Parodies forum, and also make an announcement at the Amiright Event box on amiright.com's home page (click on Suggest An Amiright Event--from there, provide a link to the inthe00s thread you created, Your name, a description of what's going on, and your email address--which only Chucky G keeps for tracking purposes).

Keep in mind in your hosting thread, you need to provide a YouTube link to the song (or some other audio platform that most people have access to), the song title and artist, the year it was released, and hopefully the official lyrics. All of this requires a bit of basic 'net surfing and cutting/pasting. If you really need help, I am pretty sure Peter, Matthias or myself can assist you. Cheers.

Written By: K1chyd on 04/12/18 at 12:21 pm

What Agrimorfee just said. Follow his current example to learn about hosting. He just posted the new challenge here, and we got one week to write parodies, which we then submit so that they'll be on next week's Friday front page update to Amiright.

Technically that makes it almost an eight day challenge, since the new one is normally started here already after the Thursday update to Amiright has been done, but it's called One Week Challenge because the part with announcement on the front page of Amiright won't be up until tomorrow, that's where it's Friday to Friday, and that makes it seven days for the general amiright visitor who's not/never here on the message board.

You might wanna think of that as getting yourself kind of a bonus day for hanging out back here.

So there's a bit of an overlap, the new challenge is normally started here before it and the submission for the previous one appear on the frontpage.

Anyway, you now got those 7/8 days to write a parody of Agrimorfee's challange - then post it for the Friday update next week.

// Peter

PS. One Week Challenge submissions that will appear on the front page tomorrow are those written for the challenge Matthias threw down for us last week. The term (not officiall) "submission window is now open" you might have seen here and there on the backlog of the various challenges' threads simply means that the Thursday front page update had been done - hence we're in an/the approx 24 hour "submission window" for an aformentioned Friday update. If you're already in the current challenge Matthias threw down last week, if you've written something for that one it's supposed to be up tomorrrow, so just make sure you post it before Amiright is updated again then.

Written By: K1chyd on 04/15/18 at 6:00 am

I'll host the May 04 to May 11 round. Yes, it's not the next available slot, I know, I'm jumping one week forward, but I got some personal IRL stuff coming up I have to consider for.

Written By: Matthias on 04/26/18 at 7:21 am

I guess I’ll do May 27th too unless somebody else wants to go

Written By: K1chyd on 04/26/18 at 8:26 am

I guess I’ll do May 27th too unless somebody else wants to go

Or it could be a break week so that you and Agrii can focus on the Elton John history gathering.

If you do put up a new OWN I'll try to join of course, but as stated above I'll have some other stuff to take care off right now so less time than usual, and on top of everthing else my boss quit the other day so it's kinda turbulent at work.

Additional: Just thinking out loud here. Most months have four weekends/fridays. If these old guard gatherings is becoming a regular thing, and no one else starts hosting OWNs, then we (You, Agri and Me) could host one week each each month and leave the last week/Friday as an OWN rest week so that not to collide with those.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/26/18 at 8:37 am

Or it could be a break week ...(You, Agri and Me) could host one week each each month and leave the last week/Friday as an OWN rest week so that not to collide with those.

That would be a good thing.
Matty you can have the 27th.
If no takers, sign me up for May 4th. (i will think of a new track by then...)

Written By: K1chyd on 04/26/18 at 8:42 am

That would be a good thing.
Matty you can have the 27th.
If no takers, sign me up for May 4th. (i will think of a new track by then...)

I've already signed up for starting one on May 4th, but thanks anyway! :-)

PS. Did I mention that the 2nd is my birthday on top of everything else? ::) That profile pic is from 2000 (I think). Gonna have to update to one where I look (almost) 53 soon I guess.

Additional: Found one from last years office party! I think it's me, but my eyes aren't what they used to be.

http://k1chyd.adress.eksjo.com/mutanter/senilo.jpg

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/26/18 at 10:38 am

I've already signed up for starting one on May 4th, but thanks anyway! :-)
So does this mean you want to do may 4 or not? ???

http://k1chyd.adress.eksjo.com/mutanter/senilo.jpg

"'Owdy, guv'nor!"

Written By: K1chyd on 04/26/18 at 12:55 pm

I'll take May 04. I should be able to start that OWN here on normal time after the Thursday 03 update if I've sobered up from Wednesday 02 - the rest of that weekend I don't dare making online plans for, but Thursday should be a normal day in the midst of everything else.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/03/18 at 2:43 pm

Opting in for 5/11-5/18

Written By: Matthias on 05/09/18 at 11:37 pm

This hasn’t been discussed before but are you allowed to choose a song you already have a parody to if you’re willing to take a new parody in an entirely new direction. There are a few songs that I’ve done in the past that I would love to see other people attempt as well. If not that’s okay too. I would like to know either way

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/10/18 at 8:13 am

This hasn’t been discussed before but are you allowed to choose a song you already have a parody to if you’re willing to take a new parody in an entirely new direction. There are a few songs that I’ve done in the past that I would love to see other people attempt as well. If not that’s okay too. I would like to know either way

It does rewrite the rules...we could open the parameters of qualified OSs, I suppose. The general idea was to make more participation for serious writers after all.

Written By: Matthias on 05/10/18 at 8:56 am

It does rewrite the rules...we could open the parameters of qualified OSs, I suppose. The general idea was to make more participation for serious writers after all.

Keeping it within the parameters of having less than 4 parodies on Amiright I have a few songs I would like to see other people tackle

Written By: K1chyd on 05/10/18 at 9:17 am

I think I'm OK with this - As Agrimorfee's pointing out the general idea was to make more participation, and that hasn't really happen most weeks.

"Short OS" is probably the most important part to keep. One week isn't much for a potential new writer to join, and sometimes in reality means only one or two opportunities to write something for us too when life gets in the way.

And if I understand Matthias correctly there's to be a gentlemen's agreement at least among us three to take a new take in a totally different direction.

Written By: K1chyd on 05/10/18 at 9:26 am

Also: Any opinions on my suggestion to have rest weeks durings those weeks where Facebook Group Reunions are due to be posted?

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/10/18 at 10:21 am

Or it could be a break week so that you and Agrii can focus on the Elton John history gathering.

Additional: Just thinking out loud here. Most months have four weekends/fridays. If these old guard gatherings is becoming a regular thing, and no one else starts hosting OWNs, then we (You, Agri and Me) could host one week each each month and leave the last week/Friday as an OWN rest week so that not to collide with those.

Aye, agreed.

Written By: K1chyd on 05/11/18 at 12:02 am

Good! I'll take the week after that then.

So we have this now, right?

May 11th - May 18th: Agrimorfee's hosting
May 18th - May 25th: Matthias' hosting
May 25th - June 1st: OWN Break Week (because of the Madonna's Crazy Cartoons Reunion Project)
June 1st - June 8th: Peter Andersson now signs up to host that round.

Written By: Matthias on 05/11/18 at 6:56 am

Good! I'll take the week after that then.

So we have this now, right?

May 11th - May 18th: Agrimorfee's hosting
May 18th - May 25th: Matthias' hosting
May 25th - June 1st: OWN Break Week (because of the Madonna's Crazy Cartoons Reunion Project)
June 1st - June 8th: Peter Andersson now signs up to host that round.

That’s fair.

Written By: Matthias on 05/11/18 at 7:22 am

Beware: I may be breaking our “No rap rule” since I think this song falls under the catagory of easier to parody rap song. There’s a lot of short lines, it’s a rather short song and half of it is sung. It’s by an artist who I really enjoy and his new beat just dropped and it has a powerful message BUT I think it would still be fun to parody.

Stay tuned for the reveal but I wanted to give you all advanced warning

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/11/18 at 8:30 am

Beware: I may be breaking our “No rap rule”...

I thought we agreed rap has always been OK if it was a reasonable track.

Written By: Matthias on 05/11/18 at 9:00 am

I thought we agreed rap has always been OK if it was a reasonable track.

Oh yeah...

Written By: K1chyd on 05/11/18 at 10:25 am

Depends on your definition of short lines I guess. I almost opted out of using Metric here because of those two-word lines in it - they're so constricting.

Listen to a Golden Oldie like Nazareth's "Love hurts" and tell me it doesn't almost belong in the Big 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soDZBW-1P04

Written By: Matthias on 05/12/18 at 11:04 am

Nobody really brought this up but if we choose to host with that week’s song being a COVER of a song done  a bunch on Amiright does that count?

Written By: K1chyd on 05/12/18 at 12:55 pm

Nobody really brought this up but if we choose to host with that week’s song being a COVER of a song done  a bunch on Amiright does that count?

I'd say that sounds more like a good idea for a Monthly Reunion Project - everyone gets a chance to get everyone else to listen to slightly different versions of various famous songs (if the OOS (Original Original Song) has been done a bunch it's kinda safe to say it's too famous for OWN).

But what month would be best to show some love for covers? Or to associate with "new version"? Spring? First Day of January?

Additional: "Show some love for covers" sounds like a project title to me!  :)

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/14/18 at 10:49 am

Yes to all of the above, Pete. Doesn't matter what month. Give it to the FB page!

Written By: Matthias on 05/14/18 at 7:49 pm

Yes to all of the above, Pete. Doesn't matter what month. Give it to the FB page!

I think it would be a great time. I’ll ask on the Facebook page

Written By: Matthias on 05/24/18 at 9:46 am

So this is a break week so we can work on MADONNA'S CARTOON MADNESS right?

Written By: K1chyd on 05/24/18 at 9:48 am

So this is a break week so we can work on MADONNA'S CARTOON MADNESS right?

Yes. And I'll restart us again in another seven days.

Written By: Matthias on 06/06/18 at 4:18 pm

Updated

Written By: Matthias on 06/07/18 at 1:43 pm

Updated!

Written By: Matthias on 06/27/18 at 3:38 pm

If you allow me to I would like to go next week so I can choose a The Killers song so we can all join in on the Artistry 2 round together like how we did with The Police/ Amiright Reunion.

If Peter still wants to go can I suggest that YOU pick a The Killers song so we can all enter this round together?

It would be nice to have more people in this Artistry competition together like back in the old days...

For more information on the Artistry 2 challenge see this thread = http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=58250.0

Written By: K1chyd on 06/28/18 at 6:38 am

Nah, it's OK, you do it.

Are we down to two hosters?

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/28/18 at 8:54 am

I'm still in. (Gaah, I hate the Killers :P ;D)
I can take the week after.

Written By: K1chyd on 07/14/18 at 1:51 am

Let's discuss the upcoming weeks, if we're to continue with this (I may have said this before; I do hope we can make it to at least 52 rounds (currently at #45), so we can say we gave it a whole year) I suggest:

July 20th - July 27th --- Matty, can you take this one if no first-timer signs up to host it?
July 27th - August 03 --- Rest week (Aerosmits's Animal Adventures ends during this period).
August 03 - August 10 --- Peter Andersson now signs up to host that week.

Written By: Matthias on 07/28/18 at 8:15 pm

What is everybody’s opinion on songs that aren’t in English? Yay or nay?

Written By: K1chyd on 07/29/18 at 2:12 am

What is everybody’s opinion on songs that aren’t in English? Yay or nay?

My experience with translating songs is that it's hard, but can be done. Though said experience consists of transforming ONE old Swedish hit to an English parody, after first having written a Swedish parody on the same subject to the same song.

So not against it per se, if you a) make sure it's a short one, and b) are positively sure that your own idea for a parody to it isn't the only easy one to pop up fast enough for a one week write.

Written By: Matthias on 07/29/18 at 6:29 am

My experience with translating songs is that it's hard, but can be done. Though said experience consists of transforming ONE old Swedish hit to an English parody, after first having written a Swedish parody on the same subject to the same song.

So not against it per se, if you a) make sure it's a short one, and b) are positively sure that your own idea for a parody to it isn't the only easy one to pop up fast enough for a one week write.

I was thinking about doing a Rammstein song. Seems fairly easy though it’s German

Written By: K1chyd on 07/29/18 at 11:37 am

I was thinking about doing a Rammstein song. Seems fairly easy though it’s German

That was a surprise, I expected something Spanish or spanish-ish from the California hit factories.

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/30/18 at 9:04 am

"Du Hast"? There is an English version, but I'm not sure how well-suited this song would be, in either language, for parody writing. (this band is nutty  :D..I have their Sehnsucht album...)

Written By: Matthias on 07/31/18 at 3:03 pm

I think my next song will be by Ok Go because looking back we had a bunch of songs with the word "Go" in it...

1. GoGoGo Status Quo
2. How Far I'll Go Auli'i Cravalho (Moana Soundtrack)
3. I Wanna Go Britney Spears
4. Everywhere I Go The Call

Written By: Matthias on 08/14/18 at 11:33 am

Time to fill in the hosts again... After I go who wants to go?

Since Agrimorfee doesn't want to take the week after mine I guess I'll go that week too... Since we're down to 3 hosts.

Which leaves the 1st week of September open

Written By: K1chyd on 08/14/18 at 12:18 pm

Time to fill in the hosts again... After I go who wants to go?

I'll take the week of August 31st - September 7th (I have a good "Back to School" song that will work for this round)

Sign me up for the next round after that, September 7th - 14th.

Written By: K1chyd on 08/21/18 at 12:08 am

Sign me up for the next round after that, September 7th - 14th.

I just found a short and easy one, not as short as They Might Be Giants, but not far off, and probably even easier to work with. Just letting you know, for the next time there's a need for one of those.

Written By: Matthias on 08/25/18 at 10:18 am

We're going to end this at Number 52.

This has been a great challenge: A whole year of a new original songs each week.

Even when this is over I might make it a personal challenge to myself to write at least 1 new parody every week. It's a great way to get out there and test your skills without being to cumbersome. Conqueror of Parodies writes a new song every single day and I don't have the dedication to accomplish that but one a week is very easily done and it was fun getting to hear a whole bunch of new songs while getting you guys to parody new songs that I enjoy as well.

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/27/18 at 10:25 am

We're going to end this at Number 52.

This has been a great challenge: A whole year of a new original songs each week.

Even when this is over I might make it a personal challenge to myself to write at least 1 new parody every week. It's a great way to get out there and test your skills without being to cumbersome. Conqueror of Parodies writes a new song every single day and I don't have the dedication to accomplish that but one a week is very easily done and it was fun getting to hear a whole bunch of new songs while getting you guys to parody new songs that I enjoy as well.

Well put. Virtual hugs and all that.  :-*. Write on!

Written By: K1chyd on 08/28/18 at 2:20 am

Big thanks to all who ever participated in a round - I think there has been 10-12 of you - and if memory serves me right there was as many as 7 in one single round once (and we've still got round 50-52 to complete).

Having mulled this over I've come to realize that the OWNs can't technically ever be ended since anyone can still start a One Week Notice at any point down the road. It's not like we own (pun totally intended) the concept or anything. What ends here and now is the consecutiveness that has been upheld by Agrimorfee, Matthias and myself.

Also - this seems like a good time to remind anyone reading that putting the Events Section on the front page of Amiright into more/better use was a driving factor in me coming up with the idea in the first place. It had been "dead" for over a year when I announced the first round. Matty and Agri have both told me that the Facebook Group is a/the better place to announce challenges anyway, but I'm not on Facebook at all and didn't wanna sign up for just that one thing.

Putting the question out to those of you that have ever participated in a round - is that (The Events Section) where you found out about the round you joined? If not - Where?

Written By: Matthias on 08/28/18 at 6:52 am

Big thanks to all who ever participated in a round - I think there has been 10-12 of you - and if memory serves me right there was as many as 7 in one single round once (and we've still got round 50-52 to complete).

Having mulled this over I've come to realize that the OWNs can't technically ever be ended since anyone can still start a One Week Notice at any point down the road. It's not like we own (pun totally intended) the concept or anything. What ends here and now is the consecutiveness that has been upheld by Agrimorfee, Matthias and myself.

Also - this seems like a good time to remind anyone reading that putting the Events Section on the front page of Amiright into more/better use was a driving factor in me coming up with the idea in the first place. It had been "dead" for over a year when I announced the first round. Matty and Agri have both told me that the Facebook Group is a/the better place to announce challenges anyway, but I'm not on Facebook at all and didn't wanna sign up for just that one thing.

Putting the question out to those of you that have ever participated in a round - is that (The Events Section) where you found out about the round you joined? If not - Where?

Soooo what you’re saying is that it doesn’t need to end. We can keep doing OWNs forever? I have another  52 songs in mind alone that could keep us busy and I’m sure you have just as many. So we could make it much more lax and not do a OWN every week but every other week or every third week depending on what we want to parody and when we find time to do it. I hate to see fun things come to an end. I was in tears when a theme park I used to attend all the time throughout my childhood closed down and this news makes me feel better

Written By: K1chyd on 08/28/18 at 8:42 am

Soooo what you’re saying is that it doesn’t need to end. We can keep doing OWNs forever? I have another  52 songs in mind alone that could keep us busy and I’m sure you have just as many. So we could make it much more lax and not do a OWN every week but every other week or every third week depending on what we want to parody and when we find time to do it. I hate to see fun things come to an end. I was in tears when a theme park I used to attend all the time throughout my childhood closed down and this news makes me feel better

What I'm saying is that we do not and can not own the concept. Any fourth party can start an OWN any day, any week, any month, anytime in the future. I currently don't really see that happening, but hey, who knows, maybe some newbie/newbies was discurraged by us oldtimers running things and will present his/her own tweaked version of something similar once we give it a rest. Maybe they'll simply dispose of the "previously unknown songs" or "ban against rap songs" parts that the three of us agreed upon. If one or more newbies get organized on something like that I'll be OK with it because I think that would be good for Amiright on the whole in the long run - albeit I myself would hardly able to get a rap song done in just one week.

Written By: K1chyd on 08/28/18 at 8:56 am

Also I think that the monthly Reunions so far have worked better for what I/we wanted to accomplish in terms of revitalizing Amiright in the first place. Sure, we can do the occasional new OWN every now and then in the future for special circumstances or whatever - although I don't really feel tempted to right now.

And who knows what the Reunion Think Tank Brains might come up with to fill the weekly void once we're done with #52 and free for other projects - I'm pretty sure the three of us would try to join anything else coming from that direction, so there's almost a guarantee for anyone starting something new that they'll have at least a four person starter round whatever that thing/challenge might be.

Written By: Matthias on 08/28/18 at 10:22 am

I think I’ll still host OWN for special events: Christmas, Halloween, etc. since those were the most fun in my opinion

Written By: Matthias on 08/29/18 at 7:24 am

Damn! It’s ending and I just learned about Snoop Dogg’s gospel album. That’s ripe for parody!!

Written By: K1chyd on 08/29/18 at 9:45 am

Damn! It’s ending and I just learned about Snoop Dogg’s gospel album. That’s ripe for parody!!

Snoop Dogg might be Household Name enough to be put in a Reunion Round. Especially with a gospel album under his paws. How about:

Snoop Dogg September
or
It's a Snoop Dogg Christmas
or
Smoking Springtunes With Snoop Dogg

Written By: Matthias on 08/29/18 at 5:52 pm

Snoop Dogg might be Household Name enough to be put in a Reunion Round. Especially with a gospel album under his paws. How about:

Snoop Dogg September
or
or

Most people will do his rap work. The great thing about OWN is to showcase shorter songs by popular artists that you’ve probably never heard before like Alice Cooper’s Halloween rock song or ABBA’s undiscovered disco track.

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/30/18 at 8:24 am

Snoop Dogg September
or
or

Christmas album title--- The 420 12/25

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/04/18 at 10:16 am

Check out particularly the bottom of the parody, and my Comment.
http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/creedenceclearwaterrevival8.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 09/04/18 at 11:36 am

I think we should go out with a bang and the last round of ONE WEEK NOTICE should be the COVER SONGS CHALLENGE idea that we were throwing around.

For this we'll make it two weeks instead of One Week and anybody can do any song that they want as long as it's a cover of an original song.

What do you guys think?

Written By: K1chyd on 09/04/18 at 11:50 am

You never said what cover you had in mind (rightfully so, since it wouldn't have been an OWN if you'd given it away before time) when you asked if such would be alright for OWN. My take was that covers in general could be a round of Reunion.

Speaking of such here a few other ideas from the top of my head:

Scorpions Octoberfest - This German band has almost 50 years of music to drink... I mean pick from.

The Muppets Movember - A parody about male beards, or male grooming in general, set to any tune that has been on The Muppet Show.

Christmas Carol(e) King - I don't know much about her - but seems there should be plenyt to chose from:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carole_King

Hallowen & Oates might be a special round there too, but they only have one famous song, don't they?

Written By: Matthias on 09/04/18 at 1:16 pm

A few more ideas...

1. Ozztoberfest (Ozzy Osbourne + Beer)
2.Jimmy Buffet's Summer Vacation (Jimmy Buffet + Summertime)
3. FALL Out Boy (Fall Out Boy + Fall)
4. Weezer's Winter Wonderland (Weezer + Winter)
5. Talking Head's Television Special (Talking Heads + Television)
6. Prince's Political Party (Prince + Politics)
7. Bruno MARS (Bruno Mars + Space/ Science Fiction)
8. Frank SINatra (Frank Sinatra + 7 Deadly Sins)

If we want to do one for Halloween I'm thinking....

1. Mariah's Monster Mash (Mariah Carey + Monster Movies... I think the juxtaposition would be hilarious)
2. Styx or Treat (Styx + Halloween in general)

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/05/18 at 8:32 am

I think we should go out with a bang and the last round of ONE WEEK NOTICE should be the COVER SONGS CHALLENGE idea that we were throwing around.

For this we'll make it two weeks instead of One Week and anybody can do any song that they want as long as it's a cover of an original song.

What do you guys think?

Go with where your heart leads you.

Written By: K1chyd on 09/05/18 at 9:01 am

Go with where your heart leads you.

I'll start the 52nd round as planned late Thursday. If there's anything after that I'll see what I can do, but this month is cramped.

Written By: K1chyd on 09/05/18 at 9:01 am

2. Styx or Treat (Styx + Halloween in general)

How about Cheap Trick or Treat...

Written By: Matthias on 04/03/19 at 12:20 pm

Figured that I'd bump this thread too...

Hopefully we can bring this game back to life since it was a whole lot of fun when it was originally happening...

I have a few ideas in mind for more songs for us to parody.

I want to do some untouched songs by popular artists too because it's fun to explore their B-Side work as well

A few I want to play with are...

1. Billy Joel
2. Elton John
3. Queen
4. Michael Jackson
5. Prince
6. The Rolling Stones
7. The Beatles

Anybody know any virgin songs by these artists?

Written By: Matthias on 04/03/19 at 12:25 pm

Billy Joel...

1. Worse Comes to Worst (1974)
2. Sometimes A Fantasy (1980)
3. Modern Woman (1986)
4. This Is the Time (1986)
5. That's Not Her Style (1990)
6. Hey Girl (1997)
7. To Make You Feel My Love (1997)
8. Leningrad (1989)

Check for new replies or respond here...